TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: GS Presidential Search Update

1. Default Re: GS Presidential Search Update

Quote Originally Posted by Nietsroob17 View Post
    I have a friend who works in admissions at UWG, and I think the general feeling is that they're really sad to see him go. Perhaps even to the level as we were when Dr. Keel went to Augusta.
    I won't be convinced until he breaks at least one bone in support of GS Athletics!

Default Re: GS Presidential Search Update

Quote Originally Posted by Nietsroob17 View Post
    I have a friend who works in admissions at UWG, and I think the general feeling is that they're really sad to see him go. Perhaps even to the level as we were when Dr. Keel went to Augusta.
    My buddy in Carrollton had much the same comments:
    Was well liked by the university and the community
    Once poked Chad Lunsford in the eye.

I live in West Georgia and my office is in Carrollton. This is a great hire for GS! I have met Dr. Marrero several times and I can tell you that he is personable, confident and humble. He is a huge cheerleader for the university and like it has been said in previous posts, he is a huge cheerleader for the university, including athletics. He does remind me of Dr. Keel and I am excited to see him lead our University!
    West Georgia Eagle
    Temple, GA
    Class of 1981

4. Default Re: GS Presidential Search Update

Quote Originally Posted by West Georgia Eagle View Post
    I live in West Georgia and my office is in Carrollton. This is a great hire for GS! I have met Dr. Marrero several times and I can tell you that he is personable, confident and humble. He is a huge cheerleader for the university and like it has been said in previous posts, he is a huge cheerleader for the university, including athletics. He does remind me of Dr. Keel and I am excited to see him lead our University!
    This makes me very excited

Looks like we got a good one!

This is what I came here to see. Great news!
    "I've seen more heat in an Easy Bake Oven, Meat!"

Carlton Stewart
    c/o 2010, CIT
    Eagle fan since 1999
    Bronze Eagle since 2011
    North Augusta, South Carolina

I grew up in the West Georgia area with deep roots in the area. This is 100% correct. He will be a phenomenal ambassador for GS academically, athletically, etc. This is a fantastic hire. Welcome to Eagle Nation, Dr. Marrero!

there is no way this is a good hire. I mean, the USG is out to screw us and is trying to hold us back, right? no way they would hire someone that is a good fit.

He was the sole finalist. Sounds like he was a no-brainer pick and the search committee and BoR basically agreed on him.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

10. Default Re: GS Presidential Search Update

Wow. Glad to hear all of the good things about the new President. If he is a Baby Keel, we gonna be good, folks.