1. Default Re: Men's Hoops @ Dayton

They said the attendance was around 13k that's impressive

Default Re: Men's Hoops @ Dayton

Quote Originally Posted by Walt3412 View Post
    Unbelievable no call on Quan!
    Exactly.
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

No Ike. No Glenn. Toppin for Dayton is a monster.

4. Default Re: Men's Hoops @ Dayton

Yeah there were only a few empty seats in the student section. This is their only real sport. They play FCS in the Dayton Public Schools football stadium

5. Default Re: Men's Hoops @ Dayton

We played a legit OOC schedule this year. Should be beneficial for league play. I'd love to finally get back to the big dance. I remember my eighth grade teacher let us watch the last tournament game during school. I'm about to turn 41........

Quote Originally Posted by Walt3412 View Post
    Tough loss. I hate to squander those performances by Jones and Jackson when I feel we could have pulled that one out in a very tough place to play. I feel if we had everyone healthy we win that one, if for no other reason than a little more presence inside.
    "A little more presence inside", AMEN! They killed us in the paint. Proud of kids, they could have folded and they didn't.

Dayton is a legit team. They came in at 8-5 with losses to UVA (11-0), Oklahoma (11-1), Miss. St. (12-1), Auburn (11-2), and Tulsa (10-3). Without Ike and Montae I think we did well. Hate that we lost, but this was a strong effort against a very good team.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...meId=401085602

Very impressive stats. MGlenn didn’t play due to injury, Ike is out but Carter and Dawson picked up the slack and DLJ playedgreat off the bench. Can’t ask for much more than those stats in the road.

One thing that we have done very well is getting out and running even after a made basket. This is when we are at our best. UNC does this better than anyone and I love it as it's a chance to catch teams feeling good about themselves. It's also a good way to try to score before they get set, which is good for us against these teams trying to zone us.

We lost this game for a few reasons - We have no clue what to do when teams zone us
    We give up easy baskets one teams adjust to our trap (play full court man to man instead)
    Dayton created miss matches because of our switching man to man defense.
    We played a very good OOC schedule and it should help us in conference play. We need to get healthy. If we get 100% healthy, only coaching will keep us from winning the Sunbelt and making the dance. It's time for CB to step up his game!