AAC Bowls
    – Armed Forces Bowl vs. Big 12
    – Birmingham Bowl vs. SEC
    – Cheribundi Tart Cherry Bowl vs. Conference USA
    – Cure Bowl vs. Sun Belt
    – Frisco Bowl vs. At-Large
    – Gasparillia Bowl vs. Conference USA
    – Military Bowl vs. ACC

2017 Peach Bowl UCF (12-0, 8-0 in AAC) In this year UCF played one C- USA, 1 Big 10 an FCS team. As I remember they added the FCS team
    because a hurricane canceled the ACC GT game.
    The Knights are awesome, and they should keep being awesome even now that head coach Scott Frost has moved on to Nebraska.

Auburn (10-3, 7-1 in SEC)
    The Tigers at their best might just be the best team in the country. But in the SEC Championship game, they weren’t at their best. The 28-7 beating by Georgia is the reason why Gus Malzahn’s Auburn team isn’t in the Playoff, and instead settling for a lesser prize.

2018 - Fiesta Bowl: LSU, Central Florida - UCF was critized by the media for not having a strong enough to earn a chance at LSU in the Fiesta.

QUESTION to all - So GSU is in the tougher Eastern Division of the Sun Belt. If we won the Eastern Divesion, won against our OOC P5s and higher ranked G5s going 10 or 11 regular seson that we would be LOCKED into the above bowls even if a Higher Bowl offered it to GSU as UCF was offered?
    Those two "higher bowls" as you called them are the Access Bowl games for that year which we have already discussed. Every G5 Access Bowl participant has gotten into said access bowl while still playing a weak FCS game. All of which we have shown you multiple times. As the rules are currently written, we could do all of those things you described (win East Division, Win Sunbelt - a requirement for Access Bowl, Beat P5 team, win G5 games, win 10-11 games) and still only get one of the 5 Sunbelt tie in bowls if there were a higher ranked G5 Conf Champ.

All of this is common knowledge and has been talked about on here ad nausea. You either are not paying attention or are just continuing to troll. Every bowl except the CFP bowls and the Access Bowls have contracts with conferences and must take teams from those conferences unless there are not enough bowl eligible teams from that conference to fill their contracts out. So, no a higher bowl is not going to offer us unless it is the access bowl.

Also, UCF was only criticized by media for SOS in their attempt to get ranked high enough for the CFP top 4, NOT for the Fiesta Bowl. They were guaranteed the Access Bowl/Fiesta Bowl because they were the highest ranked G5 Conf Champ. If you think an FCS game against ANYONE would have gotten them into the top 4, then you haven't been paying attention to P5 vs G5 politics at all.
    Last edited by KJ Eagle; 25th February 2019 at 02:57 PM.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Default Re: NDSUvsGSU after we rebuild

Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post
    Actual photo of TALON (red sweater) and those who agree with him...

Attachment 1928
    and to your right is pike the QUEEN kissing a male in drag.
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

[To Kj

QUOTE=KJ Eagle;953844]Everyone ignored this stupid post the first time you sent it so you decided to post it again....?

TALON- I dont think it was a stupid thread and the reason I also posted it in the Flite Line is it has more members than TT to get a better Idea on how others felt about an NESU matchup in 2-3 years. I basicly had one person say yeas, 6 no and 4 that made the no post to ne over and over and I replied to them. With 3,600 members I was surprised that there wasn't a bigger variety of yeses and no marks with reasons why or why not.

OK, so I'll answer it for you. NO, we don't need two P5 payday games anymore. The reason we have it next year is that LSU got changed and rescheduled about 5 times. Here is our scheduling strategy as determined by our AD (just so you don't think it is only me and Pike and the other posters that apparently have more self control than me and can ignore your asinine posts) 1 P5 payday game, 1 FCS home game, 8 conference games, and 2 G5 H&H's with the best G5 teams we can get to agree to play us.

TALON - Why not 2 solid P5 not in the top 20, GSU always needs more money & 2 G5s. One of the G5s that is low ranked to start the season & a mid to high ranked G5 for our OOC games.

