TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 402

Thread: Camellia Bowl

  1. #71

    Default Re: Camellia Bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by loyaleagle View Post
    +1 Maybe we can go with y'all to Wintzell's so that we can get some of the good oysters.
    Now that is something I would like to do as well.
    We have the privilege of two Georgia Southerns...the one that is known, from the past and the present; However, we also have access to the Georgia Southern University of our ambition....E.Y.E.S. / Alum

  2. #72

    Default Re: Camellia Bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    The Atlanta to Mobile bus trip was $70 I think to give you an idea. Should be in the same price range, likely less since it's a shorter distance. We did a day trip back and forth. The Statesboro one stayed either 1 or 2 nights in Mobile.
    Statesboro to Mobile was 1 night stay at the Renaissance next to the team hotel. I think it was roughly $333 per person, but it included the tailgate ticket and a post game meal.

  3. Default Re: Camellia Bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by BrookletEagle View Post
    Was told by a friend who spoke with the ticket office yesterday that there will NOT be a bus option. Can't understand why, but that is what he was told.
    Same here, I mean, people are paying for the trip so why not have buses? Honestly, I donít understand why we donít run buses from ATL to Paulson for our mid-week games.

  4. #74

    Default Re: Camellia Bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Same here, I mean, people are paying for the trip so why not have buses? Honestly, I don’t understand why we don’t run buses from ATL to Paulson for our mid-week games.
    Hannah was great at organizing those trips, but she left earlier this month.

    I know last year they only did day trips for the games they offered, and I think Clemson was the only one offered this season. They said they didn't do one for GaSt because they've had trouble filling it in the past, but I feel like there's definitely interest for the bowl.

    I've got to go to Savannah for an appointment on that Thursday, then return to NC after the game, So I don't need it, but it'd be nice for my family to have that option. I know some of the older fans don't particularly care to make that drive either. Plus it's just handy getting the package deal.

  5. #75

    Default Re: Camellia Bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Same here, I mean, people are paying for the trip so why not have buses? Honestly, I donít understand why we donít run buses from ATL to Paulson for our mid-week games.
    I emailed the ticket office this morning. They promptly responded with the following:

    We are currently in the process of researching the price and logistics for doing a possible bus trip. After we receive our official invitation on Sunday, we will look to finalize a decision on the matter in the coming days.

    So, they haven't said no on a trip yet. But, they haven't said yes. if they do come up with a plan it most likely won't be till early next week. It wouldn't include the game ticket(s).

  6. #76

    Default Re: Camellia Bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall View Post
    I emailed the ticket office this morning. They promptly responded with the following:

    We are currently in the process of researching the price and logistics for doing a possible bus trip. After we receive our official invitation on Sunday, we will look to finalize a decision on the matter in the coming days.

    So, they haven't said no on a trip yet. But, they haven't said yes. if they do come up with a plan it most likely won't be till early next week. It wouldn't include the game ticket(s).
    Thank you!
    I was tempted to call, but was worried I'd get a "we don't even know where we're going yet" response

  7. Default Re: Camellia Bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by EagleTeacher View Post
    I'm hopeful that we can increase attendance from GState to the bowl game... The game last weekend wasn't the best date, being the Saturday after Thanksgiving. I wanted to attend, but instead I was sitting on Lake Chatuge freezing my tail off because my 17 year old is on his high school fishing team and had a tournament.
    The fact that this is a bowl game vs. a regular season game, and we haven't had this opportunity for the past 2 years, and it's on a pretty desirable date for easy travel... all sets up nicely for us to have a big crowd. I really hope we show out. The team will feed off our energy, because it's doubtful a MAC team will bring anywhere close to what we can bring. Let's make it feel like a home game! GATA!!
    People had months to plan the G-State game and half of our alumni live around Atlanta. I think we will bring about the same number of people to Montgomery and the Camellia Bowl averages about 20,000 (with the usual "round it up" numbers), so around 8,000-10,000 sounds right to me.

  8. #78
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Decatur, GA
    Posts
    44,392

    Default Re: Camellia Bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Same here, I mean, people are paying for the trip so why not have buses? Honestly, I don’t understand why we don’t run buses from ATL to Paulson for our mid-week games.
    Because our Atlanta fans/alumn's would rather drive than be on a set schedule I guess. Trust me they've tried for years and it never works. Last bus trip had 3 people interested before they cancelled it. Over 40000 alums is it in metro Atlanta?
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

  9. Default Re: Camellia Bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Because our Atlanta fans/alumn's would rather drive than be on a set schedule I guess. Trust me they've tried for years and it never works. Last bus trip had 3 people interested before they cancelled it. Over 40000 alums is it in metro Atlanta?
    Was that for a mid-week game, or Saturday game? I agree with your point for the Saturday games, but for a mid-week I think it would be nice not to have to worry about all that... just take the bus, see the game and bus back to ATL that night.

  10. #80

    Default Re: Camellia Bowl

    I'm excited to go. Only a 2hr drive for me.
    Danny Gamboa's Casa de Autos!!!

Similar Threads

  1. GO DADDY BOWL POSTERS "FIRST BOWL EVER"
    By cybereagle in forum The Eagle Exchange
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 28th December 2016, 05:53 PM
  2. Camellia Bowl
    By boroeagle2 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 22nd December 2014, 12:27 PM
  3. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 3rd September 2014, 11:50 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •