TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: FBS Stadium Game Day Atmosphre Rankings

  1. #1

    Default FBS Stadium Game Day Atmosphre Rankings

    Saw this link elsewhere and read the article to find Stadium Journey ranks the prettiest little stadium in America number 16 in overall game day atmosphere for FBS schools. Paulson is ranked highest in the Sunbelt....higher than Turner Field, Bobby Dodd, and the Sanford cesspool.

    https://stadiumjourney.com/news/stad...dium-rankings/

  2. #2

    Default Re: FBS Stadium Game Day Atmosphre Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by gwinnetteagle88 View Post
    Saw this link elsewhere and read the article to find Stadium Journey ranks the prettiest little stadium in America number 16 in overall game day atmosphere for FBS schools. Paulson is ranked highest in the Sunbelt....higher than Turner Field, Bobby Dodd, and the Sanford cesspool.

    https://stadiumjourney.com/news/stad...dium-rankings/
    Im really not surprised. A number of years ago(I've posted this before), I invited my best friend Burls down. We were still FCS, had Swope in the backfield, we're playing Wofford on Military Appreciation Day. Paratroopers flew/dropped the game ball in. Burls couldn't believe it, he was so impressed, said, "Garns, this is awesome, how college football is supposed to be".

  3. #3

    Default Re: FBS Stadium Game Day Atmosphre Rankings

    Surprised we're ranked over appy

  4. #4

    Default Re: FBS Stadium Game Day Atmosphre Rankings

    Like any other poll it depends on who does the ranking but I think our gameday experience has gotten really good. Last year adding the Howitzer and military stuff to every game. The fireworks, team entrance video, smashing the chair and the student section were really good. I thought the Ark State and App State atmosphere was as good as it has ever been in Paulson. And I have been going since the beginning of FB time. Certainly some of the playoff games and Championship game against SFU were over their top but other than those 2 games and can’t think of any better than this year. There were certainly some as good but none better imho.

  5. #5

    Default Re: FBS Stadium Game Day Atmosphre Rankings

    The Nevada-Reno game was pretty cool. I remember one of the FAMU games when they brought the marching 100, that was really good.

  6. #6

    Default Re: FBS Stadium Game Day Atmosphre Rankings

    Erik Russell?
    Rick Kinney
    Class of 1980
    Irmo, SC

  7. Default Re: FBS Stadium Game Day Atmosphre Rankings

    Seeing we were 16th and I thought “there’s no way”. Then I read how they ranked them. They gave the following categories a 1-5 ranking: food, atmosphere, neighborhood, accessibility. fan support, and ticket value.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Posts
    26,286

    Default Re: FBS Stadium Game Day Atmosphre Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    Like any other poll it depends on who does the ranking but I think our gameday experience has gotten really good. Last year adding the Howitzer and military stuff to every game. The fireworks, team entrance video, smashing the chair and the student section were really good. I thought the Ark State and App State atmosphere was as good as it has ever been in Paulson. And I have been going since the beginning of FB time. Certainly some of the playoff games and Championship game against SFU were over their top but other than those 2 games and can’t think of any better than this year. There were certainly some as good but none better imho.
    In terms of energy in the stadium, I think that was the best one I've ever been a part of.


  9. Default Re: FBS Stadium Game Day Atmosphre Rankings

    IIRC, the writer for this site makes a point to visit every FBS stadium at least once every 4-5 years. He was in Paulson for App State 2014. Great game for him to attend.

  10. #10

    Default Re: FBS Stadium Game Day Atmosphre Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Im really not surprised. A number of years ago(I've posted this before), I invited my best friend Burls down. We were still FCS, had Swope in the backfield, we're playing Wofford on Military Appreciation Day. Paratroopers flew/dropped the game ball in. Burls couldn't believe it, he was so impressed, said, "Garns, this is awesome, how college football is supposed to be".
    We had some really special games from about 2007-2012. One of my favorites was the 2010 Elon game. If every visiting fan encountered good vibes like that, our base would grow exponentially.

    We’ve got to figure out how to replicate that vibe that at the FBS level (in non-App games).
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Similar Threads

  1. Some Recruiting Rankings v Massey Rankings
    By GSU08 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 102
    Last Post: 15th February 2019, 04:27 PM
  2. FCS Game at Busch Stadium
    By GSUfanforever in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12th April 2013, 01:25 PM
  3. Roll for Staurday's FCS 1st Round Game at Paulson Stadium
    By EagleInfo in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 27th November 2010, 09:59 AM
  4. SoCon Venue Rankings: Stadium
    By charliek. in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 30th August 2010, 05:34 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 27th August 2010, 05:05 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •