TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Athletics Foundation asking return of banner

Default Re: Athletics Foundation asking return of banner

For those that don't think it's a big deal, let someone come into your house and steal something work $360 and see how you like it. The bigger point is not the money. The point is that we as fans should be better than something like this.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

2. Default Re: Athletics Foundation asking return of banner

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    For those that don't think it's a big deal, let someone come into your house and steal something work $360 and see how you like it. The bigger point is not the money. The point is that we as fans should be better than something like this.
    Most of us don’t leave our front doors unlocked and unsupervised around 12k emotional fanatics running around and most of us donated money that probably went to toward the purchase of that banner, so that’s not exactely an apples to apples comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by GSCBBA1987 View Post
    While I have all four of us together again, I have a good still shot of all of us from the telecast of the bowl game that someone sent me. I showed it to 1peat during the game but from his reaction I think he may have been too drunk to realize it was a picture of him.........

It was a good atmosphere in that section!
    We're you.... Maybe.. Holding up any kind of banner in the photo?.... lol

Find the thief, cut his hands off.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Most of us don’t leave our front doors unlocked around 12k emotional fanatics running around and most of us donated money that probably went to toward the purchase of that banner, so that’s not exactely an apples to apples comparison.
    Theft is still theft, so the comparison is still a valid one. And it's still good money that someone else paid for something that was taken from them.

Also, I really hope that I'm misreading your post and that you're not implying that "well, we paid for it anyway so it's ok to take it"
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

6. Default Re: Athletics Foundation asking return of banner

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    Theft is still theft, so the comparison is still a valid one. And it's still good money that someone else paid for something that was taken from them.

Also, I really hope that I'm misreading your post and that you're not implying that "well, we paid for it anyway so it's ok to take it"
    Consider yourself misread*, as I literally wrote exactly what my point was (not an apples to apples comparison), no need to "imply" anything. Smh.

*I absolutely do NOT approve or sanction the act of thievery from the University in any form... but, I may find humor in a national search for a missing banner.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Consider yourself misread*, as I literally wrote exactly what my point was (not an apples to apples comparison), no need to "imply" anything. Smh.

*I absolutely do NOT approve or sanction the act of thievery from the University in any form... but, I may find humor in a national search for a missing banner.
    Your comment about donors paying for it anyway is what threw me off and why I asked it as a question.

It's not a "national search", it's a tweet that says if you took it to bring it back and no questions will be asked.

Kind of amazes me that we have folks giving the AF grief for having the audacity to ask for their property back in a nice way. But then again, it doesn't....

No big deal since the AF just has all this disposable income lying around. Banners for everybody!!

Scott Guy
    c/o '93 - BS in Computer Science
    Cumming, Ga
    Tailgating in B31

My company installs CCTV equipment....there had to be some cameras in the area
    It would be on their DVR hard drive...probably a 2-6 terabyte or more with plenty of space
    to view the incident. They need to get in touch with Embassy Suites. I was inside on Friday
    and I did see cameras there.
    Jim Eure
    GS 1974

Quote Originally Posted by northgaeagle View Post
    My company installs CCTV equipment....there had to be some cameras in the area
    It would be on their DVR hard drive...probably a 2-6 terabyte or more with plenty of space
    to view the incident. They need to get in touch with Embassy Suites. I was inside on Friday
    and I did see cameras there.
    I would bet the AF doesn't want police involved or get caught up in that and just wants the banner returned. Not sure if the embassy suites will allow video footage to be looked through without law enforcement, subpoenas involved. More than likely just an intoxicated and very happy fan and hopefully they can return it and not get their lives ruined over this. AF is being very very nice about this and could really go after the person but I dont think they want to, just whoever has it will hopefully send it in.
    Brian Brennan
    1995 BBA Finance
    Eagle fan since 1982