The goal of that strategy is to get as much as we can from the P5 payday and to win as many games as possible. The goal is wins. Nothing else matters.

TALON - I understand the wins. I also look for quality wins. If GSU can win the Eastern go 10 -2 0r even 11-1 with better OOC ranked opponents I think other bowls would be interested besides the SB tie ins. *" I ask you "Do you think that with the current HC running the Pistol Option & a sold defense that in 2 years we couldn't handle a stronger schedule"???

And to clear up a couple other misconceptions you have. Our bowl tie ins are locked by contract with the conference. Nothing will make us go to a "better" bowl other than the Access Bowl which is basically going to require an undefeated season. We are locked into the Cure, the NO, the Camellia, or the Dollar General, or the AZ. The NO signed a contract with the conference to take the conf champ. The Cure signed a contract with the conference to take the conf champ runner up. So playing NDSU or not playing NDSU has NOTHING to do with whether or not we go to those two bowls. Then the others pick from who is left. One can argue which of the Camellia or the Dollar General or the AZ are "better bowls" but it really makes no difference. They choose who they want in their games out of the remaining teams that are bowl eligible in the conference. They choose based on location, who will spend the most money in their city, and ticket sales. The DO NOT CHOOSE based on who played a tougher FCS game! We've already shown you who the previous Access Bowl participants played for their FCS games, so it's pretty clear that which FCS opponent we play has no effect on getting to the Access Bowl either.

TALON - So you're saying these SB tie in bowls have Iron Clad contracts and If GSU was ranked in the top 25 the SB couldn't send the next best SB team instead of GSU and the best bowl we could ever make is the Access Bowl? I guess if we went 12-0 I could handle that once. I also think UCF and USF should be considered for a home and home. (Sounds BAD to me!)

And as far as AAC H&H's they have to WANT to play us. We don't just walk up to them with a contract and a gun in our hands and say sign this or else. It's a two sided street. It's not for lack of trying that we are not playing them. It's because they have not agreed to play us yet.

TALON- The AAC is not yet made it to a P6 conference. They should be contacted every year and if rejected, so be it.

** PLEASE LOOK AT THE AAC TEAMS
    http://www.theamerican.org/index.aspx?path=football

What other magical benefit of playing NDSU are we leaving out that we can prove you wrong again on?[/QUOTE]

TALON- We will agree to disagre for this year on NDSU. As I posted above I think our schedule should be stronger after next year!
    **I'll give up on the NDSU game this year, but as I stated before play 2 solid P5 not in the top 20, GSU always needs more money & 2 G5s. One of the G5s that is low ranked to start the season & a mid to high ranked G5 for our OOC games.

*Is this responce good enough for the NDSU thing and scheduling?

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    Those two "higher bowls" as you called them are the Access Bowl games for that year which we have already discussed. Every G5 Access Bowl participant has gotten into said access bowl while still playing a weak FCS game. All of which we have shown you multiple times. As the rules are currently written, we could do all of those things you described (win East Division, Win Sunbelt - a requirement for Access Bowl, Beat P5 team, win G5 games, win 10-11 games) and still only get one of the 5 Sunbelt tie in bowls if there were a higher ranked G5 Conf Champ.

All of this is common knowledge and has been talked about on here ad nausea. You either are not paying attention or are just continuing to troll. Every bowl except the CFP bowls and the Access Bowls have contracts with conferences and must take teams from those conferences unless there are not enough bowl eligible teams from that conference to fill their contracts out. So, no a higher bowl is not going to offer us unless it is the access bowl.

TALON -OK

Also, UCF was only criticized by media for SOS in their attempt to get ranked high enough for the CFP top 4, NOT for the Fiesta Bowl. They were guaranteed the Access Bowl/Fiesta Bowl because they were the highest ranked G5 Conf Champ. If you think an FCS game against ANYONE would have gotten them into the top 4, then you haven't been paying attention to P5 vs G5 politics at all.

TALON -OK, got you.

