TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Director of Football Operations

1. Default Re: Director of Football Operations

Quote Originally Posted by Not Roger Inman View Post
    Is the Director of Football Operations position now open?
    "Georgia Southern: Source tells FootballScoop the director of football operations position is expected to open at Georgia Southern. To indicate your interest; please email gsfootball@georgiasouthern.edu"

She hasn't been removed yet from the staff directory:

CYMONE GEORGE
    TITLE Director of Football Operations
    Joined GS: August, 2016

"Bio: Cymone George is the director of football operations for Georgia Southern. She oversees the daily administrative and operational duties within Georgia Southern’s football program, the handling of team travel, and other assorted responsibilities to ensure that the program functions smoothly and efficiently.

George is one of just eight females among all Football Bowl Subdivision schools to have the role of a DFO.

The Columbia, South Carolina, native worked with Learfield during the spring of 2016 as the coordinator for business development with Georgia Southern Sports Properties.

After working for two years as a graduate assistant working with football recruiting (2013-14), George moved into a new position for the 2015 football season as the director of on-campus recruiting for the Eagles. She organized the on-campus phase of the recruiting process as well as oversaw the daily operation of the football offices.

As an undergraduate at GS, she worked in the Athletics Marketing Office. She is a 2012 graduate of Georgia Southern."
    https://gseagles.com/staff.aspx?staff=186

Default Re: Director of Football Operations

IN many was a thankless job with I'm sure some stress, lots of behind the scenes work but you better get it right kind of job.

You are right Garns. Cymone did a heck of a job. She will be missed. Good luck to her in her position!

Quote Originally Posted by Not Roger Inman View Post
    You are right Garns. Cymone did a heck of a job. She will be missed. Good luck to her in her position!
    Where is she going?
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

Quote Originally Posted by aristocracker View Post
    "Georgia Southern: Source tells FootballScoop the director of football operations position is expected to open at Georgia Southern. To indicate your interest; please email gsfootball@georgiasouthern.edu"

She hasn't been removed yet from the staff directory:

CYMONE GEORGE
    TITLE Director of Football Operations
    Joined GS: August, 2016

"Bio: Cymone George is the director of football operations for Georgia Southern. She oversees the daily administrative and operational duties within Georgia Southern’s football program, the handling of team travel, and other assorted responsibilities to ensure that the program functions smoothly and efficiently.

George is one of just eight females among all Football Bowl Subdivision schools to have the role of a DFO.

The Columbia, South Carolina, native worked with Learfield during the spring of 2016 as the coordinator for business development with Georgia Southern Sports Properties.

After working for two years as a graduate assistant working with football recruiting (2013-14), George moved into a new position for the 2015 football season as the director of on-campus recruiting for the Eagles. She organized the on-campus phase of the recruiting process as well as oversaw the daily operation of the football offices.

As an undergraduate at GS, she worked in the Athletics Marketing Office. She is a 2012 graduate of Georgia Southern."
    https://gseagles.com/staff.aspx?staff=186
    I guess I overestimated the role in my mind a little. Absolutely no offense to Ms. George, as I’m sure she did a great job, but I imagined it to be a position requiring a good bit of career experience in management roles.

Who do the equipment, training and other auxiliary staffs report to ?
    Ever devoted to the twin causes of reason and justice . . . ever at risk of waxing verbose

Head trainer is assistant or associate AD, pretty sure she reports to TK. GATALifestyle, video, equipment either report to DFO or HC.

It's a high enough position that she was named in the lawsuit by the OC duo, but really I think the title is just a more PC title for a secretary...the type that are closer to an office manager. Back when Casanova Dorsey was operating, I wondered if she could've been the object of his affections.

Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post
    I guess I overestimated the role in my mind a little. Absolutely no offense to Ms. George, as I’m sure she did a great job, but I imagined it to be a position requiring a good bit of career experience in management roles.

Who do the equipment, training and other auxiliary staffs report to ?
    You're not necessarily wrong.

She's done a great job, but from what I remember, she was kind of thrown into the position when the previous person left or was dismissed right before the 2016 season started.

Coach has complimented her several times and said she actually provides a helpful viewpoint that coaches may not consider.

And as far as the Dorsey thing, I don't believe she was the object as someone else who is no longer at GS has already shared quite a bit of info on that.

Quote Originally Posted by yourmother View Post
    It's a high enough position that she was named in the lawsuit by the OC duo, but really I think the title is just a more PC title for a secretary...the type that are closer to an office manager. Back when Casanova Dorsey was operating, I wondered if she could've been the object of his affections.
    I don’t know how many people were named, but it’s a common strategy to cast a wide net so you have some leverage on people you may want to depose.
    Ever devoted to the twin causes of reason and justice . . . ever at risk of waxing verbose

Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post
    I don’t know how many people were named, but it’s a common strategy to cast a wide net so you have some leverage on people you may want to depose.
    https://www.savannahnow.com/news/spo...gainst-georgia