TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FBS Stadium Game Day Atmosphre Rankings

Default FBS Stadium Game Day Atmosphre Rankings

Saw this link elsewhere and read the article to find Stadium Journey ranks the prettiest little stadium in America number 16 in overall game day atmosphere for FBS schools. Paulson is ranked highest in the Sunbelt....higher than Turner Field, Bobby Dodd, and the Sanford cesspool.

https://stadiumjourney.com/news/stad...dium-rankings/

Default Re: FBS Stadium Game Day Atmosphre Rankings

Quote Originally Posted by gwinnetteagle88 View Post
    Saw this link elsewhere and read the article to find Stadium Journey ranks the prettiest little stadium in America number 16 in overall game day atmosphere for FBS schools. Paulson is ranked highest in the Sunbelt....higher than Turner Field, Bobby Dodd, and the Sanford cesspool.

https://stadiumjourney.com/news/stad...dium-rankings/
    Im really not surprised. A number of years ago(I've posted this before), I invited my best friend Burls down. We were still FCS, had Swope in the backfield, we're playing Wofford on Military Appreciation Day. Paratroopers flew/dropped the game ball in. Burls couldn't believe it, he was so impressed, said, "Garns, this is awesome, how college football is supposed to be".

Surprised we're ranked over appy

Like any other poll it depends on who does the ranking but I think our gameday experience has gotten really good. Last year adding the Howitzer and military stuff to every game. The fireworks, team entrance video, smashing the chair and the student section were really good. I thought the Ark State and App State atmosphere was as good as it has ever been in Paulson. And I have been going since the beginning of FB time. Certainly some of the playoff games and Championship game against SFU were over their top but other than those 2 games and can’t think of any better than this year. There were certainly some as good but none better imho.

The Nevada-Reno game was pretty cool. I remember one of the FAMU games when they brought the marching 100, that was really good.

Erik Russell?
    Rick Kinney
    Class of 1980
    Irmo, SC

7. Default Re: FBS Stadium Game Day Atmosphre Rankings

Seeing we were 16th and I thought “there’s no way”. Then I read how they ranked them. They gave the following categories a 1-5 ranking: food, atmosphere, neighborhood, accessibility. fan support, and ticket value.

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    Like any other poll it depends on who does the ranking but I think our gameday experience has gotten really good. Last year adding the Howitzer and military stuff to every game. The fireworks, team entrance video, smashing the chair and the student section were really good. I thought the Ark State and App State atmosphere was as good as it has ever been in Paulson. And I have been going since the beginning of FB time. Certainly some of the playoff games and Championship game against SFU were over their top but other than those 2 games and can’t think of any better than this year. There were certainly some as good but none better imho.
    In terms of energy in the stadium, I think that was the best one I've ever been a part of.

9. Default Re: FBS Stadium Game Day Atmosphre Rankings

IIRC, the writer for this site makes a point to visit every FBS stadium at least once every 4-5 years. He was in Paulson for App State 2014. Great game for him to attend.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Im really not surprised. A number of years ago(I've posted this before), I invited my best friend Burls down. We were still FCS, had Swope in the backfield, we're playing Wofford on Military Appreciation Day. Paratroopers flew/dropped the game ball in. Burls couldn't believe it, he was so impressed, said, "Garns, this is awesome, how college football is supposed to be".
    We had some really special games from about 2007-2012. One of my favorites was the 2010 Elon game. If every visiting fan encountered good vibes like that, our base would grow exponentially.

We’ve got to figure out how to replicate that vibe that at the FBS level (in non-App games).
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops