TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Camellia Bowl

1. Default Re: Camellia Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    Easy drive for our alumni base in Atlanta. But I do feel like this bowl is the lowest of the league. Smallest payout (not that it really matters), and I don't really have words for the stadium.

Still, I'm ecstatic we're even bowl eligible and if it means getting a chance for a 10th win, I don't care where it's played.
    Yeah, not an exciting bowl to say the least, but I do like that is a new bowl for us and look forward to one day having bowl victories for all the SBC bowls plastered around Paulson.

Default Re: Camellia Bowl

Since the winner and loser of the CCG are slotted, is there a reason the other bowls donít make their invitations? Will we have to wait until Sunday?

Tulane vs. ULL in Orlando?

Quote Originally Posted by CJAK View Post
    Since the winner and loser of the CCG are slotted, is there a reason the other bowls donít make their invitations? Will we have to wait until Sunday?
    I donít see why not unless there is potential for a non-SBC tie in bowl to open up.

Ark State just Tweeted the Arizona state flag. So guess that's out.
    Quote Originally Posted by StanMolsonMan View Post
    Because.... We're idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post
    Ark State just Tweeted the Arizona state flag. So guess that's out.
    Good!
    The poster formally known as:
    The Black Flag
    Seven Would Be Nice

Quote Originally Posted by panama View Post
    I suppose you guys expect us to draw 1000 a game and go 2 and 9 and slip quietly into the night

I think back to the past two seasons where I'm watching two schools I've never heard of play at 2 PM on a Tuesday in mid December and thinking, "We couldn't even make THIS bowl?"

I'm thrilled with Montgomery and I think our fans and team will be pleasantly surprised by the things to do around the area.

If you like history like myself, there are a lot of historical sites and museums in and around the city (Civil Rights - Rosa Parks/Dexter Baptist Church, F. Scott and Zelda Fitzgerald House, Hank Williams Museum, White House of the Confederacy, etc.). Very good restaurants nearby, too.

Everyone keep an open mind and let's watch the guys GATA!

Quote Originally Posted by GSU08 View Post
    yup, montgomery won't want Troy since that is an easy day trip. Mobile is at least 2.5 hours from troy, so they would still likely get a lot of people stay in town for the weekend, especially with the mardi gras festivities the night before.

I like Montgomery. stay there for work quite often. I'd be happy with that bowl.
    Montgomery is closer to our Atlanta fan base than Statesboro is in terms of driving time. I wouldn't expect a lot of people to stay in town so the town loses out on this selection. That was the only thing I was thinking would really have an effect.

I know I'll be day tripping it more than likely. It's only a little further than Auburn and that was an easy day trip.

I guess the bowl thinks our main contingent of fans lives in Statesboro or Savannah.

In any case, let's raze the stadium to the ground with the amount of points we score and own that ****ing place.

Mac Championship game is Friday night. Northern Illinois vs Buffalo. Time to do some scouting.