TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: APP hires Ted Roof as D.C.

Default Re: APP hires Ted Roof as D.C.

Thought they’d go after Nate Woody. Although there was a report he was going to Army, I think it was retracted. Has he found a spot yet and I missed it?
    Ever devoted to the twin causes of reason and justice . . . ever at risk of waxing verbose

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    Tough for anyone to feel sorry for them when they haven't had to go through this in the last 29 years. Now they get to figure out that as a G5, you either inhale vigorously and fire your coach, or you compete for your conference every year and have your coach hired away. Welcome to the show, 'Neers.
    Yep, time for them to feel some of the pain we've had to deal with the past several years. Hell any good program that isn't at the absolute elite of P5 football has had to deal with this, they've gotten so spoiled.

This is good stuff. Congrats to Coach Roof and congrats to us! This is a great hire for GS.
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

4. Default Re: APP hires Ted Roof as D.C.

Roof has left nothing but a chorus of Hallelujahs with every school he ever left. Seems like App State went with a familiar name to make a splash, or he simply had good working relationship enough to bring him over. Puzzling hire but I'll let them figure that out while we hit mack truck holes for good gains.

5. Default Re: APP hires Ted Roof as D.C.

Wasn't Roof the same DC at GT it the games we played?

6. Default Re: APP hires Ted Roof as D.C.

Yep. He may have beaten us then but even then TS put up 24 on his defense.

Quote Originally Posted by jhbeagle View Post
    Wasn't Roof the same DC at GT it the games we played?

I'm not so excited to relish in Appy's demise. Yes, they are a rival, but also a rival in our conference that I respect. I prioritize watching the Sun Belt bowl games and am rooting heavily for any team in our conference against all others, even Gag. It feels so much better to beat an App team that is good, than to roll one that there is no doubt we should dominate. Our game this year was magical. Hopefully they don't fall that far down. Its better that Georgia Southern advance and achieve greatness with the further development among our peers than to solely evolve. We see that strength of schedule is a real thing by watching UCF. "Together we rise" isn't even a catchy slogan. Its just the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by gsufan11 View Post
    I'm not so excited to relish in Appy's demise. Yes, they are a rival, but also a rival in our conference that I respect. I prioritize watching the Sun Belt bowl games and am rooting heavily for any team in our conference against all others, even Gag. It feels so much better to beat an App team that is good, than to roll one that there is no doubt we should dominate. Our game this year was magical. Hopefully they don't fall that far down. Its better that Georgia Southern advance and achieve greatness with the further development among our peers than to solely evolve. We see that strength of schedule is a real thing by watching UCF. "Together we rise" isn't even a catchy slogan. Its just the truth.
    The actual truth is that they have beaten us like 70% of the time in the last 10-15 years and turned this nearly into a non rivalry. Let the bad times roll as we roll up about 10 wins on them and get this back into the proper alignment. The same with georgia State.
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

9. Default Re: APP hires Ted Roof as D.C.

Quote Originally Posted by GSCBBA1987 View Post
    The actual truth is that they have beaten us like 70% of the time in the last 10-15 years and turned this nearly into a non rivalry. Let the bad times roll as we roll up about 10 wins on them and get this back into the proper alignment. The same with georgia State.
    This. App has had 2 losing seasons in the past 25 years, and we are 5-10 against them in the last 15. I'll take App being down for a bit, just like we were in 2016-17.

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    This. App has had 2 losing seasons in the past 25 years, and we are 5-10 against them in the last 15. I'll take App being down for a bit, just like we were in 2016-17.
    So what rides on the victory of Arkansas State winning against Nevada tomorrow? If They win, the Sun Belt has the best bowl record among the G5. If they lose, we are probably 3rd. If we lose a strong competitor, it will have a detrimental effect on the conference as a whole. I want to beat them every year and set the records straight. But i'd rather do so by surpassing their level or greater vs them falling and the perception of our victory be discounted by their ineptitude.