TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 1415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: GS Presidential Search Update

Default Re: GS Presidential Search Update

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    communication?, whats that for the last year and a half?
    Touche' sir.

2. Default Re: GS Presidential Search Update

Under Marrero's *leadership* the school itself has done well. He was certainly an improvement over the previous guy...however since this is an Athletics's forum.

With some of the best facilities in all of D-II Marrero's refusal to get rid of Daryl Dickey has resulted in this.

In the entire time Daryl Dickey has been Athletic Director UWG has won a grand total of four Gulf South Championships. Our main rival Valdosta State has won 18 in the same period. Matter of fact VSU has as many national championships since 2008 as UWG has conference championships - 2 football, 1 Softball, 1 Tennis.

* - I'm not even including the two titles Hatcher won before Dean took over. I'd watch his comments/actions regarding Athletics like a hawk..err eagle if I were y'all. Good riddance, Kyle!

Quote Originally Posted by UWG Wolf View Post
    Under Marrero's *leadership* the school itself has done well. He was certainly an improvement over the previous guy...however since this is an Athletics's forum.

With some of the best facilities in all of D-II Marrero's refusal to get rid of Daryl Dickey has resulted in this.

In the entire time Daryl Dickey has been Athletic Director UWG has won a grand total of four Gulf South Championships. Our main rival Valdosta State has won 18 in the same period. Matter of fact VSU has as many national championships since 2008 as UWG has conference championships - 2 football, 1 Softball, 1 Tennis.

* - I'm not even including the two titles Hatcher won before Dean took over. I'd watch his comments/actions regarding Athletics like a hawk..err eagle if I were y'all. Good riddance, Kyle!

With Marrero's arrival in 2013 how much of this can be attributed to him? GS's challenges at the moment are more in line with his experience. Keeping out of athletics could be wise at this time. We good.

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesFlyFBS View Post
    With Marrero's arrival in 2013 how much of this can be attributed to him? GS's challenges at the moment are more in line with his experience. Keeping out of athletics could be wise at this time. We good.
    So TK unchecked is ok with you?
    "Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?... No, Who is with me?" Bluto

"We'll win one we should have lost, and lose one we should have won, surprise a OOC FBS opponent or two, win the SBC Championship and get our second bowl win" Me

5. Default Re: GS Presidential Search Update

Quote Originally Posted by GSUNCSU View Post
    TK has been unchecked since 2014

Quote Originally Posted by GSUNCSU View Post
    Yeah, that is a very frightening thought. More Tyson Summers and Dustin Wood.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

7. Default Re: GS Presidential Search Update

IDK guys.

TK clearly hosed up the TS Gore, But this current staff is legit.

Also, the athletic department has been doing a great job with trying to get weekend games, make gameday experience changes.

TK has done a lot of good stuff lately

Quote Originally Posted by UWG Wolf View Post

I know when Dickey was the coach he didn't have a clue. Like Sumers, he tried to micro manage all aspects of the team and it showed.
    "If you only do what you know you can do- you never do very much.”
    Tom Krause
    "If the plan doesn't work, then change the plan, NOT the GOAL!" Anon.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    TK has been unchecked since 2014
    Despite others hate for TK, he's got several contract renewals under 2 different bosses. So obviously he's doing something right.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    Yeah, that is a very frightening thought. More Tyson Summers and Dustin Wood.
    So we're judging the AD's performance based on whether he gets a good volleyball coach or not???
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive