TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NIU & Buffalo - Is this who we have a chance at? Schedule & stats

1. Default Re: NIU & Buffalo - Is this who we have a chance at? Schedule & stats

Northern Illinois has the 2nd best rush defense in the country, right behind Clemson.

Give me Buffalo.

Default Re: NIU & Buffalo - Is this who we have a chance at? Schedule & stats

Quote Originally Posted by Klak View Post
    Northern Illinois has the 2nd best rush defense in the country, right behind Clemson.

Give me Buffalo.
    Was it N. Arizona that was giving up like 30 yards rushing per game back in the FCS playoff era? We hung 70+ on them.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

the mac isn't exactly a high run conference anyway. I think they only have a couple teams inside the top 40 in rushing yards

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Was it N. Arizona that was giving up like 30 yards rushing per game back in the FCS playoff era? We hung 70+ on them.
    Yea but that was 1. at Paulson, 2. With Greg Hill, AP and PJ (among others) in their 3rd year in the system

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    I don’t want to play Buffalo. They are a terrible name, but better than us. Can we win that game? Maybe. Offense would have to score 40+. Don’t trust the boring offensive leader we have to call those kind of plays to win.
    They’re good this year, but we’ve given up 40 points once this season, when we didn’t even get off the bus.
    Ever devoted to the twin causes of reason and justice . . . ever at risk of waxing verbose

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    Yea but that was 1. at Paulson, 2. With Greg Hill, AP and PJ (among others) in their 3rd year in the system
    I thought it might have been western Illinois but any way, we dont run that offense anymore and no where close to hanging 70 on anyone. We wouldn't hang 70 on a bad fcs team.
    Brian Brennan
    1995 BBA Finance
    Eagle fan since 1982

Quote Originally Posted by gasouthern01 View Post
    I thought it might have been western Illinois but any way, we dont run that offense anymore and no where close to hanging 70 on anyone. We wouldn't hang 70 on a bad fcs team.
    UCF didn't even hang 40 on them. Guess they stink, too.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

REgardling football Scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by eagle#58 View Post
    I've watched a couple of their games and UB will be a hand full. They had there arse handed to them by a 7-win Ohio team that barely beat Kent State and FCS Howard, but played the rest of their schedule pretty tough. They won't fold up like BGSU did in 2015.
    I watched some of that Ohio game too. They got tin horned by Ohio's run game. Their offense looked like they take a lot of deep shots, which I think would not work against the kind of zone we play. I would like the matchup for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Walt3412 View Post
    I watched some of that Ohio game too. They got tin horned by Ohio's run game. Their offense looked like they take a lot of deep shots, which I think would not work against the kind of zone we play. I would like the matchup for us.
    Yep, +1

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    I don’t want to play Buffalo. They are a terrible name, but better than us. Can we win that game? Maybe. Offense would have to score 40+. Don’t trust the boring offensive leader we have to call those kind of plays to win.
    Jesus will you ever grow tired of that tired lame argument that DeBesse inhales vigorously?