TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 1112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: GS Presidential Search Update

Default Re: GS Presidential Search Update

The release states that it was discussed with students, but yet it seems MANY were caught totally off-guard by it. Now, it's possible notices were sent out and a lot of students ignored it, etc. I don't know, I'm not down in the 'Boro. But it would seem something THIS major would have had numerous open house/town hall type gatherings to present this, get feedback, etc. before just throwing it out there for an event just over 3 months away. I've seen way too many FB posts/tweets, etc. where people are saying they'll never give, come back, etc. if this holds up. I think the University has to scrap this for this year at least and flesh this out a bit more for years moving forward. This just looks really bad for the school right now.

Scott Guy
    c/o '93 - BS in Computer Science
    Cumming, Ga
    Tailgating in B31

Quote Originally Posted by GaSou93 View Post
    The release states that it was discussed with students, but yet it seems MANY were caught totally off-guard by it. Now, it's possible notices were sent out and a lot of students ignored it, etc. I don't know, I'm not down in the 'Boro. But it would seem something THIS major would have had numerous open house/town hall type gatherings to present this, get feedback, etc. before just throwing it out there for an event just over 3 months away. I've seen way too many FB posts/tweets, etc. where people are saying they'll never give, come back, etc. if this holds up. I think the University has to scrap this for this year at least and flesh this out a bit more for years moving forward. This just looks really bad for the school right now.
    dont think it's going to change, we will now being doing graduation like the majority of other LARGE universities. Trust me not all students are "up in arms" about this.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    dont think it's going to change, we will now being doing graduation like the majority of other LARGE universities. Trust me not all students are "up in arms" about this.

Whether it's the right move or not, it appears to have been rolled out late in the academic year, and in a tone deaf way. The petition against currently has over 10,200 people, so it's not "all", but a significant number.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Roger Inman View Post
    Whether it's the right move or not, it appears to have been rolled out late in the academic year, and in a tone deaf way. The petition against currently has over 10,200 people, so it's not "all", but a significant number.
    Lots of angry alums as no way we are graduating 10,000. lol The George Anne did some research. This was done by a bunch of staff with no input from anyone else it appears if I read the article correctly.

http://www.thegeorgeanne.com/news/ar...3aa9de118.html

http://www.thegeorgeanne.com/news/ar...89f823b70.html
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Lots of angry alums as no way we are graduating 10,000. lol The George Anne did some research. This was done by a bunch of staff with no input from anyone else it appears if I read the article correctly.

http://www.thegeorgeanne.com/news/ar...3aa9de118.html

http://www.thegeorgeanne.com/news/ar...89f823b70.html
    You lost me right around the bolded part.
    Ever devoted to the twin causes of reason and justice . . . ever at risk of waxing verbose

The "GEORGE ANN" Did research? That is a laugh. No more comment, or might get booted.

Sweet mother Mary, let's just get on with acting like the large university that we now are. Celebrate with family and friends and all that stuff, but if you think having your name called out for 1.25 seconds, while folks are still yelling from the last person that walked, is somehow the highlight of your college career, then you must have a pretty weak expectation of what it's all about. I loved my relatively quick graduation from GSC in 1978 at Hanner. I didn't care if it was with all the graduates of the college at that time, or where it was, I just wanted to get my diploma and get the heck on with my life. There is no "tradition" that is set in stone. Things move on. Get over it.

GRADUATING AT PAULSON IS A TRADITION AT GS!!!

Unless you graduate in December...

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    GRADUATING AT PAULSON IS A TRADITION AT GS!!!

Unless you graduate in December...
    ...Or you're a graduate student.
    Zach Towery
    Bachelor of Music 2009
    Master of Music 2012
    Reidsville, GA

Quote Originally Posted by spdrumline View Post
    ...Or you're a graduate student.
    Or graduated before +/- 1999.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive