TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Our Fan Base is an Embarrassment

Default Our Fan Base is an Embarrassment

This team has completely earned our support and has given students reason to be excited again. Yet, given a free ride and a free ticket to the bowl game, we can't fill the bus up of just 50 people after like a week of it being offered? On top of that, Cole Swindell has offered to do another bus. How do we get people energized and more excited? So embarrassing!

Default Re: Our Fan Base is an Embarrassment

My problem with the bus was this time they planned it to only go on Saturday morning and return Saturday after the game. It should have been set to go on Friday morning and then return after the game on Saturday evening.
    By going on Saturday morning those going on the bus would miss out on all of the bowl experience except for the game. The pep rally and parade and other activities are Friday afternoon and evening and Saturday.

And before someone says people would not take it if it was an overnight trip. We had two almost full buses from Statesboro for the Go Daddy bowl.

Thats the reason I passed up on the bus trip.

Quote Originally Posted by wesley_4024 View Post
    This team has completely earned our support and has given students reason to be excited again. Yet, given a free ride and a free ticket to the bowl game, we can't fill the bus up of just 50 people after like a week of it being offered? On top of that, Cole Swindell has offered to do another bus. How do we get people energized and more excited? So embarrassing!

Finals were this week, most the kids will be home. Do the dorms still shut down during break? Meaning you can't stay there. IMO that's the biggest draw back from the bus trip. Especially when you live far from Statesboro. Most of the Atlanta students will be doing a day trip I assume.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

4. Default Re: Our Fan Base is an Embarrassment

A successful program requires quality coaches. Help us keep ours.
    https://give.gseagles.com/campaign/m...llenge/c170354

5. Default Re: Our Fan Base is an Embarrassment

Most students go home this week, and live in the greater Atlanta area. Why stay in Statesboro an extra week for a 12 hour round trip bus ride in one day when they could drive from Atlanta in 2 hours?

Quote Originally Posted by wesley_4024 View Post
    One of these again. Just came off a 2-10 season and did not even win the Sun Belt. Yes the turn around of a talented team was awesome but for the non fanantic and reality we are a third place Sun Belt team playing in a non destination city against a team they have never heard of.

Calm down, lets wait till we can at least win the Belt and actually give a P5 a good game again before throwing the fan base under the bus.
    Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

So we have 1 paid bus of fans full from Statesboro. Now the free student bus (50) is also full.

Not sure how much other interest there's been. The Atlanta bus is $45 now.
    Curious to see if enough students want to go to where they'll take Cole up on his offer. A few have asked if we can coordinate that bus leaving from Atlanta or elsewhere.

I fully agree that it should've been an overnight trip. I have 2 or 3 from Savannah who would've taken it, but when it was announced as day trip only, they decided to pass. Mobile was wonderful and worth the cost in my opinion, but not many want to be on the road that much in one day, and the festivities the night before really add to the experience

Lee Jones
    C/O 2012
    B.M. in Music Ed
    Crawford, Ga
    Section 110

OAS AAS LLS

Quote Originally Posted by EagleTrump View Post
    Ha, that's actually pretty funny. So I didn't know the details of the same day return and still having already let out. Maybe I overreacted a smidge. I just want these players to feel the support they deserve. Especially the seniors

10. Default Re: Our Fan Base is an Embarrassment

I won’t be embarrassed a bit. I’ll be in Montgomery!

(We are on the right track. Give us a couple more good seasons and folks will respond. TS absolutely DeathStarred our program, and recovery will take a little while-but it WILL happen.)