TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Miracle in Montgomery

Default Re: Miracle in Montgomery

We need a sticky with all the named great plays with links.
    Work is a prerequisite for success, not a guarantee. - James L. Roark

Quote Originally Posted by StingingEagle View Post
    I seem to remember an interception in the end zone during Montana's drive immediately following that (somebody correct me here!). Don't think the son of the run would've been what it became if not for that.
    I don't think it was the end zone but I do think it was Ryan Hadden. They were driving for the game winning points.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Ryan Hadden intercepted the ball. I heard that Ryan told the Montana receiver - "You won't be riding any four wheeler today B%$#@" - referring to the week before when Montana won their semifinal game in Missoula and he was riding around inside the stadium with the Montana mascot driving the four wheeler.

I don't recall the receiver's name but I believe he played several years for the Falcons.
    Bleu (formerly Bcube) in the non cyber world is Bill Bates.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleu View Post
    Ryan Hadden intercepted the ball. I heard that Ryan told the Montana receiver - "You won't be riding any four wheeler today B%$#@" - referring to the week before when Montana won their semifinal came in Missoula and he was riding around inside the stadium with the Montana mascot driving the four wheeler.

I don't recall the receiver's name but I believe he played several years for the Falcons.
    Jimmy Ferris, probably.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleu View Post
    Ryan Hadden intercepted the ball. I heard that Ryan told the Montana receiver - "You won't be riding any four wheeler today B%$#@" - referring to the week before when Montana won their semifinal came in Missoula and he was riding around inside the stadium with the Montana mascot driving the four wheeler.

Yep Jimmy ferris. Ryan told him that after he laid his a$$ out on a crossing pattern up the middle.
    Brian Brennan
    1995 BBA Finance
    Eagle fan since 1982

6. Default Re: Miracle in Montgomery

Wow, we win an exciting Camelia Bowl against a good opponent, set numerous records for least turnovers, and show great emotion during and after the game.
    And today our recruiting class ranking falls out of the top 100. WTHell? I read all the posts that say rankings don’t mean Much nor the Stars or numbers for athletes. However I can’t understand why we can’t get more 3 Stars and maybe one 4 star recruit occasionally. We are clearly a very good G5 program.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBIRD73 View Post
    Wow, we win an exciting Camelia Bowl against a good opponent, set numerous records for least turnovers, and show great emotion during and after the game.
    And today our recruiting class ranking falls out of the top 100. WTHell? I read all the posts that say rankings donít mean Much nor the Stars or numbers for athletes. However I canít understand why we canít get more 3 Stars and maybe one 4 star recruit occasionally. We are clearly a very good G5 program.
    We're OL heavy in this class. OL on this level never grade high, so that's going to have an effect.

This is not going to be a particularly flashy class, but will address our needs which is ultimately more important. What you also probably aren't necessarily thinking about is that we do have a lot of talent on the roster already.

We're one year in from 2-10. Keep the faith and let's win some games. It'll fix itself.

Quote Originally Posted by gasouthern01 View Post
    Yep Jimmy ferris. Ryan told him that after he laid his a$$ out on a crossing pattern up the middle.
    Love that photo of Hadden and a few others standing over that dude after he got wrecked.

9. Default Re: Miracle in Montgomery

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    We're OL heavy in this class. OL on this level never grade high, so that's going to have an effect.

This is not going to be a particularly flashy class, but will address our needs which is ultimately more important. What you also probably aren't necessarily thinking about is that we do have a lot of talent on the roster already.

We're one year in from 2-10. Keep the faith and let's win some games. It'll fix itself.
    Needs is a relative term, what we need is to start to improve the talent level at every position period. It does not appear to me with the current commitment list that we are doing that. We will see when the dust settles though.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBIRD73 View Post
    And today our recruiting class ranking falls out of the top 100. WTHell? I read all the posts that say rankings don’t mean Much nor the Stars or numbers for athletes. However I can’t understand why we can’t get more 3 Stars and maybe one 4 star recruit occasionally. We are clearly a very good G5 program.
    I hate to be "that guy," but you really, really shouldn't worry about it right now. There are several reasons.

First, we are stockpiling OL and "ATH" players, neither of which seem to garner the star ratings. If you watch some of the highlights from the latter, you'll see that they look like real GS players. They can fly, and they're physical.

Also, I'm convinced that the early signing period has changed the way that the "services" review and rate players who don't have multiple P5 offers. This year more than ever I just go by the attention they're getting from our peers. For instance, our most recent commitment lists seventeen D-I offers. I don't really care what his star rating is. Seventeen different D-I coaching staffs think highly enough of him to offer him a scholarship.

Most importantly, we'll sign a big group on Wednesday and then fill out the class between now and February. That's when we went from near the bottom to near the top of the SBC last season.

In any case, I'm betting that we'll get the players we need/want.
    The Cliffs of Insanity
    #newsflash
    www.247sports.com/porkchopratings