TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GoDaddy.com vs Camellia Bowl

Default GoDaddy.com vs Camellia Bowl

I enjoyed both of our two bowl games but I enjoyed the Camellia Bowl more than the GoDaddy.com Bowl. I thought the Camellia Bowl's organization, festivities and promotions were superior. The Eagle Walk in Montgomery was one of the most inspirational things I have witnessed. Outside of beating the slop out of Bowling Green, I did not think the folks in Mobile put in a good show. What say you? Compare and contrast if you so desire.
    West Georgia Eagle
    Temple, GA
    Class of 1981

Default Re: GoDaddy.com vs Camellia Bowl

Kind of hard to judge the two totally since a lot of the events were cancelled/modified due to really poor weather.

I'd like to go to the bowl in Mobile again with better weather to give it a better assessment.

Also, a lot of people drove down for the Camellia Bowl the day of. That made a big difference in the number of people there. Can't really do that comfortably in Mobile.

I liked Camellia more probably just because of the stadium, Saturday, weather. I think unpleasant weather will be a norm that time of year in Alabama. The smaller stadium made for a better experience than 20% full Mobile. Superdome, and Citrus Bowl will be less enjoyable for that reason when we eventually make those games.

Camelia was way better for us. Mobile stadium is falling apart. Only stadium I’ve ever been to that was worse is Legion field. Our tailgate lot in Montgomery was less than 1/4 mile walk to stadium. The walk to the bus in Mobile was longer. Pregame festivities were better. We could hear the announcer during the game (not at godaddy). Only pros for Mobile were a cool big ship and Danica Patrick.

Liked the stadium better in Montgomery. Bar scene and Pep Rally (even though was moved indoors) were better in Mobile.

Camellia for sure to me.

One thing for sure, the weather will be terrible in either one. It's just the norm that time of the year. Too bad there are no domed stadiums with tie ins at those sites.

Stadium wise remember USA is working on a new stadium. So in a few years it will be state of the art and updated. The Montgomery bowl site likely won't be upgraded. The seating was as terrible as advertised. Literally there was no space from your feet to the next row. You had to grope people or give them a lap dance to exit and get to the aisle. But the smaller stadium is better for a G5 bowl. Looks much better on TV than what we've seen today. The Detroit bowl had the upper deck closed. That only fills up when a local team is involved. Honestly we need to experience them all first to say which one is better. Timing wise Camelia worked out much better, not only a Saturday but a week BEFORE Christmas. Also only 2 hours from Atlanta, so lots were able to make day trips, although seems like everyone stayed.

IMO I think the Cure Bowl would have a bigger crowd due to the Disney factor.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

8. Default Re: GoDaddy.com vs Camellia Bowl

They're completely different to me. Godaddy was about finishing the job and going out on a high note. Camellia was about redemption.

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    One thing for sure, the weather will be terrible in either one. It's just the norm that time of the year. Too bad there are no domed stadiums with tie ins at those sites.

Stadium wise remember USA is working on a new stadium. So in a few years it will be state of the art and updated. The Montgomery bowl site likely won't be upgraded. The seating was as terrible as advertised. Literally there was no space from your feet to the next row. You had to grope people or give them a lap dance to exit and get to the aisle. But the smaller stadium is better for a G5 bowl. Looks much better on TV than what we've seen today. The Detroit bowl had the upper deck closed. That only fills up when a local team is involved. Honestly we need to experience them all first to say which one is better. Timing wise Camelia worked out much better, not only a Saturday but a week BEFORE Christmas. Also only 2 hours from Atlanta, so lots were able to make day trips, although seems like everyone stayed.

IMO I think the Cure Bowl would have a bigger crowd due to the Disney factor.
    Word is renovations are coming for the side of the stadium we sat on. Apparently the "home" side isn't as bad since it was renovated. The actual stands might be as bad but the facilities underneath the stands are supposedly better.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Word is renovations are coming for the side of the stadium we sat on. Apparently the "home" side isn't as bad since it was renovated. The actual stands might be as bad but the facilities underneath the stands are supposedly better.
    My seat was on the home side of the stadium and I did not see anything wrong with the facilities underneath the stands. Restrooms were clean and I did not have to wait inline to get a beer. I can not speak about the amount of room to get in and out of the stands since there were plenty of empty seats around me.
    "Once and Eagle Always and Eagle"
    Valley, Alabama
    Fan of Erk since the 70's, Eagle Scout 1978, Georgia Southern Fan since 2009