TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 33

Thread: What would it take for us and App to move to the AAC?

  1. #11

    Default Re: What would it take for us and App to move to the AAC?

    Not interested personally.

    The SunBelt just needs to raise it's profile.

  2. #12

    Default Re: What would it take for us and App to move to the AAC?

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    Not interested personally.

    The SunBelt just needs to raise it's profile.
    +1, our teams, like us, start knocking off P5's go on a UCF type run our profile will improve.

  3. #13

    Default Re: What would it take for us and App to move to the AAC?

    First, Ga St does have a better chance at AAC than we do because the USG classifies them as a research university. Ga State will benefit from the politics of Atlanta and continue to be propped up by public money and corporations will give to avoid being seen as racist or otherwise indifferent. The stadium will be developed into something bigger and better than Paulson will ever be.

    Ga Southern will not be a research university, will not have medical or law school. Our donor support will continue to be modest and will barely keep up with aging and death.

    App State has a much better donor base and much more support from their geographical area, which is also more wealthy, than GS has in the Statesboro area.

  4. #14

    Default Re: What would it take for us and App to move to the AAC?

    The perception of the Sunbelt is still lower than any other conference. I also feel like the state is preventing GS from growing more with the lack of funding and allocation of resources primarily focused on UGA and GT. We are right where they want us

  5. #15

    Default Re: What would it take for us and App to move to the AAC?

    Quote Originally Posted by kokoeagle View Post
    The perception of the Sunbelt is still lower than any other conference. I also feel like the state is preventing GS from growing more with the lack of funding and allocation of resources primarily focused on UGA and GT. We are right where they want us
    GS coming year, 10% budget cuts. But we are braking ground for new Engineering building.

  6. #16

    Default Re: What would it take for us and App to move to the AAC?

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Eagles_Cliff View Post
    First, Ga St does have a better chance at AAC than we do because the USG classifies them as a research university. Ga State will benefit from the politics of Atlanta and continue to be propped up by public money and corporations will give to avoid being seen as racist or otherwise indifferent. The stadium will be developed into something bigger and better than Paulson will ever be.

    Ga Southern will not be a research university, will not have medical or law school. Our donor support will continue to be modest and will barely keep up with aging and death.

    App State has a much better donor base and much more support from their geographical area, which is also more wealthy, than GS has in the Statesboro area.
    Pretty much a reality based post(like it or not).

  7. #17

    Default Re: What would it take for us and App to move to the AAC?

    I wish we had a serious Agriculture and Forestry School. That, along with Engineering would be great. Law and Medical would not be necessary.

  8. #18

    Default Re: What would it take for us and App to move to the AAC?

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    Not interested personally.

    The SunBelt just needs to raise it's profile.
    This

  9. Default Re: What would it take for us and App to move to the AAC?

    Quote Originally Posted by Qwikness View Post
    I wish we had a serious Agriculture and Forestry School. That, along with Engineering would be great. Law and Medical would not be necessary.
    I think a law school would be a great idea....

    Nursing was started from scratch in the mid 80s. Seems like getting that off the ground would be tougher than a law school.

    Maybe dentistry would be good also.

    I’m curious about forestry/agriculture too.... I don’t know much about those areas, but seems like it wouldn’t be hard to get something going.

    People tend to overlook the fact that we are still a very young school. Still very much in the building phase. The place was created by Erk. It simply did not exist in any sort of viable form prior to that point. It was like Gordon, and still would be that size today-if not for football. Our base of alumni is still pretty small compared to places like UGA that have been doing this for many more generations.

    No reason we shouldn’t pursue new graduate professional programs, though. It can and should be done.

  10. #20

    Default Re: What would it take for us and App to move to the AAC?

    Programs that will get corporate America involved in investing huge amount of money to GS is what is needed. Programs that can't intice these companies, while may be nice, they don't generate revenue so advance degrees in philosophy, well clap, clap, clap.

Similar Threads

  1. Possible FCS move-ups
    By SPT-bone09 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 2nd January 2015, 01:20 PM
  2. When will we move up?
    By SouthernM.D. in forum GSUFANS Hall-of-Fame Archive
    Replies: 3451
    Last Post: 30th May 2013, 09:04 PM
  3. Any changes to the TO if we move FBS?
    By The Demoralizer in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 109
    Last Post: 9th March 2013, 08:42 PM
  4. Move the BUS!
    By GSU#1 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12th December 2010, 03:28 PM
  5. Help GSU move to FBS
    By The_Eagles_Cliff in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 17th August 2009, 01:30 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •