TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: EMU game and overall season thoughts

Default Re: EMU game and overall season thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Just watched the game replay on ESPNU, after game did you notice Fields and Werts hugging and in that long hug some tears, heck that got me crying.
    That was right in front of us and definitely on the periphery of the on-field celebration. It was obviously genuine and heart-felt, truly touching to see.

Quote Originally Posted by SwampEagle View Post
    Beat App State. Check
    Beat GA State. Check
    Winning Season. Check
    Bowl game. Check

Bud Light.
    Dilly, Dilly!!

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Whatever that play was that was ruled a backward pass that gave us a big loss was really not necessary, as well as that one pass play we ran (I think) from the under center formation. I don't know what we were doing on that delay of game penalty as well but I'm betting it wasn't something we did all the time.

We were consistently beating them up the middle with Fields and on the perimeter with Kennedy, but went away from it.

Look, I think DeBesse and the offensive staff have done a A or maybe an A+ job of coaching overall for the season and I think the offense is better statistically than it probably had any business being, but I just didn't like what we did in the second half.
    On that backwards pass Shai scrambled up into the pocket which put him in front of the flat receiver. Just an instance of Shai trying to do too much and their DEs getting upfield very quickly IMO.

4. Default Re: EMU game and overall season thoughts

My thinking as well, don’t think it was designed that way, just happened.

For the "experts" who think we need to go for those 4th and 1s or 2s...you do realize these were on are own side of the 50 right?

As far as the season, we seriously need to work on our punt game.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    For the "experts" who think we need to go for those 4th and 1s or 2s...you do realize these were on are own side of the 50 right?

no, the 4th and 2 folks are talking about was when we kicked a 35 yarder to go up 20-14. We were well into their territory. It still was a great call by CL, great game management.

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post

I agree punting has to improve. If the young man doesn't speed up his delivery he is a blocked punt waiting to happen. Now if everybody on here see's the problem our kicking coach I hope can see it. If I was opposing coach I would go after the block every punt, heck I wouldn't even have a guy back, I'd rush 11 at least untill I see on tape his delivery has speeded up.

Here's the reason I would have liked going for that last 4th down. What would have happened if we had gone for it and not made it is that EMU would have kicked a FG to tie it instead of going for it on 4th & goal and taking the lead. Of course, if we convert the 4th & 2 then the game is probably over right there.

9. Default Re: EMU game and overall season thoughts

Im curious as to why Bass isn't punting? I know we risk him getting hurt and the coaches for sure know more than me. I know the three times he punted, he average 47 yds with one over 50 and one inside the 20

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle02120624 View Post
    Im curious as to why Bass isn't punting? I know we risk him getting hurt and the coaches for sure know more than me. I know the three times he punted, he average 47 yds with one over 50 and one inside the 20
    The last time he punted he outkicked the coverage and they got a good return haha.