TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 121314

Thread: Paul Johnson to Retire??

Default Re: Paul Johnson to Retire??

Poor fools that blame PJ's system for their record are about to learn a hard lesson.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

2. Default Re: Paul Johnson to Retire??

At the very least, GT is far more accomplished with PJ having had been there. They can go back to the cellar.

Quote Originally Posted by StingingEagle View Post
    At the very least, GT is far more accomplished with PJ having had been there. They can go back to the cellar.
    Depending on what you go by, all time wins or percentage, 3rd or 4th all time. Enjoy your sub .500 seasons.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

4. Default Re: Paul Johnson to Retire??

My dad was too, lettered in football in the 70s. PJ won him over. My dad recognizes that GT's days as an elite football program are long gone, and thought PJ was a match made in heaven. It helped my dad and I reconnect as I schooled him on the triple option. In the end though, it was my dad schooling me on it with his experience. They were young and just getting started when I was here, and now that run seem to be over. That's the way it goes though, things change. Last I talked to my dad, he was utterly disgusted by how it went down and isn't renewing his letterwinner's tickets. I remember when Fritz almost beat them, and GT fans chanting "ACC!" at the end of the game, my dad told me on the way to the car "only GT students are stupid enough to chant that after blowing a lead that big."

As another poster mentioned, stingtalk is pure trash... but yes, many grew tired of the TO and wanted a coventional offense to be able to recruit 4 and 5 star players. So far, this new guy hasn't done any better in that department. I need to change my username now that I think about it...

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Like I have mentioned before-GT has a lot of idiot fans.

The very few I know who actually care about football are bored with the flex or option or whatever and want to see something more interesting.

GT has a lot of money (a billion dollar endowment-for example) but they have a LOT of idiot fans. Real idiots, the vast majority.

I’ll never forget some of the crappy comments from the GT/GS game I was at. Just really uniformed and snotty.....

I wanted to whip out a W2 and say “yeah-party school....”. But I’m not that kind of person.

My dad was GT. He likes football and always enjoyed PJ andhjs type of football.

But he’s about the only non-idiot GT can I know. The rest are snotty and really dumb. No perspective at all.

Quote Originally Posted by StingingEagle View Post
    My dad was too, lettered in football in the 70s. PJ won him over. My dad recognizes that GT's days as an elite football program are long gone, and thought PJ was a match made in heaven. It helped my dad and I reconnect as I schooled him on the triple option. In the end though, it was my dad schooling me on it with his experience. They were young and just getting started when I was here, and now that run seem to be over. That's the way it goes though, things change. Last I talked to my dad, he was utterly disgusted by how it went down and isn't renewing his letterwinner's tickets. I remember when Fritz almost beat them, and GT fans chanting "ACC!" at the end of the game, my dad told me on the way to the car "only GT students are stupid enough to chant that after blowing a lead that big."

As another poster mentioned, stingtalk is pure trash... but yes, many grew tired of the TO and wanted a coventional offense to be able to recruit 4 and 5 star players. So far, this new guy hasn't done any better in that department. I need to change my username now that I think about it...
    Yeah, I don't care what offense, etc they run... GT isn't gonna land a slew of 4/5 star recruits no matter what. They'll get one here and there (i.e Calvin Johnson, etc.) but not enough to give Clemson, etc. a run year in, year out. As stated, a lot of their fans are in for a rude awakening.

Scott Guy
    c/o '93 - BS in Computer Science
    Cumming, Ga
    Tailgating in B31

6. Default Re: Paul Johnson to Retire??

Paul Johnson disciples square off in Army-Navy game
    https://www.capitalgazette.com/sport...206-story.html
    "I believe political correctness is one of the most dangerous movements facing America." Erk Russell

Lots of talk during the game last night about the possibility of a PJ return eventually. Honestly, I think he'll be back on some level. PJ seems like the kind of guy that will get bored with retirement eventually. Wouldn't shock me to see him back at a school like Western Carolina.
    Quote Originally Posted by StanMolsonMan View Post
    Because.... We're idiots.

Since 2006 PJ's base salary was $21M total. Plus whatever bonuses (APR, graduation rates, etc) he received easily puts him over $25M career earnings at Tech. He's over 60 and doesn't need to work another day in his life, ever. Not to mention he's got some form of 2 pensions from Navy and the state of Georgia (32% of his state funded salary based on 16 years).
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"