TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul Johnson to Retire??

1. Default Re: Paul Johnson to Retire??

Hard to say how 1 more year would've worked out for him. They were returning most of their starters. CPJ's achievements there was basically a magic trick. Also, lolz at the idea of GT winning 6 games next year. Or the year after.

Quote Originally Posted by buddyroe View Post
    Well, if they did, their average wins per year would exactly match CPJ's over the last 4 years at Tech (3,9,5,7 = 6 games per year)

* Tech missed a game last year to CFU and they have one more to go this year

Default Re: Paul Johnson to Retire??

Quote Originally Posted by StingingEagle View Post
    Hard to say how 1 more year would've worked out for him. They were returning most of their starters. CPJ's achievements there was basically a magic trick. Also, lolz at the idea of GT winning 6 games next year. Or the year after.
    I don't know if I'd call it a magic trick. Chan Gailey's winning % was almost exactly the same as PJ's. The only difference is Gailey was pretty much consistently mediocre while PJ was very up and down.

3. Default Re: Paul Johnson to Retire??

My brother in law is a Tech grad and season ticket holder he doesn’t want to see them go away from the Flex but thinks it is going to happen because some of there fans are delusional to what they can accomplish. The difference between Gailey and PJ’s tenure is that the GT Presidents since Gailey left have been more strict on the academic requirements for atheletes and have not allowed the waivers that Gailey got. Tech is a tough sell, how many college athletes want to take calculus? It’s part of the core at Tech, you can’t avoid it. Tech is headed to the cellar if they go away from the flex and continue the status quo with academics. They will be what Duke FB was until recently.

Stanford and Northwestern do ok. Maybe they need to expand their recruiting a little.

5. Default Re: Paul Johnson to Retire??

Quote Originally Posted by StingingEagle View Post
    NM.

Quote Originally Posted by buddyroe View Post
    Dang, I feel like a legend getting quoted across boards like that.

I'll just tell you this. You'd be damn happy winning 2 national championships with Paul Johnson as coach. You have never experienced that, and it will be a LONG time before it happens again - probably not in your lifetime.

I'm only thankful that I got to live it.

Thank You Paul Johnson. I am so thankful for what you did for GSU. I will not forget it.
    Weird comments about national championships coming from a GT fan.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

Whisenhunt, Elliot and Geoff Collins under consideration. Not much direction toward Satterfield. They are definitely not interested in a TO coach.

Based on Monkens comments they must have reached out to him first and he was a quick negative. They probably don’t want a different PJ disciple. If Navy had continued they may have gone that direction but they are falling off and I think the GT fan base would go nuts if they hired an option coach who is currently not successful. I know GT fans have to be cringing at the idea of Whisenhunt though.

Quote Originally Posted by Walt3412 View Post
    Stanford and Northwestern do ok. Maybe they need to expand their recruiting a little.
    Stanford and Northwestern also have other degrees they can put football players in. Georgia Tech doesn't have as many IIRC.
    Avatar = True Blue sign, standing under the Bill Clinton statue in Pristina, Kosovo, and smoking a cigar.

-Walt Austin, Forgotten5.com

Quote Originally Posted by AUgradGSUgradstudent View Post
    Stanford and Northwestern also have other degrees they can put football players in. Georgia Tech doesn't have as many IIRC.

Management is the "easiest" one but still requires:
    Calculus twice
    Physics\Chemistry\Biology
    The the basic history, english, etc.

Yea no thanks.

http://catalog.gatech.edu/programs/business-administration-general-management-bs/#requirementstext
    Last edited by 1peatfor7; 3rd December 2018 at 01:40 PM.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"