TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 292

Thread: Satterfield to Louisville?

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sugar Hill, Ga
    Posts
    10,125

    Default Re: Satterfield to Louisville?

    Quote Originally Posted by CLTeagle View Post
    If Satt goes, Iím worried they may get the JMU coach. I know some on here think that would never happen and I hope it doesnít. Would be a good move by App if they could get him.
    I donít worry about what I cannot control and CL preaches that mantra profusely. If Satterfield leaves for UL, congrats to him and his family. In response, if AppSt hires Houston as his replacement, good for them and bring it on!

    We should be ready for all comers and have the GATA mentality no matter whose on the opposing sidelines, player or coach.

  2. #12

    Default Re: Satterfield to Louisville?

    Apparently Kendal Briles is being considered at Texas St


    http://footballscoop.com/news/source...e-texas-state/

  3. #13

    Default Re: Satterfield to Louisville?

    Satterfield is mentioned in just about every open P5 position conversation.

  4. #14

    Default Re: Satterfield to Louisville?

    The Law of Averages is about to take effect in our rivalry with App State if he leaves. Scott Satterfield is basically App's version of Paul Johnson. He was their OC in their best years in FCS and oversaw a very strong transition into FBS. The people in our fan base and theirs that think they left us in the dust because with their version of Paul Johnson they can beat the brakes off of BVG, Hatcher, and Tyson Summers (App is 1-2 against non-Tyson staffs since we moved up BTW) are about the see the illusion shattered.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

    REgardling football Scheduling.

  5. Default Re: Satterfield to Louisville?

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    The Law of Averages is about to take effect in our rivalry with App State if he leaves. Scott Satterfield is basically App's version of Paul Johnson. He was their OC in their best years in FCS and oversaw a very strong transition into FBS. The people in our fan base and theirs that think they left us in the dust because with their version of Paul Johnson they can beat the brakes off of BVG, Hatcher, and Tyson Summers (App is 1-2 against non-Tyson staffs since we moved up BTW) are about the see the illusion shattered.
    App State has benefited from a coaching stability that most programs nowadays rarely see. I really want to watch them be forced onto the coaching carousel and see how dizzy it makes them.

  6. #16

    Default Re: Satterfield to Louisville?

    This will be the first time App will have to go out and actually perform a real coaching search in how many decades?

    As we all know, a ton can go wrong. Who are some potential replacements for Satt if he leaves? I know people bring up Mike Houston, but without a hefty buyout for Satt could they even afford him?

    Would they tempt fate and go from family man Satt to the controversial Baby Briles? Any FCS head coaches rumored to be on the move?
    "I've seen more heat in an Easy Bake Oven, Meat!"

    Carlton Stewart
    c/o 2010, CIT
    Eagle fan since 1999
    Bronze Eagle since 2011
    North Augusta, South Carolina

  7. #17

    Default Re: Satterfield to Louisville?

    Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    App State has benefited from a coaching stability that most programs nowadays rarely see. I really want to watch them be forced onto the coaching carousel and see how dizzy it makes them.
    Damn straight! Let's see if they can win 9 games with the 4th HC and 5th OC in a 5 year period like GS did this year.

  8. #18

    Default Re: Satterfield to Louisville?

    I think App should hire Tyson Summers. I'm sure he learned a lot from his time here, and is primed to be an excellent head coach...
    We had plain white pants, we had plain navy-blue shirts, a number on the front and a number on the back. We couldn't even put a stripe down the middle of our helmets. We used a strip of tape. ... Those kind of things screamed, 'TEAM!' - Erk Russell

  9. #19

    Default Re: Satterfield to Louisville?

    Quote Originally Posted by CLTeagle View Post
    If Satt goes, Iím worried they may get the JMU coach. I know some on here think that would never happen and I hope it doesnít. Would be a good move by App if they could get him.
    I'm going off memory here, but I think Houston is making around a million a year at JMU with a massive buyout. The only G5 conference that pays enough to get him moving would be the AAC.

  10. #20

    Default Re: Satterfield to Louisville?

    Quote Originally Posted by EagleTeacher View Post
    I think App should hire Tyson Summers. I'm sure he learned a lot from his time here, and is primed to be an excellent head coach...
    I will endorse this.

Similar Threads

  1. Summers & Satterfield
    By bteagles11 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 8th December 2016, 05:07 PM
  2. LOUISVILLE REGIONAL
    By sportsperson1983 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 31st May 2014, 12:38 AM
  3. UGA DC Grantham to Louisville
    By eagle95 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12th January 2014, 07:33 PM
  4. FIU vs Louisville
    By 1saveagle in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10th September 2011, 12:06 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •