TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 43

Thread: Watching Feista Bowl, LSU vs UCF

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Posts
    25,767

    Default Re: Watching Feista Bowl, LSU vs UCF

    Quote Originally Posted by StingingEagle View Post
    The score doesn't indicate that they were outmatched. Basically too many mistakes is what I saw. Not too many P5 chances headed UCF's way after this cause nobody is going to want to schedule them
    Turnover luck influenced the score. The best UCF looked all game was their first offensive drive. They didn't do too terrible much after that.

    UCF had a -2.4 YPP differential, and before the drive they scored on in the second half that was aided by 30 yards of penalties from stupid mistakes by LSU, they had 30 total yards in the 3rd/4th quarters. They also had a lot of drives that were either 3 and outs or ended in turnovers.

    Scores can be deceptive. They're a good team, no doubt, but if you put both teams back at full strength then I think it actually looks worse.


  2. #12

    Default Re: Watching Feista Bowl, LSU vs UCF

    No chance the score is worse with Milton in there.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

  3. #13

    Default Re: Watching Feista Bowl, LSU vs UCF

    The gap between G5s and P5s has never been wider.

    We didn't have the horses to slow down ULM. We absolutely will not be able to stop LSU.

    Our offense is also completely ineffective against any P5 roster.

  4. Default Re: Watching Feista Bowl, LSU vs UCF

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Turnover luck influenced the score. The best UCF looked all game was their first offensive drive. They didn't do too terrible much after that.

    UCF had a -2.4 YPP differential, and before the drive they scored on in the second half that was aided by 30 yards of penalties from stupid mistakes by LSU, they had 30 total yards in the 3rd/4th quarters. They also had a lot of drives that were either 3 and outs or ended in turnovers.

    Scores can be deceptive. They're a good team, no doubt, but if you put both teams back at full strength then I think it actually looks worse.
    I don't know about that. The biggest compensating factor is at qb. The UCF qb missed a bunch of throws that their injured qb would have made. Not sure about the score being misleading, but if you've watched Ucf this is kinda how some of their games have gone. I do know that Ucf was an on side kick recovery away from tying or winning the game.So there is that.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Evans, GA
    Posts
    16,741

    Default Re: Watching Feista Bowl, LSU vs UCF

    LSU was the better team today. The loss of Milton finally showed up. I know the QB was under fire all day, but he had some opportunities to make plays and couldn't get it done. The one ball he threw on the money was dropped for what would have been a 75 yard TD. LSU's DL controlled the game for the most part...they have some men up front.

    We'll need to play out of our minds on defense and come up with a few big plays against them, but we have the guys to do it.

  6. #16

    Default Re: Watching Feista Bowl, LSU vs UCF

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Turnover luck influenced the score. The best UCF looked all game was their first offensive drive. They didn't do too terrible much after that.

    UCF had a -2.4 YPP differential, and before the drive they scored on in the second half that was aided by 30 yards of penalties from stupid mistakes by LSU, they had 30 total yards in the 3rd/4th quarters. They also had a lot of drives that were either 3 and outs or ended in turnovers.

    Scores can be deceptive. They're a good team, no doubt, but if you put both teams back at full strength then I think it actually looks worse.
    Again, that offense was being run by a QB who is not suited to run it. Take LSU QB out of the game and put a different style QB in their O and the same will happen. I’m not disrespecting Mack, but he was very slow at making decisions in their offense. He also was hurt by some dropped balls. But, the UCF run offense was nonexistent because the QB that knows how to run it was hurt. This was his 3rd start ever. I think the loss of Milton was bigger than the loss of any player of LSU. We’ll just have to agree to disagree but I think the calls that UCF and G5 doesn’t belong on that stage or deserves an opportunity to play in the playoffs is not right.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Posts
    25,767

    Default Re: Watching Feista Bowl, LSU vs UCF

    Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    Again, that offense was being run by a QB who is not suited to run it. Take LSU QB out of the game and put a different style QB in their O and the same will happen. I’m not disrespecting Mack, but he was very slow at making decisions in their offense. He also was hurt by some dropped balls. But, the UCF run offense was nonexistent because the QB that knows how to run it was hurt. This was his 3rd start ever. I think the loss of Milton was bigger than the loss of any player of LSU. We’ll just have to agree to disagree but I think the calls that UCF and G5 doesn’t belong on that stage or deserves an opportunity to play in the playoffs is not right.
    LSU's defense was down to 3 safeties and 2 corners.

    If you're going to replace the UCF QB, you have to put in all the players for LSU as well.

    Nowhere did I say anything about UCF not belonging on the stage. They just had a bad day, but this wasn't a great matchup for them in the first place. The problem UCF now faces is this performance coupled with the fact they turned down an offer to play UF. It doesn't help their narrative, it feeds the one you're arguing against.

    Reading the game thread on /cfb, some Mizzou fans said that UCF is starting to exhibit some of the characteristics they noticed when Heupel was at Mizzou. To me they didn't seem to play with the same discipline that they did against Auburn last year.....it's possible you're starting to see the influence from a different coach in the team. It'll be interesting to see what happens next year.


  8. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Evans, GA
    Posts
    16,741

    Default Re: Watching Feista Bowl, LSU vs UCF

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    LSU's defense was down to 3 safeties and 2 corners.

    If you're going to replace the UCF QB, you have to put in all the players for LSU as well.

    Nowhere did I say anything about UCF not belonging on the stage. They just had a bad day, but this wasn't a great matchup for them in the first place. The problem UCF now faces is this performance coupled with the fact they turned down an offer to play UF. It doesn't help their narrative, it feeds the one you're arguing against.

    Reading the game thread on /cfb, some Mizzou fans said that UCF is starting to exhibit some of the characteristics they noticed when Heupel was at Mizzou. To me they didn't seem to play with the same discipline that they did against Auburn last year.....it's possible you're starting to see the influence from a different coach in the team. It'll be interesting to see what happens next year.
    Yeah I have said before that Heupel is going to Helfrich UCF. He'll live off his predecessors for a couple of years and then things will start going downhill. Milton says he's going to come back 100% for another year though, so that would certainly help.

  9. Default Re: Watching Feista Bowl, LSU vs UCF

    -2.4, wow.. When you put it like that... Fixed the newel post!

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Turnover luck influenced the score. The best UCF looked all game was their first offensive drive. They didn't do too terrible much after that.

    UCF had a -2.4 YPP differential, and before the drive they scored on in the second half that was aided by 30 yards of penalties from stupid mistakes by LSU, they had 30 total yards in the 3rd/4th quarters. They also had a lot of drives that were either 3 and outs or ended in turnovers.

    Scores can be deceptive. They're a good team, no doubt, but if you put both teams back at full strength then I think it actually looks worse.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Posts
    25,767

    Default Re: Watching Feista Bowl, LSU vs UCF

    Quote Originally Posted by StingingEagle View Post
    -2.4, wow.. When you put it like that... Fixed the newel post!
    What they did to Auburn was impressive, and was a much better overall team performance.

    That is not the case this year, as much as people want to use UCF to argue against the playoff and all.

    They had a bad game. Doesn't take away anything they've done.

    But that type of differential is indicative of an *** beating.


Similar Threads

  1. Anyone watching App?
    By jcountry in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 18th December 2016, 05:23 PM
  2. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 3rd September 2014, 11:50 AM
  3. GSU VS APP GAME WATCHING
    By 81AUGUSTAEAGLE in forum Tailgate, Travel and Meeting Talk
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 21st October 2009, 10:18 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •