TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: GS vs Eastern Michigan

1. Default Re: GS vs Eastern Michigan

7-5 with only two wins coming against teams with a winning record. One of those being Monmouth who is in the Big South and Toledo being the other. After the loss to Army they got three wins against teams with a combined total of seven wins.

Default Re: GS vs Eastern Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by AAEagle View Post
    7-5 with only two wins coming against teams with a winning record. One of those being Monmouth who is in the Big South and Toledo being the other. After the loss to Army they got three wins against teams with a combined total of seven wins.
    For all I care they're the New England Patriots...

Quote Originally Posted by AAEagle View Post
    What's good for the goose: Georgia Southern also only has two wins against teams with winning records. Both conferences are littered with dead-body-teams that help out a record. Were I an EMU supporter, I could say EMU's best wins were over Purdue and Toledo; Georgia Southern's were App and Ark State. Toss up? EMU's in a bowl, and right now they're the best and only team we are scheduled to play

Quote Originally Posted by tailgating fool View Post
    What's good for the goose: Georgia Southern also only has two wins against teams with winning records. Both conferences are littered with dead-body-teams that help out a record. Were I an EMU supporter, I could say EMU's best wins were over Purdue and Toledo; Georgia Southern's were App and Ark State. Toss up? EMU's in a bowl, and right now they're the best and only team we are scheduled to play
    Yep I agree. I think it's a good matchup for us this season and if we play like we have all season we should get a win. Probably close at halftime then we open up our running game to the perimeter in the second half and a few big pass plays will give us a semi comfortable lead (maybe 10 points) and they score late to make it closer. Going with gsu by 5. I am good with this matchup and will be there.
    Brian Brennan
    1995 BBA Finance
    Eagle fan since 1982

Quote Originally Posted by tailgating fool View Post
    Toss up? EMU's in a bowl, and right now they're the best and only team we are scheduled to play
    Yes and they are "Happy Campers" to be in a Bowl game. Let's not take them too lightly but proceed to dispatch them with an Eagle signature. GATA.

We definitely don't need to get cocky... I think we have the athletes to handle them, but if our kids go in thinking it's going to be a walk in the park, we may well get embarrassed. If I remember correctly, BGSU came into the GoDaddy Bowl a few years ago with a big head and expecting to blow us out. We all know how that turned out.
    Hopefully our coaches can keep our players focused, go in their and take care of business, and then we can party Saturday night!
    We had plain white pants, we had plain navy-blue shirts, a number on the front and a number on the back. We couldn't even put a stripe down the middle of our helmets. We used a strip of tape. ... Those kind of things screamed, 'TEAM!' - Erk Russell

7. Default Re: GS vs Eastern Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by EagleTeacher View Post
    We definitely don't need to get cocky... I think we have the athletes to handle them, but if our kids go in thinking it's going to be a walk in the park, we may well get embarrassed. If I remember correctly, BGSU came into the GoDaddy Bowl a few years ago with a big head and expecting to blow us out. We all know how that turned out.
    Hopefully our coaches can keep our players focused, go in their and take care of business, and then we can party Saturday night!
    Just remember ULM this year.

Quote Originally Posted by BullEagle View Post
    Respect. Makes it hard to hate these guys.

I like this guy

If we don't play a very good game, EMU is talented enough to beat us up pretty good. I would hope we show real good/sharp execution and play fast, I think our speed especially on defense will show. No way you can take EMU lightly.

10. Default Re: GS vs Eastern Michigan

I knew EMU was close to the University of Michigan, but didn't realize how close. Rynearson Stadium is 6 miles away from Michigan Stadium. Along with an extremely tight athletic budget and little historical success, it's a wonder as to how their program is still around. I don't mean that as a slight towards them at all, just pretty crazy how they've been able to keep the program running this long.