TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Eagles vs ULM

Default Re: Eagles vs ULM

Wow

I was in the gym watching it on the iPad and screamed a few expletives that got some dirty looks. Don’t even care cause that was a heck of a win.

I couldn’t stomach the thought of losing after watching Fox 5 Atlanta talk about Georgia State all day and about how they’re marketing themselves as the best team in Georgia

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    Big time finish for Eagles! Great job by Tookie getting the ball to Q and he nails the bucket. That is a very good team we beat. Great win for coach B number 100! Looking forward to being in Hanner on Saturday. See you there!
    leeman, you might be old enough to remember the old Boston Celtic announcer Johnny Most(I think I spelled last name wrong) but this is how he would have called it, "ball into Tookie, their double teaming, Tookie to Quan in the corner SHOT..."BANG!" Eagles win, Eagles win."

"Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

REgardling football Scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglepride87 View Post
    Wow....what a gutsy come from behind win.
    14 points down at one time in 2nd half. Man, we would get close and either just miss a shot or have a turnover but we just kept at it. Crowley kept it somewhat close with his 3's(I told you he has a sweet shot from 3). Wishart just one hard nosed kid. Glenn is huge for us, my word we need him, we are a totally different team when he's banging inside and getting offensive rebounds. Tookie bounced back and really looked like the Tookie of old. Big one coming up Saturday got to "protect this house"/get the home win.

Quan!

Crowley: Double/Double: 17points/12rebounds.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    14 points down at one time in 2nd half. Man, we would get close and either just miss a shot or have a turnover but we just kept at it. Crowley kept it somewhat close with his 3's(I told you he has a sweet shot from 3). Wishart just one hard nosed kid. Glenn is huge for us, my word we need him, we are a totally different team when he's banging inside and getting offensive rebounds. Tookie bounced back and really looked like the Tookie of old. Big one coming up Saturday got to "protect this house"/get the home win.
    Glenn being back was huge. Like you said we would claw back into the game and then shoot ourselves in the foot. Good to see us close out a win. Tookie was huge down the stretch (other than the careless turnover)

Great game Eagles! Quan’s 3 is all over SportsCenter

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    leeman, you might be old enough to remember the old Boston Celtic announcer Johnny Most(I think I spelled last name wrong) but this is how he would have called it, "ball into Tookie, their double teaming, Tookie to Quan in the corner SHOT..."BANG!" Eagles win, Eagles win."
    Danny did a great call but I would love to have heard Nate finish that one. I still remember the excitement when Hightower hit the buzzer beater in the old TAAC days to send us to the NCAA’s. Fun times. I will make my first game of the year Saturday. Been really busy and Tues night games don’t work for me. Had to work late last night so didn’t make the game even though I planned to be there. See you then Garns. Another tough game coming up. Both Louisiana schools are really good. Lots of parity in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    Danny did a great call but I would love to have heard Nate finish that one. I still remember the excitement when Hightower hit the buzzer beater in the old TAAC days to send us to the NCAA’s. Fun times. I will make my first game of the year Saturday. Been really busy and Tues night games don’t work for me. Had to work late last night so didn’t make the game even though I planned to be there. See you then Garns. Another tough game coming up. Both Louisiana schools are really good. Lots of parity in the league.
    cant take anyone for granted that's for sure. Like Quan said "if we play lock down defense our offense can score quick". No matter what, they are a pretty exciting team to watch play. Tookie was more like it last night 10-19 from the floor. His attempted dunk last night, I thought he was pushed from behind but the ref didn't see it that way. Of Glenn's 6 rebounds, 5 were offensive. He is a huge part of this offense/2nd chance points. See you Saturday........SHOWTIME!