TALON on UCF - 2018 - All I head on TV sports shows last year was how weak UCFs Schedule was and even at 12-0 they weren't ready to play against the BIG BOYS of the SEC.Most of the UCF fans I spoke agreed that the 2018 team was not as good as the 2017 team and were lucky to be ranked as high as they were. No UCF fan I talked to thought they should be in the final 4 in 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    [To Kj

QUOTE=KJ Eagle;953844]Everyone ignored this stupid post the first time you sent it so you decided to post it again....?

TALON- I dont think it was a stupid thread and the reason I also posted it in the Flite Line is it has more members than TT to get a better Idea on how others felt about an NESU matchup in 2-3 years. I basicly had one person say yeas, 6 no and 4 that made the no post to ne over and over and I replied to them. With 3,600 members I was surprised that there wasn't a bigger variety of yeses and no marks with reasons why or why not.

OK, so I'll answer it for you. NO, we don't need two P5 payday games anymore. The reason we have it next year is that LSU got changed and rescheduled about 5 times. Here is our scheduling strategy as determined by our AD (just so you don't think it is only me and Pike and the other posters that apparently have more self control than me and can ignore your asinine posts) 1 P5 payday game, 1 FCS home game, 8 conference games, and 2 G5 H&H's with the best G5 teams we can get to agree to play us.

TALON - Why not 2 solid P5 not in the top 20, GSU always needs more money & 2 G5s. One of the G5s that is low ranked to start the season & a mid to high ranked G5 for our OOC games.

The goal of that strategy is to get as much as we can from the P5 payday and to win as many games as possible. The goal is wins. Nothing else matters.

TALON - I understand the wins. I also look for quality wins. If GSU can win the Eastern go 10 -2 0r even 11-1 with better OOC ranked opponents I think other bowls would be interested besides the SB tie ins. *" I ask you "Do you think that with the current HC running the Pistol Option & a sold defense that in 2 years we couldn't handle a stronger schedule"???

And to clear up a couple other misconceptions you have. Our bowl tie ins are locked by contract with the conference. Nothing will make us go to a "better" bowl other than the Access Bowl which is basically going to require an undefeated season. We are locked into the Cure, the NO, the Camellia, or the Dollar General, or the AZ. The NO signed a contract with the conference to take the conf champ. The Cure signed a contract with the conference to take the conf champ runner up. So playing NDSU or not playing NDSU has NOTHING to do with whether or not we go to those two bowls. Then the others pick from who is left. One can argue which of the Camellia or the Dollar General or the AZ are "better bowls" but it really makes no difference. They choose who they want in their games out of the remaining teams that are bowl eligible in the conference. They choose based on location, who will spend the most money in their city, and ticket sales. The DO NOT CHOOSE based on who played a tougher FCS game! We've already shown you who the previous Access Bowl participants played for their FCS games, so it's pretty clear that which FCS opponent we play has no effect on getting to the Access Bowl either.

TALON - So you're saying these SB tie in bowls have Iron Clad contracts and If GSU was ranked in the top 25 the SB couldn't send the next best SB team instead of GSU and the best bowl we could ever make is the Access Bowl? I guess if we went 12-0 I could handle that once. I also think UCF and USF should be considered for a home and home. (Sounds BAD to me!)

And as far as AAC H&H's they have to WANT to play us. We don't just walk up to them with a contract and a gun in our hands and say sign this or else. It's a two sided street. It's not for lack of trying that we are not playing them. It's because they have not agreed to play us yet.

TALON- The AAC is not yet made it to a P6 conference. They should be contacted every year and if rejected, so be it.

What other magical benefit of playing NDSU are we leaving out that we can prove you wrong again on?
    TALON- We will agree to disagre for this year on NDSU. As I posted above I think our schedule should be stronger after next year!
    **I'll give up on the NDSU game this year, but as I stated before play 2 solid P5 not in the top 20, GSU always needs more money & 2 G5s. One of the G5s that is low ranked to start the season & a mid to high ranked G5 for our OOC games.

