TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Camellia Bowl

Default Re: Camellia Bowl

Hoping to lock something in today. This will be my first bowl game and I can't wait!

Spoke to a friend who attended twice with App State. He said Camellia was better than Mobile. The parade was not as good, but the gameday events were great.

There is a great tailgate lot next to the Fan Fest. The Fan Fest has stuff for kids, and has a band or DJ, Pep Rally for each team, and tons of giveaways. He also recommended buying extra seats.
    The seating in Crampton Bowl is bench style and is very very very tight. He recommended buying an extra seat for every 2 people.
    'Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad.' - Darrell Royal

Quote Originally Posted by AEKDB/Eagle View Post
    Spoke to a friend who attended twice with App State. He said Camellia was better than Mobile. The parade was not as good, but the gameday events were great.

There is a great tailgate lot next to the Fan Fest. The Fan Fest has stuff for kids, and has a band or DJ, Pep Rally for each team, and tons of giveaways. He also recommended buying extra seats.
    The seating in Crampton Bowl is bench style and is very very very tight. He recommended buying an extra seat for every 2 people.
    Wonder why they don't do this at Alabama State instead?
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefeagle View Post
    Have rooms booked there also. Will see you two there, gonna be a great weekend!
    +1 Maybe we can go with y'all to Wintzell's so that we can get some of the good oysters.

Family in AL finally pays off!!
    Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

I think this is the best location for our first post-dark ages bowl game. It was pretty obvious this year our fan support isn't what it was pre-2016. This isn't as far of a drive or as expensive of a city as Orlando and not as bad of a date as Mobile. I think our attendance will actually be better than it would have been in or Orlando or Mobile. It's also a good tv option for people that don't make the trip. I think it's more likely to get people back on board with the program.

7. Default Re: Camellia Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    I think this is the best location for our first post-dark ages bowl game. It was pretty obvious this year our fan support isn't what it was pre-2016. This isn't as far of a drive or as expensive of a city as Orlando and not as bad of a date as Mobile. I think our attendance will actually be better than it would have been in or Orlando or Mobile. It's also a good tv option for people that don't make the trip. I think it's more likely to get people back on board with the program.
    If we win. Unfortunately, I think a lot of people who stayed on the fence this year will fall right back on the apathy side if we get skunked by a MAC team they know nothing about. My greatest fear with the FBS move was having a few bad seasons at a critical time. We stepped right into that trap with the idiotic hiring of Tyson Summers and our program, despite winning, is just not as shiny as it was 3 years ago. It's impossible to overstate the amount of damage that stupid decision did to Georgia Southern football as a brand.

8. Default Re: Camellia Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    From an attendance standpoint this will definitely bring the largest Southern crowd we could've had. I do wonder what that number will be though. We brought about 8k or so to Georgia State, can we get more than that to go to Montgomery?

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    From an attendance standpoint this will definitely bring the largest Southern crowd we could've had. I do wonder what that number will be though. We brought about 8k or so to Georgia State, can we get more than that to go to Montgomery?
    I'm hopeful that we can increase attendance from GState to the bowl game... The game last weekend wasn't the best date, being the Saturday after Thanksgiving. I wanted to attend, but instead I was sitting on Lake Chatuge freezing my tail off because my 17 year old is on his high school fishing team and had a tournament.
    The fact that this is a bowl game vs. a regular season game, and we haven't had this opportunity for the past 2 years, and it's on a pretty desirable date for easy travel... all sets up nicely for us to have a big crowd. I really hope we show out. The team will feed off our energy, because it's doubtful a MAC team will bring anywhere close to what we can bring. Let's make it feel like a home game! GATA!!
    We had plain white pants, we had plain navy-blue shirts, a number on the front and a number on the back. We couldn't even put a stripe down the middle of our helmets. We used a strip of tape. ... Those kind of things screamed, 'TEAM!' - Erk Russell

Quote Originally Posted by BrookletEagle View Post
    Was told by a friend who spoke with the ticket office yesterday that there will NOT be a bus option. Can't understand why, but that is what he was told.
    Sadly you might be right because when I asked the day they released bowl preorders, I was given that impression, but I kinda thought they just meant maybe only the far games wouldn't have that as an option.. I can't see why not either. We easily filled 2 buses from Boro to Mobile..