NIU - 7-5
    https://fbschedules.com/niu-football-schedule/
    Stats
    https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...nois/2018.html

Buffalo - 10-2
    https://fbschedules.com/buffalo-football-schedule/
    Stats
    https://www.statspros.com/buffalo-football-stats/

If so I want Buffalo. If they win they will be 11-2 and it will look better when we beat them!
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

Default Re: NIU & Buffalo - Is this who we have a chance at? Schedule & stats

When did Buffalo turn into a legit team?

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovemyschool View Post
    From what I've seen in the past - this year! ;-)
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovemyschool View Post
    When they decided to stop hiring fad coaches and made a good choice.

They hired the coach that had won several national championships at Wisconsin Whitewater.

That said, they'll likely go to the DG bowl. Matches up 10 win teams from both conferences.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post

That said, they'll likely go to the DG bowl. Matches up 10 win teams from both conferences.
    App is the only Sun Belt team with a shot at 10 wins but won't be in the DG if they win the CCG.

Has the DG said they'll take the MAC winner or are they open? If they take the winner maybe NIU will win and give GS a shot to run all over Buffalo like Army and Ohio did.

Being a UAlbany grad. I DETEST Buffalo. I hope we play them, they are a carbon copy of GagST but much better. Their QB is 6'6" and it's all about him. Put pressure up the middle while containing him, we will beat them. The main reason I dislike Buffalo is because while UAlbany is the "flagship of the SUNY system", Buffalo was first SUNY school to go D1. UAlbany sat for years on their butts refusing to move up to D1, somehow believing the myth that the move up would hurt ACADEMICS. Many, many UAlbany fans, years ago were flat out discusted by UAlbany's decision to not move up. I was one of them. At that time UAlbany was pushing towards 20,000 students, lots of fans left and never returned. Lots of STUPID athletic decisions being made at that time, like dropping their Highly successful wrestling program, UAlbany had 3 wrestlers go on to make the USA Olympic teams, one heavyweight winning the gold. Their basketball coach, Doc Sauers was one of the best/winningest NCAA coaches. A school of 18,000 beating up tiny D3 schools. So yep, Garns has a resentment towards my almamater and Buffalo.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Being a UAlbany grad. I DETEST Buffalo. I hope we play them, they are a carbon copy of GagST but much better. Their QB is 6'6" and it's all about him. Put pressure up the middle while containing him, we will beat them. The main reason I dislike Buffalo is because while UAlbany is the "flagship of the SUNY system", Buffalo was first SUNY school to go D1. UAlbany sat for years on their butts refusing to move up to D1, somehow believing the myth that the move up would hurt ACADEMICS. Many, many UAlbany fans, years ago were flat out discusted by UAlbany's decision to not move up. I was one of them. At that time UAlbany was pushing towards 20,000 students, lots of fans left and never returned. Lots of STUPID athletic decisions being made at that time, like dropping their Highly successful wrestling program, UAlbany had 3 wrestlers go on to make the USA Olympic teams, one heavyweight winning the gold. Their basketball coach, Doc Sauers was one of the best/winningest NCAA coaches. A school of 18,000 beating up tiny D3 schools. So yep, Garns has a resentment towards my almamater and Buffalo.
    I've watched a couple of their games and UB will be a hand full. They had there arse handed to them by a 7-win Ohio team that barely beat Kent State and FCS Howard, but played the rest of their schedule pretty tough. They won't fold up like BGSU did in 2015.
    Last edited by eagle#58; 28th November 2018 at 07:23 AM.

Bob Frye
    GSU fan since 2011
    ...father to a former Eagle great...
    husband to the mother of that former Eagle great...
    and I will have my vengence, in this life or the next!

EKU class of 1984 Ind. Electronics Technology

2015 Dollar General Assistant Coaches Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by eagle#58 View Post
    I've watched a couple of their games and UB will be a hand full. They had there arse handed to them by a 7-win Ohio team that barely beat Kent State and FCS Howard, but played the rest of their schedule pretty tough. They won't fold up like BGSU did in 2015.
    +1, also Army beat them. No they won't fold but we can beat them by 7-10 points.

I don’t want to play Buffalo. They are a terrible name, but better than us. Can we win that game? Maybe. Offense would have to score 40+. Don’t trust the boring offensive leader we have to call those kind of plays to win.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low