TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Next year's schedule

1. Default Re: Next year's schedule

For 2019 record, I see us winning 5 or 6 home games ( ULL or ULM one being a toss up). On the road, I think we can beat AState, Gag and USA outright with loss to LSU while Troy, App and Minnesota are toss-ups. So worst case 8 wins and best case 10 to 11 wins. Not counting the bowl game, I would say 9-3. GS will Improve in scheme with AState breaking in the new QB and App steps back on D. Troy, ULL, App and GS fight it out for the SB Title.

Default Re: Next year's schedule

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    The sunbelt should put Troy in the west division.

Never has made much sense to have GS, App, and Troy in the same division.....

And of course, try a little bit to make it look at least a tiny bit like the refs arenít dirty. If it comes down to trying to help any opponent we ever play, those guys are waaaaay over the top.

Maybe they hate the mean words we call them. Maybe they didnít get enough hugs, but I sure have seen a LOT of crap from their officiating
    I agree with switching out Troy and USA. More balance to league. But, no telling what will happen with Texas State and ULL but both of those programs have loads of potential and I expect to be a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by JWP View Post
    So worst case 8 wins and best case 10 to 11 wins. Not counting the bowl game, I would say 9-3.
    Better to be optimistic than pessimistic. 2019 will be a difficult and challenging year. Hopefully we will be competitive and maintain our respectful playability.

4. Default Re: Next year's schedule

Quote Originally Posted by JWP View Post
    Officials definitely seem to have a predetermined plan for who they intend to win.
    They certainly have an agenda.

They absolutely do everything possible to help certain (ga state) teams.

The conference really, really, REALLY wants them to succeed. They see a dump of a stadium in a good location, and think that will one day bring big $$$$$

5. Default Re: Next year's schedule

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefan200 View Post
    Better to be optimistic than pessimistic. 2019 will be a difficult and challenging year. Hopefully we will be competitive and maintain our respectful playability.
    The last few years have definitely changed my perspective on coaching.

A terrible staff can definitely make awesome players look mediocre, and An awesome staff can turn average players into something very special,

I canít wait to see what we can do with more experience, better timing, and more complex plays.

Quote Originally Posted by blueisbetterthanpurple View Post
    On the road at App, Ark State, and Troy. Thatís a tough conference schedule. I think both Troy and Ark State are winnable on the road though. As far as Boone, you never know but I wouldnít bet on us to win that one.

LSU- loss

Minnesota- a winnable game for sure if we can improve on our 2018 season.
    I donít get why we think we can beat most mid-western P5 teams. I get being confident but Minnesota is not a cakewalk. I fall for the trap also. Itís because we donít see them play as often as we do SEC and ACC teams. We see 6-6 records and we automatically think Ďupsetí.

Weíve beaten one P5 in 40 years. I love our team and Iíll try to go to both LSU and MN games but I donít feel confident. Indiana taught me a lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Eagle View Post
    I donít get why we think we can beat most mid-western P5 teams. I get being confident but Minnesota is not a cakewalk. I fall for the trap also. Itís because we donít see them play as often as we do SEC and ACC teams. We see 6-6 records and we automatically think Ďupsetí.

Weíve beaten one P5 in 40 years. I love our team and Iíll try to go to both LSU and MN games but I donít feel confident. Indiana taught me a lesson.
    That means zilch. We've played one P5 team with a losing record ever and are 1-0. We also played scarce few non-elite Power 5s.
    Last edited by BillyBob; 29th December 2018 at 01:56 PM.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

8. Default Re: Next year's schedule

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Eagle View Post

You never know.

App, Army, Troy and others have laid down a few surprises lately.

Who would have ever thought UCF would beat both Teams in the NC?

Who the heck would have ever thought we would have beat UGA (if not for a fake whistle or a missed FG?)

I like the trajectory of this stuff long term. The more P5 experience we get, the more we will really challenge for a win.

I really like the way things are going. I like mixing it up with the big boys. We signed up for big boy football, and we will become good at it.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    That means zilch. We've played one P5 team with a losing record ever and are 1-0. We also played scarce few non-elite Power 5s.

The only two that come to mind that wouldn't be considered "elite" are Indiana, NC State, North Carolina, And Ga Tech. Am I missing any? Also, it's incredible that we've only played one with a losing record. Oh yeah, there was Oregon State in '99.

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    You never know.

App, Army, Troy and others have laid down a few surprises lately.

Who would have ever thought UCF would beat both Teams in the NC?

Who the heck would have ever thought we would have beat UGA (if not for a fake whistle or a missed FG?)

I like the trajectory of this stuff long term. The more P5 experience we get, the more we will really challenge for a win.

I really like the way things are going. I like mixing it up with the big boys. We signed up for big boy football, and we will become good at it.
    I donít disagree, I always feel like we should compete. Prior to the Summers era, I used to believe we could win those games. Except when Stowers was coaching. We never had a chance in the early 90ís against Auburn, UGA, FSU, UF or Miami. I guess Ď91 Auburn was close until the 4th quarter.

I truly felt like Monken and Fritz teams, like Johnson, could compete with any P5. I hope I feel the same about Lunsfordís teams.