TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Next year's schedule

Default Re: Next year's schedule

Quote Originally Posted by West Georgia Eagle View Post
    I was surprised when Troy beat LSU two years ago. I would also be surprised if we beat LSU in 2019; however, it could happen!
    Two years ago, that was a bad, foundering LSU team... Ed Orgeron has them cooking now. I don’t see an upset, though I’m always hopeful.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Apply and Troy have everybody coming back and really so do we. We need to keep improving, I think we get to 7-5 but anything over that will be dictated on us(how we've improved), will not depend on other teams. I think the Minnesota game could be winnable.
    I generally feel the same way about games with teams like Minnesota. But PJ Fleck is the coach and he will not underestimate us.

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    I don't see us breaking a NCAA record, but I can see how having a high turnover ratio again.
    I actually hope our turnover ratio degraded some. It could mean that we are opening up the passing game and taking more chances at stretching the field

If we beat Minnesota, I think CCL needs to dress up like Prince from Purple Rain.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Eagle View Post
    I actually hope our turnover ratio degraded some. It could mean that we are opening up the passing game and taking more chances at stretching the field
    You know, I been thinking, I'm not sure DeBesse offense is ever going to be that kind of offense that puts up 42-50 points a game. To me it looks more like a ball control, run first offense with hopefully a few explosive plays mixed in(much like we saw this season). Just because Werts is in the shot gun the majority of the snaps, we are always in the position to pass the football. With a bunch of time to practice with his recievers Werts IMO, will be even a better passer and our wideouts should show improvement. But will we look like a "play station" offense, I don't think so.

6. Default Re: Next year's schedule

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Apply and Troy have everybody coming back and really so do we. We need to keep improving, I think we get to 7-5 but anything over that will be dictated on us(how we've improved), will not depend on other teams. I think the Minnesota game could be winnable.
    I think App was the youngest team in the FBS this season. From looking at their depth chart, they will have 18 starters returning next year. Unless they just found their Summers (which is near impossible), App should be the favorite to win the conference again next year.

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    I think App was the youngest team in the FBS this season. From looking at their depth chart, they will have 18 starters returning next year. Unless they just found their Summers (which is near impossible), App should be the favorite to win the conference again next year.
    +1, they are the team to beat.

8. Default Re: Next year's schedule

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    My goodness, I didn't realize how tough it's going to be. Two P5 schools, an FCS semifinalist, and only 4 teams that had a sub .500 record this year. Road trips to App, Arkansas State, and Troy. We may be a better team next year than we were this year, but it's going to be tough for the record to show it.
    LSU, Minn, Appy, Troy are the games to be concerned about. Going by stats this year Minn struggled against the run giving up 5.22 ypc and will probably be more of the same next year. I like our chances. Appy has to replace a entire coaching staff plus what will happen with their defense. What scheme they run will be interesting. Troy will be a toss up game. Ark St we should still be undefeated against. Maine we will out athlete them. At the worse i see 8-4 regular season barring no major injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle02120624 View Post
    LSU, Minn, Appy, Troy are the games to be concerned about. Going by stats this year Minn struggled against the run giving up 5.22 ypc and will probably be more of the same next year. I like our chances. Appy has to replace a entire coaching staff plus what will happen with their defense. What scheme they run will be interesting. Troy will be a toss up game. Ark St we should still be undefeated against. Maine we will out athlete them. At the worse i see 8-4 regular season barring no major injuries.
    I see 7-5 or 8-4. If we can win 2 out of troy, appy and ark st then 8-4. Tough tough schedule as each sunbelt team is getting better and Maine isn't a slouch.
    Brian Brennan
    1995 BBA Finance
    Eagle fan since 1982

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle02120624 View Post
    I'm worried about all of them. ULM this year and Gag St the last couple years proves we are no good enough to overlook anyone and nothing is guaranteed.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive