TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: GS v ULL Hoops

Default Re: GS v ULL Hoops

Poor coaching. ****ty refs. Robbed

Awful officiating but you can't let the game come down to that by playing like trash for 25-30 minutes every game. I would say we should learn from it but I've seen enough to know that we won't.

Oh, and Marlin is probably the bigger ****head than Hunter.

We can't keep digging holes, falling double digits behind and expect to keep coming back. We were 6 of 28 from "3"(21%), they were around 43%. The traveling call?, it was down at the other end but it didn't look like a travel. FG% was about the same for each team. We got beat at 3's and the foul line. Starting to get frustrating when you know if we play both halves like we play the second, we can beat anyone in SB. First have we just don't come out with that killer instinct.

Just a terrible first half. Poor shooting. 30% (2) and 10% from 3 on your own court?

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    We can't keep digging holes, falling double digits behind and expect to keep coming back. We were 6 of 28 from "3"(21%), they were around 43%. The traveling call?, it was down at the other end but it didn't look like a travel. FG% was about the same for each team. We got beat at 3's and the foul line. Starting to get frustrating when you know if we play both halves like we play the second, we can beat anyone in SB. First have we just don't come out with that killer instinct.
    I don't expect good officiating on weekend games, however that foul call on Wishart was especially chicken****. After their #35 drew his 4th foul in a questionable call they were not going to let him foul out for anything.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

REgardling football Scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Eagles_Cliff View Post
    Just a terrible first half. Poor shooting. 30% (2) and 10% from 3 on your own court?
    I think it was 37 and 17% but your making a good point, we just don't come out with the needed intensity in 1st halves. We were up 7-1 to start game and while I know basketball is a game of "runs", we end up firing up 3's, stop pounding the ball inside and let teams back in it. We better pretty soon learn to put 2 halves together, when we start doing that, like I said, we can beat any SB team including GagSt.

The “if we play two great halves we can beat anyone” is getting a little stale. Any team in the conference can say the exact same thing.

One thing we do know is that we can’t play two great halves. So, we need to do some serious adjusting. Weather that is a lineup shift, an entire different shift in the way we play.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Down 17 in the second half but didnít throw in the towel. Defensive intensity really picked it up down the stretch and got us back in the game. Just couldnít finish it. Yes, Q travelled and he knew it. All he had to do was flip the ball to McCadden wide open at basket for the easy 2 and we take the lead. But, I will say that UL deserved to win. They hit All their free throws down the stretch, made a clutch 3 and did enough to pick up the win. Disappointing loss but this is a good team. We canít continue to shoot from 3 like we have. These guys are better than that. None of the 3s taken were poor shots. They were wide open on them and couldnít knock them down. UL shot the ball much better against us than against GagState and thatís why they beat us and lost to them. A lot of parity in this league. Going to be interesting season. The crowd was great tonight and really got into the game as the comeback was made. Fun time. BTW, I like the video boards and general atmosphere of Hanner this year. Even though I have season tickets this is my first game this year. Looking forward to 2 weekends playing the Texas schools. No weak sisters in this conference, maybe App, but anybody can beat anybody this year.

Just a bit unhappy, I thought we would be on a won/loss collision course with GagState at this time in the season. While guys get open for "3's", the fact is we are a poor "3" shooting team. We are much better when we slash to the rim but one of our best at this is injured. When we slash and Glenn is there to follow a miss, that is when we are the most dynamic. you are correct, ULL shot more "3's"/shot higher % than us. They also hit foul shots at a high % and we didn't.

At what point is it no longer ďOpponent was just on fire from threeĒ?

Eventually we have to accept that maybe we just donít defend well.