"I've seen more heat in an Easy Bake Oven, Meat!"

Carlton Stewart
    c/o 2010, CIT
    Eagle fan since 1999
    Bronze Eagle since 2011
    North Augusta, South Carolina

Default Re: Ruse out at Tulane

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    His offense(other than Navy's) will end up looking like every other AAC team's offense. Then it all will come down to recruiting.(and I don't believe that's Willie's strongpoint).
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    Willie sees the writing on the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by The Demoralizer View Post
    Fritz is pulling a Davie.
    ? It's their best record since 2013 and first bowl game since then as well. Best record he's had at Tulane, and the record has improved every season. I don't think Ruse is a scapegoat in this situation, more like Willie is being proactive and taking his team in a different direction - perhaps one that Ruse didnt agree with or wasnt comfortable running?

Quote Originally Posted by The Demoralizer View Post
    Fritz is pulling a Davie.
    Making a change on the wrong side of the ball?
    Ever devoted to the twin causes of reason and justice . . . ever at risk of waxing verbose

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    ? It's their best record since 2013 and first bowl game since then as well. Best record he's had at Tulane, and the record has improved every season. I don't think Ruse is a scapegoat in this situation, more like Willie is being proactive and taking his team in a different direction - perhaps one that Ruse didnt agree with or wasnt comfortable running?
    +1

Found out it was a lot easier to run the store when someone else had already stocked the shelves. Maybe it'll be one less team to compete against for recruits.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    +1
    It's seems to me like it would have been better for Fritz to keep Ruse and hire a good qb coach (obviously not Ruse's strong point) and for him to take a more active role in the offense ( and overrule some of the boneheaded play calling) than have to start from scratch. But who knows what went on behind closed doors.

You know Willie ain't scared to throw someone under the bus
    Go Eagles!!

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Agree with this. Haven't watched any of Tulane this season, but as much as they throw it, I'm betting they're not much more an option team than App State is. They're also 65% run plays this season, 2014 we were 80%. He needed to really just be unapologetic and run an option offense there.
    Yep. From what I've seen, the offense was rooted in the same concepts we saw at GS, but the overall philosophy was more like Dan Mullen's.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post
    I find this turn of events most peculiar . . .
    Same, they improved steadily every year and passing was taking off as well. I mean 2233 passing and 2433 rushing a receiver with almost 1000 yards and a rusher with almost 1000 yards and you want to go in a different direction on offense? What offense on the face of the earth would not like that effective balance? Make a bowl for the second time as a program in ten years and fire he OC? Might be some behind the scenes personal stuff. Head scratcher....
    Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.