TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: 2018 EM team stats & stats against Army's option attack.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    LakeLand & Saint Simons Is.
    Posts
    3,238

    Default 2018 EM team stats & stats against Army's option attack.

    EMU Stats 7-5
    https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...igan/2018.html

    Against Army, a triple Option Team
    Army 37 - 22
    Army had 27 first downs to EM's 10
    Army had 415 total yards to EM's 235
    Army had 289 rushing
    Army had 126 in passing with 7 of 8 completions.

    So EM is another MAC team that will fall to GSU in a bowl!
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

  2. #2

    Default Re: 2018 EM team stats & stats against Army's option attack.

    Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    EMU Stats 7-5
    https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...igan/2018.html

    Against Army, a triple Option Team
    Army 37 - 22
    Army had 27 first downs to EM's 10
    Army had 415 total yards to EM's 235
    Army had 289 rushing
    Army had 126 in passing with 7 of 8 completions.

    So EM is another MAC team that will fall to GSU in a bowl!
    Agree. Just have to be focused and play with a lot of energy from start to finish.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    LakeLand & Saint Simons Is.
    Posts
    3,238

    Default Re: 2018 EM team stats & stats against Army's option attack.

    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEX2 View Post
    Agree. Just have to be focused and play with a lot of energy from start to finish.
    FOCUSED!
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

  4. Default Re: 2018 EM team stats & stats against Army's option attack.

    Gonna be a tough game.

  5. #5

    Default Re: 2018 EM team stats & stats against Army's option attack.

    We're very different from what Army runs, especially on the OL. That will make a big difference in how they prepare for us.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Posts
    26,044

    Default Re: 2018 EM team stats & stats against Army's option attack.

    YPG is a terrible stat.

    It's also extremely misleading because in that game, Army held the ball for 45 min.

    Army ran 81 plays @ 5.1 YPP. Not terrible, but not great. It's also below their season average of 5.25, so EMU held them slightly below their season average even with the amount of time their defense was on the field.

    EMU ran 40 plays @ 5.9 YPP. Army's defense didn't manage to hold EMU under their season average in this case. This means that EMU was better offensively, although not overwhelmingly good. This isn't like OU where they were A LOT better on offense compared to Army (8.88 YPP!), but they could move the ball to some degree.

    Army played "their" game of running tons of clock and chipping away little by little. Whether or not this was because EMU was holding them to small gains, I'm not sure. However, this is not really a blowout by Army and the difference in what they did appears to be getting some big pass plays off PA. I imagine some A-backs or WRs got lost in coverage with how much they were grinding.

    If we have one of our typical slow starts, we're going to be in for a bit of a fight. If we hit them with some quick scores up front, this game could get busted wide open. They're going to air it out, so we just need to play defense like at the beginning of the season and prevent them from getting any cheap big plays/scores and make them have to grind out yards.


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    LakeLand & Saint Simons Is.
    Posts
    3,238

    Default Re: 2018 EM team stats & stats against Army's option attack.

    Quote Originally Posted by straightshooter View Post
    We're very different from what Army runs, especially on the OL. That will make a big difference in how they prepare for us.
    Very true, but we still are a run based option team.
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    LakeLand & Saint Simons Is.
    Posts
    3,238

    Default Re: 2018 EM team stats & stats against Army's option attack.

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    YPG is a terrible stat.

    It's also extremely misleading because in that game, Army held the ball for 45 min.

    Army ran 81 plays @ 5.1 YPP. Not terrible, but not great. It's also below their season average of 5.25, so EMU held them slightly below their season average even with the amount of time their defense was on the field.

    EMU ran 40 plays @ 5.9 YPP. Army's defense didn't manage to hold EMU under their season average in this case. This means that EMU was better offensively, although not overwhelmingly good. This isn't like OU where they were A LOT better on offense compared to Army (8.88 YPP!), but they could move the ball to some degree.

    Army played "their" game of running tons of clock and chipping away little by little. Whether or not this was because EMU was holding them to small gains, I'm not sure. However, this is not really a blowout by Army and the difference in what they did appears to be getting some big pass plays off PA. I imagine some A-backs or WRs got lost in coverage with how much they were grinding.

    If we have one of our typical slow starts, we're going to be in for a bit of a fight. If we hit them with some quick scores up front, this game could get busted wide open. They're going to air it out, so we just need to play defense like at the beginning of the season and prevent them from getting any cheap big plays/scores and make them have to grind out yards.
    "If we have one of our typical slow starts, we're going to be in for a bit of a fight. If we hit them with some quick scores up front, this game could get busted wide open."
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

  9. #9

    Default Re: 2018 EM team stats & stats against Army's option attack.

    I think our over all team speed should be to our advantage. But we shouldn't underestimate their abilities. Their OL is big and powerful. But our defense is pretty potent and effective also. Good matchup.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    LakeLand & Saint Simons Is.
    Posts
    3,238

    Default Re: 2018 EM team stats & stats against Army's option attack.

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglefan200 View Post
    I think our over all team speed should be to our advantage. But we shouldn't underestimate their abilities. Their OL is big and powerful. But our defense is pretty potent and effective also. Good matchup.
    Check your PM 200.
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

Similar Threads

  1. Predict 2016 stats versus 2015 stats
    By BillyBob in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 17th August 2016, 08:33 AM
  2. Stats
    By gsu2583 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 13th December 2011, 04:51 PM
  3. stats
    By gsueagle2424 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 5th September 2010, 03:40 PM
  4. STATS
    By NCEagleMan05 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 5th October 2009, 04:30 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •