TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: CJM Army and the Flexbone

Default Re: CJM Army and the Flexbone

Some serious sour grapes regarding Monken and Co. Y’all some kind of irrational.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    The real question is if Jeff Monken is a better coach than Paul Johnson. If it is the academic restrictions that kept Johnson from winning why is Monken not having that problem at Army.
    I feel, after watching pj for all those years, getting in players faces and going nuts on things, I feel pj didnt care much anymore. Pj did at navy exactly what monken is doing at army. I think after the big contract at tech and years of the fans complaining and probably a few arguments with the tech administrators, he cared less and less. I wouldn't say monken is better, but monken is younger and wants to take over the world, PJ was just like that as well. I am not saying pj didnt care or didnt want to win, but the last 3ish years he just didnt look like the pj of old.
    Brian Brennan
    1995 BBA Finance
    Eagle fan since 1982

Quote Originally Posted by gasouthern01 View Post
    I feel, after watching pj for all those years, getting in players faces and going nuts on things, I feel pj didnt care much anymore. Pj did at navy exactly what monken is doing at army. I think after the big contract at tech and years of the fans complaining and probably a few arguments with the tech administrators, he cared less and less. I wouldn't say monken is better, but monken is younger and wants to take over the world, PJ was just like that as well. I am not saying pj didnt care or didnt want to win, but the last 3ish years he just didnt look like the pj of old.
    I agree. I think he accepted the fact that he wasn’t going to get the players he needed at Tech to compete for the ACC championship on a regular basis.

Nah, Monken is like a well schooled son of PJ. PJ owned the flexbone.

On another note, what's it going to take for CFB fans outside our fan base to recognize the superiority of option offenses over conventional ones?

If a Power 5 AD offered Monken the HC job the backlash from the fans would be Greg Schiano at Tennessee levels, and it's too bad. Oh well, guess it just means there are fewer programs who will take our coaches.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

REgardling football Scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    On another note, what's it going to take for CFB fans outside our fan base to recognize the superiority of option offenses over conventional ones?

If a Power 5 AD offered Monken the HC job the backlash from the fans would be Greg Schiano at Tennessee levels, and it's too bad. Oh well, guess it just means there are fewer programs who will take our coaches.
    thats why I thought the Kansas job would have been perfect for Monken and for him to bring that offense. I think in a couple of years he'd have Kansas getting some respect rather than them being viewed as a dumpster fire year in and year out. If I were a Kansas football fan I'd be pretty ticked off by now.

P5's are feeders to the NFL so that's not going to happen outside places like Vandy or Indiana.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

And that is why us losing monken when we did was the biggest loss of a headcoach our program has seen. Erk was a God and did all he could, pj was 62-10 with 2 championships, he did all he could. I wanted so badly to have us running the flex moving into fbs. We all talk about what can we do to make georgia southern stand out, well running the flex is about as unique as it gets. Oh well, good luck to monken and bohannon in the future and always hope they remember their roots. Monken does for sure and even mentioned us on game day before the army navy game.
    Brian Brennan
    1995 BBA Finance
    Eagle fan since 1982

Quote Originally Posted by Geecheeriverambler View Post
    Hung 70 on Houston.

Man I miss that offense!
    You should contact UCF. They love Huston!

Both Army and Navy have done very well using the Flex T-Option.

I hope we will be consistent with the Pistol Option.
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

Quote Originally Posted by Walt3412 View Post
    Army wasn't even averaging 30 points a game until yesterday. 4 times this year they scored 21 points or less.
    But they win!
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed