TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 28 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Camellia Bowl

Default Re: Camellia Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by gsudarlin View Post
    Currently at 3,100 bowl tickets sold.

Also, they posted around 5 that there were only 80 tickets remaining for the TrueBlue tailgates, so if you haven't already purchased some, I'd go ahead and do so
    I thought we'd be further along with ticket sales and I'm not surprised on the tailgate. Looks like EMU is selling their ticket allocation fairly well according to their board.
    “Show me a good and gracious loser, and I’ll show you a failure.” Knute Rockne-Notre Dame
    “Always remember….. Goliath was a 40 point favorite over David.” Shug Jordan- Auburn
    Eamus Aquila Anno Aquila AA000400

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesnest View Post
    I thought we'd be further along with ticket sales and I'm not surprised on the tailgate. Looks like EMU is selling their ticket allocation fairly well according to their board.
    I also saw that they have a program similar to WINGS & an anonymous donor is matching each ticket donated (for a limited time). Another neat thing is their tickets for troops also come with a t-shirt. I wonder if that program is padding their #s a little or not. Would be nice to have a good turnout though!! I agree with you in thinking we'd be further along by now..

Quote Originally Posted by gsudarlin View Post
    I also saw that they have a program similar to WINGS & an anonymous donor is matching each ticket donated (for a limited time). Another neat thing is their tickets for troops also come with a t-shirt. I wonder if that program is padding their #s a little or not. Would be nice to have a good turnout though!! I agree with you in thinking we'd be further along by now..
    I wouldn't be surprised by a lot of people buying directly from the bowl.

The one thing I wish we had done was make a BIG splash about preorders the week after the App game. That would have been a great time to cash in on the momentum of that game and get ahead of the rush to buy direct from anywhere. It feels like we kind of drug our feet on that a little too much.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised by a lot of people buying directly from the bowl.

The one thing I wish we had done was make a BIG splash about preorders the week after the App game. That would have been a great time to cash in on the momentum of that game and get ahead of the rush to buy direct from anywhere. It feels like we kind of drug our feet on that a little too much.
    IMO a lot of people were waiting to see what game because of the dates and distance. Those types typically aren't gong to buy tickets just to donate if they couldn't go after finding out where we officially ended up.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    IMO a lot of people were waiting to see what game because of the dates and distance. Those types typically aren't gong to buy tickets just to donate if they couldn't go after finding out where we officially ended up.
    You’re not wrong, but I mean it’s a no risk situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave. View Post
    You’re not wrong, but I mean it’s a no risk situation.
    Exactly, you can just pick the ones you're willing to go to.

Or you can cancel if you end up not wanting them before you get charged.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesnest View Post
    EMU's allocation was 2,500 according to their board.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Exactly, you can just pick the ones you're willing to go to.

Or you can cancel if you end up not wanting them before you get charged.
    Don't believe you could cancel. I added a couple extra seats after someone said the seats were pretty packed. Then the ESPN Zone announcement came out and I upgraded two of our tickets, before the original tickets were charged, to those and tried to cancel the other two and they wouldn't let me. Oh well, we'll have some seats on the Southern side now if I can convince the wife to leave the "suite".

it was my understanding that you could pick which ones you would be able to go to (and would not be charged if we went to a bowl you didn't pick). But if you picked the one that we are going to, once you pre-ordered, you could not cancel.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

10. Default Re: Camellia Bowl

Your two options are buying from the school or buying directly from the bowl. If you buy from the school you pay $35 for some seats TBD where they are. If you buy from the bowl you can pay $35 for seats you can pick out or pay $20 for General admission seats.
    At the end of the day people are going to do what’s best for them. If I hadn’t bought hospitality tickets I would have bought GA seats for $20.
    I wouldn’t be surprised if half the tickets sold to GSU fans up to this point were made directly through the bowl itself.