TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Miracle in Montgomery

Default Re: Miracle in Montgomery

Quote Originally Posted by gasouthern01 View Post
    Yep Jimmy ferris. Ryan told him that after he laid his a$$ out on a crossing pattern up the middle.
    I've got the print of Hadden, Young, and two other defenders standing over Ferris staring at him after Hadden laid him out hanging on the wall in front of me in my office!
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    I've got the print of Hadden, Young, and two other defenders standing over Ferris staring at him after Hadden laid him out hanging on the wall in front of me in my office!
    I love it. That ferris was a huge crap talker and our guys were not happy about it leading up to the game. It was a great game and yet another big win in the cold and rain.
    Brian Brennan
    1995 BBA Finance
    Eagle fan since 1982

3. Default Re: Miracle in Montgomery

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    I see a lot of the same things, but I'm a glass-half-full guy.

IMO, we can do well with the same kind of players we've typically had; we just need a full roster of them.
    Sure, I agree with that, but if we are gonna take another step forward with the program we will have to get the talent level up some also. That's where I'm coming from. I see where we are beating some SBC and CUSA teams for some guys, but they are doing the same to us in some cases. I have no doubt that we will get guys that will keep us competitive in the SBC, but I want us to do better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    We have to get faster on defense. Get some pass rushers. Watching Appy in their bowl game really showed how important a pass rush is to the entire defense. I can’t figure why we have had a lack of legit edge rushers the past 3-4 years.
    I would argue the past 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    If memory serves me we have been better up the middle than on the edges for as long as I can remember. Swole is the only end that comes to mind right away that was good.
    Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    I can see the argument.

Dakota Walker was an impact edge pass rusher, but he was playing out of position as a DE in the 3-3-5.

Still, we've had some good players there since the great roster re-tool of 2006: Dion Dubose, Javon Mention, Bernard Dawson, Logan Hunt, et al.

Raymond Johnson will be a first-team all-SBC DE, even though he's also playing slightly o.o.p. in the 3-4.
    The Cliffs of Insanity
    #newsflash
    www.247sports.com/porkchopratings

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    I can see the argument.

Dakota Walker was an impact edge pass rusher, but he was playing out of position as a DE in the 3-3-5.

Still, we've had some good players there since the great roster re-tool of 2006: Dion Dubose, Javon Mention, Bernard Dawson, Logan Hunt, et al.

Raymond Johnson will be a first-team all-SBC DE, even though he's also playing slightly o.o.p. in the 3-4.
    Right. We've definitely had some very good D. Lineman, but I can hardly remember any freak EDGE guys. Honestly Dakota Walker and Chris Covington might have been our best pass rushers over the last 15 years. Agree that Mention and Dubose were pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    If memory serves me we have been better up the middle than on the edges for as long as I can remember. Swole is the only end that comes to mind right away that was good.

One of my favorite players. Super nice guy, interesting life story.