TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Next year's schedule

1. Default Next year's schedule

My goodness, I didn't realize how tough it's going to be. Two P5 schools, an FCS semifinalist, and only 4 teams that had a sub .500 record this year. Road trips to App, Arkansas State, and Troy. We may be a better team next year than we were this year, but it's going to be tough for the record to show it.

2. Default Re: Next year's schedule

IDK.....

I was a pessimist about this season, but look how wrong I was.

6 home games-thatís important.

We may struggle to make a bowl, or we may have a whole wall full of smashed chairs again....

Werts is getting better all the time. He may really shine next season. (He had a couple of down games this year.... just saying..... A100% consistent werts-and consistent receivers -would be one hell of a problem for even P5s to deal with.). Combine that with a defense which is hopefully just as good, and itís On Like Donkey Kong!!

The schedule does look tough, but at the beginning of this season I donít think anyone would have taken us for 10 wins.

This staff/ players is something special. Donít count them out.

3. Default Re: Next year's schedule

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    IDK.....

I was a pessimist about this season, but look how wrong I was.

6 home games-that’s important.

We may struggle to make a bowl, or we may have a whole wall full of smashed chairs again....

Werts is getting better all the time. He may really shine next season. (He had a couple of down games this year.... just saying..... A100% consistent werts-and consistent receivers -would be one hell of a problem for even P5s to deal with.). Combine that with a defense which is hopefully just as good, and it’s On Like Donkey Kong!!

The schedule does look tough, but at the beginning of this season I don’t think anyone would have taken us for 10 wins.

This staff/ players is something special. Don’t count them out.
    I'm beyond curious about what the crop of redshirts are going to look like.

Default Re: Next year's schedule

We won’t struggle to make a bowl. We should finally get the Boone monkey off our backs. Season will come down to the Troy game.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Apply and Troy have everybody coming back and really so do we. We need to keep improving, I think we get to 7-5 but anything over that will be dictated on us(how we've improved), will not depend on other teams. I think the Minnesota game could be winnable.

6. Default Re: Next year's schedule

Doubt we can count on the turnover margins and only giving up only 5 turnovers.

Quote Originally Posted by jhbeagle View Post
    Doubt we can count on the turnover margins and only giving up only 5 turnovers.
    I don't see us breaking a NCAA record, but I can see how having a high turnover ratio again.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Very tough schedule. Pray the O line is much improved either in spite of or because of graduating 3.

I was surprised when Troy beat LSU two years ago. I would also be surprised if we beat LSU in 2019; however, it could happen!
    West Georgia Eagle
    Temple, GA
    Class of 1981

If we can get stAte early again while they're breaking in a new QB, that could help with that road contest.

Scott Guy
    c/o '93 - BS in Computer Science
    Cumming, Ga
    Tailgating in B31