TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSUvsGSU after we rebuild

Default Re: NDSUvsGSU after we rebuild

Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post
    NDSU is 9 and 3 all time against FBS competition. They are currently riding a 6 game winning streak.

Wins include: Ball St 2006, Central Michigan and Minnesota 2007, Kansas 2010, Minnesota 2011, Colorado St 2012, Kansas St 2013, Iowa State 2014, and #13 Iowa 2016.

Losses: Minnesota 2006 (9-10), Wyoming 2008 (13-16), and Iowa State 2009 (17-34). They lost 2 of the 3 by a combined 4 points!!

None of those games took place in Fargo. NONE!

It makes absolutely ZERO sense. There is no way, no how, no anything at all to justify playing them... let alone playing them in Fargo.
    And you think GSU cant be that good in 3 years? FEAR FACTOR +1000

What were those teams ranked at those times? were they in the top 20?
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

Almost 2000 views and most of you are not TT posters and yet you have nothing to say?

I'm asking what you think. Stand up whaither you agree with me or not!

W = W

All I've heard about last season is that Georgia Southern completed a miraculous turnaround by winning 10 games after going 2-10.

No one has said we won 9 games and beat SC State. A win is a win. A cheap, close tomato can is plenty good for me.

I bet Florida wishes they would have scheduled SC State instead of Georgia Southern.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    W = W

All I've heard about last season is that Georgia Southern completed a miraculous turnaround by winning 10 games after going 2-10.

No one has said we won 9 games and beat SC State. A win is a win. A cheap, close tomato can is plenty good for me.

I bet Florida wishes they would have scheduled SC State instead of Georgia Southern.
    Is a win really just a win and that a teams power ranking doesn't mean anything. As I said earlier why not just take 1 power P5 team for a possible win and paycheck and the rest of OOC games with weak FCS teams to boost our win loss record. If we win out against the conference teams, with maybe 1 loss to a P5 I'm sure all those wins against very weak FCS teams will impress enough to get a better bowl game than last year.

You know when we were in FCS we had to win against the true & proven best teams in the nation to win our 6 NC.

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    Is a win really just a win and that a teams power ranking doesn't mean anything. As I said earlier why not just take 1 power P5 team for a possible win and paycheck and the rest of OOC games with weak FCS teams to boost our win loss record. If we win out against the conference teams, with maybe 1 loss to a P5 I'm sure all those wins against very weak FCS teams will impress enough to get a better bowl game than last year.

You know when we were in FCS we had to win against the true & proven best teams in the nation to win our 6 NC.

Unless something has changed you can only count 1 FCS win per year towards your 6 bowl eligible wins.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Unless something has changed you can only count 1 FCS win per year towards your 6 bowl eligible wins.
    Isn't there also a rule like you can only use an FCS win 2 out of 3 years?
    Quote Originally Posted by StanMolsonMan View Post
    Because.... We're idiots.

7. Default Re: NDSUvsGSU after we rebuild

Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post
    Isn't there also a rule like you can only use an FCS win 2 out of 3 years?
    It used to be 1 out of every 4 years, which was why we were on the 4 year rotation with UGA for a while. Now you can count 1 every year.

Almost 2000 views and most of you are not TT posters and yet you have nothing to say?

I'm asking what you think. Stand up whaither you agree with me or not!
    What you are ignoring Talon is that this has nothing to do with EGO. You keep talking about not being afraid to play anyone , or anyone/anytime, or having to beat the best to be the best. You talk about power rankings and comparing us to UCF and strength of schedule. All of that is FINE for the other 11 games of the year. It has NOTHING to do with an FCS game. Guess which FCS team UCF scheduled last year.... SC State. Guess who they scheduled in 2017.... Austin Peay. 2016 = SC State again. 2015 = Furman. Boy, they sure are going after some heavyweight title matches in their FCS games.

Face it, you are on an island here. No one but you thinks that playing the best FCS team of the decade (and one that is in the conversation as one of the best of all time) is a good idea. You don't schedule your FCS game to help your strength of schedule. You schedule it for an easy win that either starts your season off slow or you schedule it in November for a breather before rivalry week and championship week.

Every team in America does that. Why do you think, with very few exceptions, we only played teams in the top tier of 1-A/FBS teams when we were still 1-AA/FCS? Toledo, Kansas, Miami(OH), Vandy, Kentucky, etc were not stupid enough to schedule a team like GS.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    What you are ignoring Talon is that this has nothing to do with EGO. You keep talking about not being afraid to play anyone , or anyone/anytime, or having to beat the best to be the best. You talk about power rankings and comparing us to UCF and strength of schedule. All of that is FINE for the other 11 games of the year. It has NOTHING to do with an FCS game. Guess which FCS team UCF scheduled last year.... SC State. Guess who they scheduled in 2017.... Austin Peay. 2016 = SC State again. 2015 = Furman. Boy, they sure are going after some heavyweight title matches in their FCS games.

Face it, you are on an island here. No one but you thinks that playing the best FCS team of the decade (and one that is in the conversation as one of the best of all time) is a good idea. You don't schedule your FCS game to help your strength of schedule. You schedule it for an easy win that either starts your season off slow or you schedule it in November for a breather before rivalry week and championship week.

Every team in America does that. Why do you think, with very few exceptions, we only played teams in the top tier of 1-A/FBS teams when we were still 1-AA/FCS? Toledo, Kansas, Miami(OH), Vandy, Kentucky, etc were not stupid enough to schedule a team like GS.
    And he's placing too much emphasis on how respected FCS USED to be, as it is no longer regarded well at all. Sure NDSU has respect, but the entire division is considered trash.

We are one of the greatest FCS teams of all time and it was considered hilarious that Florida lost to us because we were FCS. Doesn't matter that we were the better team that day....that's a game that should have never gone down that way.

It's time to leave those days behind. Schedule an easy win to count for bowl eligibility and move on.

We are limited to the Sun Belt bowl tie ins, unless we go undefeated or one loss and have some help to get in the Access Bowl conversation.

There's also chances in years that other conferences don't have enough eligible teams to fill their slots....but it would require the Sun Belt to have too many teams eligible first. We have to fill the conference slots before we can be considered for another bowl (minus the Access Bowl).

So all your posturing about getting a better bowl slot doesn't matter when you look at the reality of it. UCF beat a MEAC and an OVC team the last two years on the way to their Access Bowl slot. All that matters for the FCS game is that you win. You make your case for better positioning with your FBS games.