TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSUvsGSU after we rebuild

Default Re: NDSUvsGSU after we rebuild

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    Its not a one man band as you and 3 others keep posting. Go to the Flite Line and hang out with SOME of those with short of vision & a lack luster intellect.
    I find it ironic that you started this discussion/thread and then used “lack luster intelligence “ when mentioning others. Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    An FCS team is an FCS team. That's all anyone sees. If we play an FCS team, we get a W and that matters at the end of the year.

FCS does not matter to college football. Go look up how many people watched the last title game....it'll be less than the lowest ranked bowl game I would imagine. And that was for a team set to make history....if NDSU is so well respected, why wasn't it more?

Hell I wouldn't have known what time the game was on if I didn't look for it specifically. There wasn't even any ads for it on ESPN, the network that was broadcasting it. FCS is an afterthought, stop making them into something they aren't.
    You mean like all the games on ESPN3 that GSU plays. When Erk restarted football from nothing Played for 4 NCs winning 3 that means nothing to you? When Jonson was in the playoffs all 5 years he was at Southern playing for 3 NCs winning 2 that means nothing to you? When we beat SEC Florida as an FCS team that means nothing to you!

I'm sorry your Elitist view of our FCS history means nothing to you or KJ.
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSanders View Post
    I find it ironic that you started this discussion/thread and then used “lack luster intelligence “ when mentioning others. Ha!
    Sanders not all the GSU posters on the Flite Line don't have "Lack Luster intelligence" just a few of you.

You mean like all the games on ESPN3 that GSU plays. When Erk restarted football from nothing Played for 4 NCs winning 3 that means nothing to you? When Jonson was in the playoffs all 5 years he was at Southern playing for 3 NCs winning 2 that means nothing to you? When we beat SEC Florida as an FCS team that means nothing to you!

I'm sorry your Elitist view of our FCS history means nothing to you or KJ.
    It has nothing to do with elitist, and everything to do with reality. The only people that care about FCS are the ones in FCS. It was the same thing when we were there. We care about our FCS history, because it is OUR history. No one outside of FCS cares about it. If you are so right, show me ANY G5 team that has played NDSU and how their rankings have been significantly improved by playing them. Hell, have any G5 teams even played NDSU? If it's such a no brainer, you would think they would be beating G5 teams off with a stick, right. G5's should be lining up outside the Fargo dome to talk with their AD.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    It has nothing to do with elitist, and everything to do with reality. The only people that care about FCS are the ones in FCS. It was the same thing when we were there. We care about our FCS history, because it is OUR history. No one outside of FCS cares about it. If you are so right, show me ANY G5 team that has played NDSU and how their rankings have been significantly improved by playing them. Hell, have any G5 teams even played NDSU? If it's such a no brainer, you would think they would be beating G5 teams off with a stick, right. G5's should be lining up outside the Fargo dome to talk with their AD.
    SBNATION

Right now, NDSU is No. 19 in the all-DI Sagarin ratings, which cover 255 teams across FBS and FCS. That doesn’t include what will likely be a minor post-championship adjustment.

Beating the big boys
    North Dakota State, the five-time defending Football Championship Subdivision titlist, ran its winning streak against teams from Football Bowl Subdivision to six games with its victory at Iowa. And five of those victories came against teams from Power Five conferences. A look at the streak:

ALSO- these teams cared!

https://herosports.com/college-footb...regon-colorado

SBNATION

Right now, NDSU is No. 19 in the all-DI Sagarin ratings, which cover 255 teams across FBS and FCS. That doesn’t include what will likely be a minor post-championship adjustment.

Beating the big boys
    North Dakota State, the five-time defending Football Championship Subdivision titlist, ran its winning streak against teams from Football Bowl Subdivision to six games with its victory at Iowa. And five of those victories came against teams from Power Five conferences. A look at the streak:

ALSO- these teams cared!

You’re making a great case for the argument that NDSU is good. Unfortunately, no one here is arguing about that question, and it all adds support for the argument that we shouldn’t schedule them.

Also unfortunately, in the eyes of every observer that matters relative to us getting any subjective or objective ‘juice’ out of beating them, they may be No. 19 . . . but it’s No. 19 with a big, bold implied asterisk that refers to an implied note below that says “FCS-doesn’t count”. It’s just the way it is.
    Ever devoted to the twin causes of reason and justice . . . ever at risk of waxing verbose

SBNATION

Beating the big boys

ALSO- these teams cared!

I'm still waiting to hear someone from the CFP talking about how playing a strong FCS team helps a team for postseason consideration.

SBNATION

Beating the big boys

ALSO- these teams cared!

No one has said that they are not good. Quite the contrary actually. I noticed you ignored my question about any other G5 teams that have played them. You showing an article about P5 teams that have lost to them actually doesn't help your point at all. Just the opposite, it adds credence to ours that playing them is a stupid idea. Maybe those teams should have "cared" a little more about who they scheduled because they stupidly took a risk and it bit them in the butts. If there are any real considerations for their "#19 ranking", then why don't we ever see them ranked that high in the coaches poll, AP poll, CFP rankings or any other ranking system that are useful? Oh that's right....it's because they are an FCS team that doesn't have any affect on the important rankings that affect where we are ranked. It also shows how invalid the computer only rankings are because no one that knows anything about college football would agree that they are the 19th best team in the country.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    I'm still waiting to hear someone from the CFP talking about how playing a strong FCS team helps a team for postseason consideration.
    Have you contacted the CFP hierarchy to confirmed that? Please tell us who they are!

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    No one has said that they are not good. Quite the contrary actually. I noticed you ignored my question about any other G5 teams that have played them. You showing an article about P5 teams that have lost to them actually doesn't help your point at all. Just the opposite, it adds credence to ours that playing them is a stupid idea. Maybe those teams should have "cared" a little more about who they scheduled because they stupidly took a risk and it bit them in the butts. If there are any real considerations for their "#19 ranking", then why don't we ever see them ranked that high in the coaches poll, AP poll, CFP rankings or any other ranking system that are useful? Oh that's right....it's because they are an FCS team that doesn't have any affect on the important rankings that affect where we are ranked. It also shows how invalid the computer only rankings are because no one that knows anything about college football would agree that they are the 19th best team in the country.
    Look again, are any of these teams G5

Ball State 1-0
    Minnesota 2-1
    C. Michigan 1-0
    Wyoming 0-1
    Iowa State 1-1
    Kansas 1-0
    Colorado St 1-0
    Kansas St 1-0
    #13 Iowa 1-0

ALSO- these teams cared!