*Is this responce good enough for the NDSU thing and scheduling?[/QUOTE]

Yes, the contracts that the conference sign with the bowls REQUIRE them to take team from that conference. Just like we are tied to our 5 bowls, other conferences are tied to their bowls. The bowls cannot just invite whoever they want.

We don't need two P5s because the trade off for that second $1M is most likely a second loss. It is also going to be an away game, which makes us lose the money gained from a home game and would mean that we would only potentially have 4 or 5 home games depending on how our G5 games that year are set up. And P5's not in the Top 20 are not scheduling us except in VERY rare cases.

The AAC teams are constantly contacted, and do continually reject us. You think we should "consider" UCF and USF for a H&H? Wow, what a novel idea. Who would have ever thunk it? You are not breaking any new ground here. Do you think our AD doesn't know that an AAC team would be good to have on the schedule? Do you think every other G5 isn't attempting the same thing?

You say you are giving up on the NDSU thing (I doubt it) and then double down on asinine scheduling ideas by saying lets play 2 P5's per year. What part of wins are the only important thing do you not understand? We are a 5 year old FBS team in a conference that has had two teams spend a grand total of one week each in the Top 25 in the history of our conference. We don't need style points yet. We need wins, and as many as we can get, against whoever we can get them from. Once we start winning more and getting ranked in the top 25 consistently, then we can worry about strength of schedule and style points. No one knows or cares who Boise played to get to their big bowl wins. That should be and is our best strategy to follow.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post

*Is this responce good enough for the NDSU thing and scheduling?

KJ-Yes, the contracts that the conference sign with the bowls REQUIRE them to take team from that conference. Just like we are tied to our 5 bowls, other conferences are tied to their bowls. The bowls cannot just invite whoever they want.

KJ-We don't need two P5s because the trade off for that second $1M is most likely a second loss. It is also going to be an away game, which makes us lose the money gained from a home game and would mean that we would only potentially have 4 or 5 home games depending on how our G5 games that year are set up. And P5's not in the Top 20 are not scheduling us except in VERY rare cases.

KJ-The AAC teams are constantly contacted, and do continually reject us. You think we should "consider" UCF and USF for a H&H? Wow, what a novel idea. Who would have ever thunk it? You are not breaking any new ground here. Do you think our AD doesn't know that an AAC team would be good to have on the schedule? Do you think every other G5 isn't attempting the same thing?

TALON - I'm not breaking new ground. Many GSU fans would like to play UCF & USF again.

TALON - I'm sure you know that we have been contacting the AAC schools for a game, but I ask politely -
    ((HOW DO YOU KNOW THIS AND WHICH TEAMS WERE CONTACTED?))
    I am most interested in UCF & USF, but have the lower ranked AAC also been contacted? I think we may be able to get a home & home with both UCF and USF. The have played teams with less than 27,000 fans at away games. Other mid to low ranked AAC teams may also give us a home & home.

KJ-You say you are giving up on the NDSU thing (I doubt it) and then double down on asinine scheduling ideas by saying lets play 2 P5's per year. What part of wins are the only important thing do you not understand? We are a 5 year old FBS team in a conference that has had two teams spend a grand total of one week each in the Top 25 in the history of our conference. We don't need style points yet. We need wins, and as many as we can get, against whoever we can get them from. Once we start winning more and getting ranked in the top 25 consistently, then we can worry about strength of schedule and style points. No one knows or cares who Boise played to get to their big bowl wins. That should be and is our best strategy to follow.[/QUOTE]

TALON -I said that I would bring up the NDSU game again but not this season.

TALON - There are plenty of low ranked P5 teams that GSU could beat for a $ million. As you know in every conference you have the top 4, the mid & low levels. One mid or high ranked P5 and a low level P5. If GSU does well the next 2 years maybe getting a low level P5 would be hard to get.

