TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: GS Presidential Search Update

Default Re: GS Presidential Search Update

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    So they're no longer having open forums with each of the finalists?

That is correct, the search is secret. With the reasoning being, that they believe they can get more qualified candidates if the finalists aren't publicized.

Pretty much a President of University is just a figure head who really doesn't do to much except travel, make public appearances and attempts to bring money into school. Day to day operations of school handled by Provoist(spelling error) down.

3. Default Re: GS Presidential Search Update

So they're no longer having open forums with each of the finalists?
    It's a closed search this time. They submitted a list of finalists to the BoR last week and I guess it didn't take long for the BoR to pick one.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Pretty much a President of University is just a figure head who really doesn't do to much except travel, make public appearances and attempts to bring money into school. Day to day operations of school handled by Provoist(spelling error) down.
    So the provost drives the car, but the president has to look at the map and GPS and decides where to go? Sounds like it's very important to me, and fund-raising in particular.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

REgardling football Scheduling.

5. Default Re: GS Presidential Search Update

All I know is things haven't been the same since Keel was reassigned.
    A successful program requires quality coaches. Help us keep ours.
    https://give.gseagles.com/campaign/m...llenge/c170354

So the provost drives the car, but the president has to look at the map and GPS and decides where to go? Sounds like it's very important to me, and fund-raising in particular.
    well, I think the ones looking at the map and GPS and making the decisions are...................your President needs to enjoy traveling and have a comfortable office.

7. Default Re: GS Presidential Search Update

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernPride View Post
    All I know is things haven't been the same since Keel was reassigned.
    Things have been challenging, to put it mildly, since Dr. Keel left for Augusta. This hire is absolutely critical to the future of the University. We have a new Research Designation, a huge Engineering-Research Space going in, new "satellite" campuses, a winning football team .. There are many things to get excited about in Statesboro, but if Regents makes a bad hire at the top ... .... .... .... USG can't sabotage GS just to pacify UGA wants and needs. There is too much on the line in this part of the state and if things aren't done well, it reflects on STATE leadership, not just Regents ..

I am hopeful.

Quote Originally Posted by NatureBoy View Post
    Things have been challenging, to put it mildly, since Dr. Keel left for Augusta. This hire is absolutely critical to the future of the University. We have a new Research Designation, a huge Engineering-Research Space going in, new "satellite" campuses, a winning football team .. There are many things to get excited about in Statesboro, but if Regents makes a bad hire at the top ... .... .... .... USG can't sabotage GS just to pacify UGA wants and needs. There is too much on the line in this part of the state and if things aren't done well, it reflects on STATE leadership, not just Regents ..

I am hopeful.
    curious ... really have no knowledge but did the acting president apply ? If so could be reason why a quick decision was made ?
    Duane Claxton
    Savannah Ga
    Married into Eagle Nation 1994

Quote Originally Posted by gsugt1 View Post
    curious ... really have no knowledge but did the acting president apply ? If so could be reason why a quick decision was made ?
    She did not.

10. Default Re: GS Presidential Search Update

Quote Originally Posted by gsugt1 View Post
    The interim does not have a doctorate.
    A successful program requires quality coaches. Help us keep ours.
    https://give.gseagles.com/campaign/m...llenge/c170354