TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It is well

Default It is well

Love this tradition. Somebody refresh my memory on when and how this became part of what we do.
    Ever devoted to the twin causes of reason and justice . . . ever at risk of waxing verbose

Default Re: It is well

I just really want the chorale version to come back. It's a lot better than the version we play now.

We played it at my high school too, it was the last thing we played after a game and was meant to be a peaceful way to end our performance, hence the chorale and no percussion involved at all.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    I just really want the chorale version to come back. It's a lot better than the version we play now.

We played it at my high school too, it was the last thing we played after a game and was meant to be a peaceful way to end our performance, hence the chorale and no percussion involved at all.
    yeah...the drumline is supposed to sing the vocals like ye olden days. Not this new age bullcrap.
    Screwing up networks throughout the nation.

kids these days
    Once poked Chad Lunsford in the eye.

I would guess Dr Pittman started it but could be Fallin. Monken started bringing the football team over while Southern Pride plays that and the alma mater. The football guys conduct about as well as band guys play football.

To my memory it began about the time CJM started having the team gather to sing the alma mater.

Which I love.

And I don’t have a problem with either arrangement.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEX2 View Post
    To my memory it began about the time CJM started having the team gather to sing the alma mater.

Which I love.

And I don’t have a problem with either arrangement.
    Monken started the tradition of sending the team over to sing the alma mater.

The band played "It Is Well" long before I started, I was on the drumline from 2001 - 2005.
    Screwing up networks throughout the nation.

8. Default Re: It is well

When I was in SPMB we went from playing it after every win to playing it every single game win or lose to only playing it after wins at home. I'm not sure what the rule is nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by southern edumacation View Post
    Monken started the tradition of sending the team over to sing the alma mater.

The band played "It Is Well" long before I started, I was on the drumline from 2001 - 2005.
    Thanks. Good information

Get off my lawn!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by StanMolsonMan View Post
    Because.... We're idiots.