TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 1213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: GS Presidential Search Update

Default Re: GS Presidential Search Update

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    GRADUATING AT PAULSON IS A TRADITION AT GS!!!

Unless you graduate in December...
    December graduation IS in Paulson.

WAS. There will now be NO December graduations.b That was another part of the changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Roger Inman View Post
    WAS. There will now be NO December graduations.b That was another part of the changes.
    Where's that announced?

Didn't see anything about that in the email from the school.

If this statement is factual, Ihope there is some consideration given to providing students who complete graduation requirements at the end of first semester a diploma that they can use as they present themselves to the job market. I was a December graduate (different time, different university...in a galaxy far, far away) and was able to flash my creds in order to get an immediate job. Had my school not provided me a diploma until June, I would have been extremely angry and less likely to provide future assistance to my university.

I was a summer grad due to co-op'ing and being caught in the changeover from quarters to semesters. Finished classes and started first job two weeks before graduation as summer semesters had a short and long or something. The school has a transcript at that point. BTW, didn't want to walk even as an honors grad but mom wanted to see it happen so drove down from Alpharetta after work Friday and went back Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglemark View Post
    December graduation IS in Paulson.
    Now but it’s not a long standing tradition. My Dec 2010 grad was in Hanner. My Masters grad in Dec 2012 was also in Hanner, and I’m pretty sure there were under grad ceremonies in Hanner that day too.

Quote Originally Posted by tailgating fool View Post
    If this statement is factual, Ihope there is some consideration given to providing students who complete graduation requirements at the end of first semester a diploma that they can use as they present themselves to the job market. I was a December graduate (different time, different university...in a galaxy far, far away) and was able to flash my creds in order to get an immediate job. Had my school not provided me a diploma until June, I would have been extremely angry and less likely to provide future assistance to my university.
    I don't think anyone cares about seeing your actual diploma. Whipping that out would be like trying to cash one of those giant checks a sweepstakes winner gets.

As long as your transcripts are available, and there's no reason they shouldn't be, I'm sure everyone will be fine. Heck, people go job searching pending graduation, don't they?
    Ever devoted to the twin causes of reason and justice . . . ever at risk of waxing verbose

Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post
    I don't think anyone cares about seeing your actual diploma. Whipping that out would be like trying to cash one of those giant checks a sweepstakes winner gets.

As long as your transcripts are available, and there's no reason they shouldn't be, I'm sure everyone will be fine. Heck, people go job searching pending graduation, don't they?
    Yep and I don't remember the time frame, but I graduated in the quarter system in December. I had a job offer before Christmas while still living in Statesboro for a job in Atlanta. They did a background check. The start date was sometime in January.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by yourmother View Post
    I was a summer grad due to co-op'ing and being caught in the changeover from quarters to semesters. Finished classes and started first job two weeks before graduation as summer semesters had a short and long or something. The school has a transcript at that point. BTW, didn't want to walk even as an honors grad but mom wanted to see it happen so drove down from Alpharetta after work Friday and went back Sunday.
    You and I finished that same Summer 😁
    I didn't want to walk either. I was already non-traditional at 29 and married with a 5 year old, but Mama still wanted her picture.

Must be a recent thing, because it used to be that Spring graduation was in Paulson, and December was in Hanner.