TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1920212223 LastLast

Thread: Will we have any kind of Signings show on 19th?

Default Re: Will we have any kind of Signings show on 19th?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Eagle View Post
    I agree, he knows recruiting. But he knew recruiting with Summers as well and those seasons were awful. I know that is not CCL’s fault but I’m not giving anyone the benefit of the doubt until he can repeat their process and win with their own staff for some years.
    We stunk on the field but recruiting was good considering what was going on within the coaching staff then. In 2016, we had the #1 class in the Sunbelt. 2017 wasn't ranked as high but we signed some guys who are big time players for us already including JWKIII, Raymond Johnson, Tomarcio Reece, and Chris Harris to name a few.

I'm actually more than willing to give this staff the benefit of the doubt given the results we have seen so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Walt3412 View Post
    We stunk on the field but recruiting was good considering what was going on within the coaching staff then. In 2016, we had the #1 class in the Sunbelt. 2017 wasn't ranked as high but we signed some guys who are big time players for us already including JWKIII, Raymond Johnson, Tomarcio Reece, and Chris Harris to name a few.

I'm actually more than willing to give this staff the benefit of the doubt given the results we have seen so far.
    Yes, we got some good players. I also think we got too many guys who look great in uniform but don’t run well enough to play FBS football.

We also got some guys who “slipped through the cracks” because (1) they didn’t want to play football here (or at all in one case); and (2) were not character/citizen/student types.

We’ve lost a number of those “slipped through the cracks” players already.

When I look at the current roster, I see talent all over the place, with a few position groups that don’t have enough talent/depth.

IMO, “over-signing” Java’n Singletary type ATHs will help with building that athleticism and depth. We need 30+ Najee Ts, Jay Bowdrys, and Shai Wertses on roster.

I’d also take 10+ Logan Hunts and Randy Wades. Those guys could excel in a number of positions.
    Last edited by pete4256; 29th December 2018 at 03:51 PM.
    The Cliffs of Insanity
    #newsflash
    www.247sports.com/porkchopratings

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Yes, we got some good players. I also think we got too many guys who look great in uniform but donít run well enough to play FBS football.
    With a few unfortunate recruits not measuring up. Care to elaborate? Interested in hearing your opine.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefan200 View Post
    Well you think? His 1st full year as HC 10-3. Benefit of the doubt? Are you serious?
    Really? Are you serious. I love my team and more than anything I love my school. But letís be real, one (the first full ) season doesnít prove anything. We have both seen enough football to know that the first season is not the tell- tale season. Even next (sophomore) season is not telling. If we go 6-6 or even 8-4 does that mean we have regressed? I think if we go 6-6, we may be better in 2019 than 2018. I think CCL is a great coach, but he was to show longevity. Can he go 4-5 yrs and show that he can recruit and coach his own guys to success. The first yr success can be based off of student athletes wanting a change in direction. Can CCL sustain it? Itís a valid question. Summers has broken my trust.

Can CCL sustain it?
    One year at a time my friend. Keep the Faith. Expect the worse, especially with the difficult season next year. But hope for the best. CL has the direction we need.

One year at a time my friend. Keep the Faith. Expect the worse, especially with the difficult season next year. But hope for the best. CL has the direction we need.
    You are probably right, but I need to see it. If we can go 6-6, Iíll be happy, but 8-4 or 9-3 is high water. I hope itís possible. Iíd love to play in the Sun Belt Championship. But I just canít see it yet. I really hope Iím just wrong and my rose colored glasses stay on.

You are probably right, but I need to see it. If we can go 6-6, Iíll be happy, but 8-4 or 9-3 is high water. I hope itís possible. Iíd love to play in the Sun Belt Championship. But I just canít see it yet. I really hope Iím just wrong and my rose colored glasses stay on.
    Back to the real topic, I think our recruiting isnít that bad. I do wish we can grab a couple more P5 transfers or underrated 3 stars. I think we need a couple more ďbell cowsĒ on our roster. I think Lunsford is recruiting well. But we have keep it up.

Really? Are you serious. I love my team and more than anything I love my school. But let’s be real, one (the first full ) season doesn’t prove anything. We have both seen enough football to know that the first season is not the tell- tale season. Even next (sophomore) season is not telling. If we go 6-6 or even 8-4 does that mean we have regressed? I think if we go 6-6, we may be better in 2019 than 2018. I think CCL is a great coach, but he was to show longevity. Can he go 4-5 yrs and show that he can recruit and coach his own guys to success. The first yr success can be based off of student athletes wanting a change in direction. Can CCL sustain it? It’s a valid question. Summers has broken my trust.
    Posted 27 Oct 2016
    Why do ppl keep saying they like Summers? What has he done? I don't know the guy personally, so I can't attest to his personality. But as a coach, I don't see it.
    Posted 21 Nov 2016
    I disagree. It's not a knee-jerk reaction on Deen's part. If you go 1-7 at any point in the season, then support will waiver. I want to like CTS, but he's done absolutely nothing to garner it from me. I love GS football, and believe in it.... This is just disappointing
    You were pretty good at calling out a bad coach in his first year, but now you've seen a coach do a good job and don't want to put any faith in him.

I can understand that opinion before the season started, but the body of work for this season and how the team transformed in the offseason should be enough to think that we'll be ok.

It's quite possible we have a worse record next year and be a better team overall. This will not be a seamless rebuild (and yes we are still rebuilding) but I've seen enough to know that we have people in place to do it the RIGHT way, even if we have to take some lumps in the process.

Back to the real topic, I think our recruiting isn’t that bad. I do wish we can grab a couple more P5 transfers or underrated 3 stars. I think we need a couple more “bell cows” on our roster. I think Lunsford is recruiting well. But we have keep it up.
    We've left some scholarship slots open. We're still looking to grab some guys in Feb.

And you never know if we have another guy like JD King want to transfer here.

If we go 6-6 next year we hired the wrong coach.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low