TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 23 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will we have any kind of Signings show on 19th?

1. Default Will we have any kind of Signings show on 19th?

Or are we waiting to do that til Feb?

Default Re: Will we have any kind of Signings show on 19th?

We should be signing Wed.

The football team's Twitter account posted that Signing Day was in 48 hours, so I'd expect to see a good bit of them sign.

We were trying to get a staff in place last year.....obviously we don't have that concern this year.

Unlike other teams.

They will have a show and should sign the bulk of the commits. I expect between 12-16 to sign Wednesday.

Lunsford said on his radio show that most of the class will be signed on Wednesday and that a few would be held for February. Didn't give specific numbers, but did say that most of the class would sign on Wednesday.

I hope that isn’t the case. I’d much rather sign most in February.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    I think we'll hold back enough to pick up some really good kids in February, but if the coaches know what they want in a kid and he's willing to sign early, you do it. Don't want the ones you want to flip for some reason. CL said he was happy with where we were for Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    We have like 17 commits right now. It would make no sense to sign "most" in February.

That's some stupid Tyson Summers ****.

8. Default Re: Will we have any kind of Signings show on 19th?

Its all about half. Got to win one of them, am I right

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    We have like 17 commits right now. It would make no sense to sign "most" in February.

That's some stupid Tyson Summers ****.

This staff has had a full year to build relationships and build upon existing relationships with players and coaches. This class looks, at the surface, to be very needs driven without taking too many chances on prospects solely based on potential.

We should expect to see more players signed early than last year. Most likely, we will not have the highest rated class in SBC per recruiting service rankings.

We will be “in on” some players we never thought we would be and lose a couple we think we had secured 100%. It’s simply the way recruiting is. I hope we snag 1-2 unexpectedly awesome players that spurn P5 life for PT at GS like Shai did a couple years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by eagle95 View Post
    This staff has had a full year to build relationships and build upon existing relationships with players and coaches. This class looks, at the surface, to be very needs driven without taking too many chances on prospects solely based on potential.

We should expect to see more players signed early than last year. Most likely, we will not have the highest rated class in SBC per recruiting service rankings.

We will be “in on” some players we never thought we would be and lose a couple we think we had secured 100%. It’s simply the way recruiting is. I hope we snag 1-2 unexpectedly awesome players that spurn P5 life for PT at GS like Shai did a couple years ago.
    I think this staff has ability to coach them up. CL has shown that he knows what he is doing, I have faith in him and his process.