TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Chad Lunsford our Dabo Swinney?

Default Re: Is Chad Lunsford our Dabo Swinney?

Quote Originally Posted by GaSou93 View Post
    I think the constant "merry-go-round" of coordinators at Bama finally caught up with them Monday night. They got out-coached and out-played. Eventually, when you keep losing coordinators, etc. you're gonna find a dud.
    I wouldn't worry to much about Bama. Even in the loss they had more offensive yardage than Clemson. Bama's OC taking head coaching job at Maryland. Saban will find a decent OC and with that truck load of talent they will be back next year for "round 5".

Coach Lunsford is Coach Lunsford. I guess you can compare his style, but comparisons between two people are always superficial.

He did a great job in 2018, and hopefully he’s not reached his ceiling yet.

Out of everything he’s done so far, I’m as impressed with his patience in hiring coaches and recruiting after 2017 as anything else. He inherited a mess, but took his time to get the right guys to turn things around.

He’s got a LONG way to go before we can compare his accomplishments to Dabo’s.
    The Cliffs of Insanity
    #newsflash
    www.247sports.com/porkchopratings

3. Default Re: Is Chad Lunsford our Dabo Swinney?

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    I think there's a difference between saying he's the next Dabo Swinney and he's "our" Dabo Swinney. You can't expect Lunsford to accomplish what Dabo has accomplished while he's at GS, but Lunsford has done an excellent job so far at our level.

Quote Originally Posted by GaSou93 View Post
    I think the constant "merry-go-round" of coordinators at Bama finally caught up with them Monday night. They got out-coached and out-played. Eventually, when you keep losing coordinators, etc. you're gonna find a dud.
    Didn't Kiffin leave after the regular season, and Sark called plays just a few years ago in the title game? Also did they win that year or not? You're buying too much into the media trying to create ratings. Alabama pretty much destroyed everyone outside Georgia and Clemson. Yes they were tied at half with Citadel but ended up blowing them out. There is a reason these 2 teams have faced each other 4 years in a row. The issue isn't that Bama is down, it's that Clemson has rised to their level. They finally have a peer.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Well main difference is that Dabo Swinney is a fraud and a snake oil salesmen.

Clemson is cheating. Dabo's whole "All in/Jesus is the way" schtick is just icing on top.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post

Clemson is cheating. Dabo's whole "All in/Jesus is the way" schtick is just icing on top.
    Were you touched by a priest or just jealous that you weren't?
    Wait, maybe the yiddish is a clue....

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post

Spotted the South Carolina fan.

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post

I'm not anointing him the next legendary coach, JSYK. I was just comparing their apparent management styles and giving a reason I've got hope for the future (besides the obvious).

I'm not saying he's some stolid robot, either. I was just suggesting he seems to make a point to try and be more businesslike on camera while Dabo seems to have that 16-year-old-that-just-got-a-car-for-his-birthday demeanor on camera (not saying there's anything wrong with that).
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Any HC that performs a elbow drop after each win is in his own unique "space" among FBS HC's. So no, other than being promoted from interim HC to HC I don't see that many similarities.