Thread: Paul Johnson to Retire??

Default Re: Paul Johnson to Retire??

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Management is the "easiest" one but still requires:
    Calculus twice
    Physics\Chemistry\Biology
    The the basic history, english, etc.

Yea no thanks.

http://catalog.gatech.edu/programs/business-administration-general-management-bs/#requirementstext
    What? No interdisciplinary studies?????

2. Default Re: Paul Johnson to Retire??

Quote Originally Posted by AUgradGSUgradstudent View Post
    Stanford and Northwestern also have other degrees they can put football players in. Georgia Tech doesn't have as many IIRC.
    I doubt GT degree programs like Business Admin, Literature, Media and Comminication, etc., are much more difficult then what athletes are majoring in at Stanford or Northwestern, IMHO.

I worked with many " GT Graduates" and maybe one of them was a millionaire. Good money yes, but not millionaires.

Kinda wondering where Sewak and DC Woody will end up now?

I always see Stanford brought up when talking about GT's recruiting hurdles.
    NEWSFLASH: Stanford is a private university and does not have minimum admission requirements. They have high standards (for the general population), but no minimum requirements. A study done by Princeton several years ago showed that the median scores for Stanford football players who actually had scores to provide came in at the bottom 10% of the student body, i.e. the average football player who could actually provide scores WAS the bottom 10% of Stanford admissions.

Up until CPJ got it dropped just a few years ago due to the historically high graduation rates that had been obtained, GT had an exception rule that would only allow 20% of recruits to attend GT and not meet their minimum admission requirements. When they got it waived, CPJ himself said that if graduation rates fell it would surely come right back. One can also pull up numbers of academic waivers offered by say UGA and it's typically three to four times as many as GT hands out.

Quote Originally Posted by yourmother View Post
    I always see Stanford brought up when talking about GT's recruiting hurdles.
    NEWSFLASH: Stanford is a private university and does not have minimum admission requirements. They have high standards (for the general population), but no minimum requirements. A study done by Princeton several years ago showed that the median scores for Stanford football players who actually had scores to provide came in at the bottom 10% of the student body, i.e. the average football player who could actually provide scores WAS the bottom 10% of Stanford admissions.

Up until CPJ got it dropped just a few years ago due to the historically high graduation rates that had been obtained, GT had an exception rule that would only allow 20% of recruits to attend GT and not meet their minimum admission requirements. When they got it waived, CPJ himself said that if graduation rates fell it would surely come right back. One can also pull up numbers of academic waivers offered by say UGA and it's typically three to four times as many as GT hands out.
    How about Duke...they have beaten GT 4 out of the last 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefan200 View Post
    Kinda wondering where Sewak and DC Woody will end up now?
    How old is Sewak? I don't see him going many places honestly. Maybe a position with KSU or retirement?
    Quote Originally Posted by StanMolsonMan View Post
    Because.... We're idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post
    How old is Sewak? I don't see him going many places honestly. Maybe a position with KSU or retirement?
    Bring him here! He almost came here last year
    Go Eagles!!

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Bring him here! He almost came here last year
    You never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Walt3412 View Post
    How about Duke...they have beaten GT 4 out of the last 5 years.
    Duke is private.
    https://admissions.duke.edu/application/overview
    See right side of page.
    MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
    We do NOT require minimum scores on the SAT or ACT, GPA, or class rank for consideration or admission.