** Yes the income is needed at GSU. How much money do G5s pay GSU when GSU has to travel to their stadium?

You don't think that after the next 2 seasons GSU couldn't take a mid to low level P5 and beat them? As I said pick 2 G5 teams for a home and home. one G5 at a mid to high level and 1 low level G5 instead of an FCS to start the year for a tune up with. *Remember I'm talking 2 seasons off. If GSU falls apart again over the next 2 seasons the no we dont need to upgrade the schedule.

You should give up on the NDSU thing period. It makes zero sense to pursue.

Look at our schedule in 2020. We play Boise away, FAU at home, Ole Miss, and Campbell.

That is a perfect schedule to shoot for the Access Bowl. Ole Miss is a winnable P5, Cambell is an automatic win, and FAU is a hot topic because of who their head coach is right now. We all know the deal with Boise. You go 4-0 with that OOC and you are in the driver's seat for the Access Bowl if you take care of business in conference. Ole Miss is SEC so that would be regarded as a strong win and Boise is consistently ranked and possibly could be when we play. That's a strong schedule for someone on our level and not too top heavy either.

NDSU would not help us in any way with that schedule. They are still an FCS, which counts just the same as if Boise played Campbell if we played NDSU. It would just be a win that counted toward bowl eligibility.

The calculus of college football at the FBS level is way different that it was in FCS. You've got to forget how we played the game back then. And you've got to cast off the notion that the division is given any true consideration by the college football world.

I don't like us playing 2 P5's next year but it is what it is. I'd love for us to win the conference next year and set ourselves up to be the top ranked G5 champ in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    You should give up on the NDSU thing period. It makes zero sense to pursue.

Look at our schedule in 2020. We play Boise away, FAU at home, Ole Miss, and Campbell.

That is a perfect schedule to shoot for the Access Bowl. Ole Miss is a winnable P5, Cambell is an automatic win, and FAU is a hot topic because of who their head coach is right now. We all know the deal with Boise. You go 4-0 with that OOC and you are in the driver's seat for the Access Bowl if you take care of business in conference. Ole Miss is SEC so that would be regarded as a strong win and Boise is consistently ranked and possibly could be when we play. That's a strong schedule for someone on our level and not too top heavy either.

NDSU would not help us in any way with that schedule. They are still an FCS, which counts just the same as if Boise played Campbell if we played NDSU. It would just be a win that counted toward bowl eligibility.

The calculus of college football at the FBS level is way different that it was in FCS. You've got to forget how we played the game back then. And you've got to cast off the notion that the division is given any true consideration by the college football world.

I don't like us playing 2 P5's next year but it is what it is. I'd love for us to win the conference next year and set ourselves up to be the top ranked G5 champ in 2020.
    Like I said to KJ, I'm looking ahead for 2 seasons down the road. After GSU makes the Pistol Option a scoring machine again & our defense keeps getting better. There is no reason for GSU not to win against a low level P5 team, if we can get that game. We took GT & Carolina to there limits and forced Georgia into overtime. If our new HC, staff and new recruits keep on improving we should be able to beat a mid to low level P5 and the same with 2 G5s in a home and home. GSU makes money and WINS!

I dont mind playing Minnesota much but also playing LSU in the same season worries me after a first year comeback. Again I'm talking an up grade 2 seasons from now after seen improvement .

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    Like I said to KJ, I'm looking ahead for 2 seasons down the road. After GSU makes the Pistol Option a scoring machine again & our defense keeps getting better. There is no reason for GSU not to win against a low level P5 team, if we can get that game. We took GT & Carolina to there limits and forced Georgia into overtime. If our new HC, staff and new recruits keep on improving we should be able to beat a mid to low level P5 and the same with 2 G5s in a home and home. GSU makes money and WINS!

I dont mind playing Minnesota much but also playing LSU in the same season worries me after a first year comeback. Again I'm talking an up grade 2 seasons from now after seen improvement .
    And what I described in my previous post is that upgrade you're looking for. 2020 is the year to make noise. The schedule is setup for it.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    And what I described in my previous post is that upgrade you're looking for. 2020 is the year to make noise. The schedule is setup for it.

As is the roster
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.