TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSUvsGSU after we rebuild

Default Re: NDSUvsGSU after we rebuild

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    NO AND NO! Especially a game in Fargo. Why in the world would we agree to that.
    Because NDSU is the best in FCS and would be a great G5 team & they fill there 19,500 stadium. I also think ESPN, ESPN2 or 3 would pick up 2 of the 3 games.
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

G5's and P5's don't play AT FCS stadiums, especially all the way across the country. And considering that our whole goal every year is to win games, and FCS games are supposed to be guaranteed wins, why would we play the best FCS program in the country over the last 10 years? It ain't about being scared. It's about being SMART.
    KJ - "And considering that our whole goal every year is to win games, and FCS games are supposed to be guaranteed wins, why would we play the best FCS program in the country"

Are you afraid of an FCS team? You play the best to be the best. NDSU is a G5 school playing in FCS. Our schedule would not be hurt by playing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post
    Because FBS teams don't play AT FCS teams. Period.

It's bad enough we scheduled Maine.
    NDSU is not Maine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

U afraid of the big bad bison??????

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    NDSU is not Maine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

U afraid of the big bad bison??????
    Me thinks you've completely missed the point.
    Quote Originally Posted by StanMolsonMan View Post
    Because.... We're idiots.

KJ - "And considering that our whole goal every year is to win games, and FCS games are supposed to be guaranteed wins, why would we play the best FCS program in the country"

Are you afraid of an FCS team? You play the best to be the best. NDSU is a G5 school playing in FCS. Our schedule would not be hurt by playing them.
    NO, I'm not afraid of them, but I'm not stupid either. It's no different than why we have a tough time scheduling easy P5 games. If you are paying for a win, schedule someone that's an easy win. You don't schedule DOWN and still play a tough team. Especially one half way across the country that gives you nothing positive. If we win, we were supposed to win and get nothing. If we lose, we lose to an FCS school and get crap or it. Our schedule would be hurt by losing to ANY FCS school, including NDSU. There is NOTHING to be gained by playing them.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

NO, I'm not afraid of them, but I'm not stupid either. It's no different than why we have a tough time scheduling easy P5 games. If you are paying for a win, schedule someone that's an easy win. You don't schedule DOWN and still play a tough team. Especially one half way across the country that gives you nothing positive. If we win, we were supposed to win and get nothing. If we lose, we lose to an FCS school and get crap or it. Our schedule would be hurt by losing to ANY FCS school, including NDSU. There is NOTHING to be gained by playing them.
    Yet NDSU is ranked higher than many G5 teams

Yet NDSU is ranked higher than many G5 teams
    It doesn't matter. It's still a loss to an FCS school. Thanks, but no thanks!

As the "lower" school in the uga/GS game debate, I get why uga won't play us. I don't like it, but I get it. They have absolutely nothing to gain by it. We lose, they get told they didn't beat us by enough. We win, then they lost to an instate directional school (at least that is what the rest of the uninformed masses will think). They gain nothing.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

If we lose to an FCS we don’t need, or deserve, to go bowling. Let’s beat up the big bad wolf.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

It doesn't matter. It's still a loss to an FCS school. Thanks, but no thanks!

As the "lower" school in the uga/GS game debate, I get why uga won't play us. I don't like it, but I get it. They have absolutely nothing to gain by it. We lose, they get told they didn't beat us by enough. We win, then they lost to an instate directional school (at least that is what the rest of the uninformed masses will think). They gain nothing.
    They have plenty to gain. They get another home game for peanuts, while our AD lays down without even asking for a H&H.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    They have plenty to gain. They get another home game for peanuts, while our AD lays down without even asking for a H&H.
    Bless your heart.......