TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any baseball updates?

Default Re: Any baseball updates?

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    or we could go 17-39 and call ourselves Appy.
    Agreed. Most years we are good enough to be relevant and scare a few good teams, but not good enough to make a run in the post-season. Until we decide to spend more money on baseball, I would rather be us than an Appy type program that is just plain lost.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    Agreed. Most years we are good enough to be relevant and scare a few good teams, but not good enough to make a run in the post-season. Until we decide to spend more money on baseball, I would rather be us than an Appy type program that is just plain lost.
    Seeing a G5 program making a deep run in the playoffs is getting harder and harder. I think that's why a lot of people pull for them when their "making noise" in playoffs. Like in basketball, a Cinderella story, like CCU a few years ago.

It's easier in baseball than basketball. The power 5 doesn't mean the same in baseball. The Big West is better than the Big 10. The Sun Belt should put at least 2 if not 3 in the tournament every year.

Easier wasn't the right word but my point is in baseball the Sun Belt may not be top 5, but should always be top 10 which makes an at large more likely than in basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by neville View Post
    It's easier in baseball than basketball. The power 5 doesn't mean the same in baseball. The Big West is better than the Big 10. The Sun Belt should put at least 2 if not 3 in the tournament every year.
    Some smaller conferences are powerhouses in baseball, but the last few years have seen an overwhelming swing towards favoring P5 teams - even more than in basketball in some years.

I'm not sold on our chances to compete for a Sun Belt title this season, but even the usually strong Sun Belt is getting shafted. Any team that isn't on pace for 43-45 wins (40 isn't going to do it anymore) might as well mail in the last month and try to get every arm and bat healthy for the conference tournament.

Meanwhile, at least a handful of ACC and SEC teams will make a regional despite not technically even sponsoring baseball as a varsity sport.
    The thoughts and opinions discussed in this post are property of CC Eagle and should not be redistributed or retransmitted without the express written consent of Major League Baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    What money do you want them to spend?

Quote Originally Posted by ChadWC View Post
    What money do you want them to spend?
    And spent on what, specifically?

This is where we are at with baseball now. Comparing ourselves to one of the worst programs historically in Appy, and making excuses about not getting at larges.

We have not even come close to warranting an at large in forever, so that excuse has no bearing. If we win 40 and get left out, then we can start that excuse.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Quote Originally Posted by CC Eagle View Post
    Some smaller conferences are powerhouses in baseball, but the last few years have seen an overwhelming swing towards favoring P5 teams - even more than in basketball in some years.

I'm not sold on our chances to compete for a Sun Belt title this season, but even the usually strong Sun Belt is getting shafted. Any team that isn't on pace for 43-45 wins (40 isn't going to do it anymore) might as well mail in the last month and try to get every arm and bat healthy for the conference tournament.

Meanwhile, at least a handful of ACC and SEC teams will make a regional despite not technically even sponsoring baseball as a varsity sport.
    BINGO! And more bingo. Regarding baseball,post of the year. P5 corruption of NCAA D1 baseball at it's finest. Crummy P5 Conferance teams getting bids over deserving G5 conference teams. That has been the trend and I'm almost certain it will continue and get worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    This is where we are at with baseball now. Comparing ourselves to one of the worst programs historically in Appy, and making excuses about not getting at larges.

We have not even come close to warranting an at large in forever, so that excuse has no bearing. If we win 40 and get left out, then we can start that excuse.
    What decade are you living in?, it's 2019 not 1969 or 79.