TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 43

Thread: Watching Feista Bowl, LSU vs UCF

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Decatur, GA
    Posts
    43,746

    Default Re: Watching Feista Bowl, LSU vs UCF

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Unless Werts gets suspended or hurt for the game, I bet money they won't beat us by 40+.
    So if we lose 50-14 it's not a beat down?
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Snellville, GA
    Posts
    7,624

    Default Re: Watching Feista Bowl, LSU vs UCF

    Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    LSU is not an unbeatable team by any stretch. They finally had a good QB for one season that was Ohio States fourth stringer. Next year that is a weak position again for them.
    You mean next year when Burrows is a Senior. Unless he goes pro, he's back next year.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

  3. Default Re: Watching Feista Bowl, LSU vs UCF

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Unless Werts gets suspended or hurt for the game, I bet money they won't beat us by 40+.
    I would agree with you if it wasn’t the first game of the season, but a money game in week 1 is not an advantage for us.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Evans, GA
    Posts
    16,521

    Default Re: Watching Feista Bowl, LSU vs UCF

    LSU will be the best team we play all year, but as usual, we give teams like this way too much credit. They were in a 4th quarter game with La Tech this year. The year before they lost to Troy. They are a great program but predictions of 40 point beatdowns have rarely come true in our history.

    I'll always remember when we played Alabama, and people were betting stupid stuff like would we cross midfield or would we even have a 4 minute drive. We took care of all of those statements on the opening series.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    In a van down by the river.
    Posts
    12,596

    Default Re: Watching Feista Bowl, LSU vs UCF

    Quote Originally Posted by Walt3412 View Post
    LSU will be the best team we play all year, but as usual, we give teams like this way too much credit. They were in a 4th quarter game with La Tech this year. The year before they lost to Troy. They are a great program but predictions of 40 point beatdowns have rarely come true in our history.

    I'll always remember when we played Alabama, and people were betting stupid stuff like would we cross midfield or would we even have a 4 minute drive. We took care of all of those statements on the opening series.
    I remember my confidence level going into the WVU game. I was certain we'd give them a game and really thought we could beat them. They were a bad match up for us but they were also on a very specific mission. Obviously, it all depends on what LSU team shows up. If they overlook us, they could be in trouble. I do not think that will happen.
    Last edited by Pike51; 3rd January 2019 at 08:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by StanMolsonMan View Post
    Because.... We're idiots.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Posts
    25,610

    Default Re: Watching Feista Bowl, LSU vs UCF

    Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post
    I remember my confidence level going into the WVU game. I was certain we'd give them a game and really thought we could beat them. They were a bad match up for us but they were also on a very specific mission. Obviously, it all depends on what LSU team shows up. If they overlook us, they could be in trouble. I do not think that will happen.
    We also had wholesale changes in the OL in that first game and Ellison was suspended so Upshaw got his first start.

    There were several plays that could have changed the complexion of that game, at least early on, if blocks had been made instead of whiffed. Those issues were cleaned up a week later when we housed WMU.

    So yea, WVU was ready and had a great plan....but we played well enough to do something if we had played a bit more clean. Also remember the game was only 16-0 at halftime. It was still well within reach.


  7. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    In a van down by the river.
    Posts
    12,596

    Default Re: Watching Feista Bowl, LSU vs UCF

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    We also had wholesale changes in the OL in that first game and Ellison was suspended so Upshaw got his first start.

    There were several plays that could have changed the complexion of that game, at least early on, if blocks had been made instead of whiffed. Those issues were cleaned up a week later when we housed WMU.

    So yea, WVU was ready and had a great plan....but we played well enough to do something if we had played a bit more clean. Also remember the game was only 16-0 at halftime. It was still well within reach.
    The play that I remember was Upshaw on an option left, he turned it up into wide open field from around our own 35 or 40 and his feet just went out from under him. Had he stayed up, it was a guaranteed TD. That play seemed to define the game for us... but make no mistake. WVU handled us and they could have thrown all over us that entire game. Sure, we could have been more respectable, but that game was never close.
    Quote Originally Posted by StanMolsonMan View Post
    Because.... We're idiots.

  8. Default Re: Watching Feista Bowl, LSU vs UCF

    Quote Originally Posted by Walt3412 View Post
    LSU will be the best team we play all year, but as usual, we give teams like this way too much credit. They were in a 4th quarter game with La Tech this year. The year before they lost to Troy. They are a great program but predictions of 40 point beatdowns have rarely come true in our history.

    I'll always remember when we played Alabama, and people were betting stupid stuff like would we cross midfield or would we even have a 4 minute drive. We took care of all of those statements on the opening series.
    Shoot Alabama shat on LSU this year and they were tied with THE CITADEL for a half.

  9. #39

    Default Re: Watching Feista Bowl, LSU vs UCF

    LSU will not overlook us, we are coming off a 10-3 season and a bowl win. They have their QB back and a stable of running backs. Their defense will be "smash mouth". We will need to be sharp from the get go(NC State sharp). Can we hang with them ?, yes but it will be determined at the line of scrimmage both o-line and d-line. Who wins the line battle wins the game.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Reidsville, GA
    Posts
    1,361

    Default Re: Watching Feista Bowl, LSU vs UCF

    2019 LSU Football Schedule
    (subject to change; game times to be announced 6-12 days prior to kickoff)

    Aug. 31 GEORGIA SOUTHERN
    Sept. 7 at Texas
    Sept. 14 NORTHWESTERN STATE
    Sept. 21 at Vanderbilt
    This is why LSU may overlook us next year. Texas is "back," as they say on the interwebs, and look to make a run at the Big 12. They definitely have the talent to just "out-athlete" us even if they do sleepwalk into the game, but I fee like we can give them at least as much of a game as UCF did.
    Zach Towery
    Bachelor of Music 2009
    Master of Music 2012
    Reidsville, GA



Similar Threads

  1. Anyone watching App?
    By jcountry in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 18th December 2016, 05:23 PM
  2. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 3rd September 2014, 11:50 AM
  3. GSU VS APP GAME WATCHING
    By 81AUGUSTAEAGLE in forum Tailgate, Travel and Meeting Talk
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 21st October 2009, 10:18 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •