TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: FB Game Thread - Eagles vs Panthers

1. Default Re: FB Game Thread - Eagles vs Panthers

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Yep. It’s b.s. to let Bama and the other powers shape the rulebook to suit their style of play.

For all of his ranting about tin horns, whining about cut blocks, and nixing of potential GSU/LSU matchups, Saban schedules an option team virtually every year.

Seriously, why does he do it?
    That’s a very good question.

Default Re: FB Game Thread - Eagles vs Panthers

Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post
    I don't think you're picking up what he's laying down . . .
    Probably not, GATAlac El Dorado. I'm old and senile with a tendancy to ramble......

Quote Originally Posted by GIEAGLE View Post
    Probably not, GATAlac El Dorado. I'm old and senile with a tendancy to ramble......
    Haha, I'm right there with you . . .

I think he's implying that ANYONE should be expected to excel in such a situation (with all of the best resources/recruits/etc.), so PJ wouldn't be anything special if he did in fact do that, but I totally get what you're saying as well.
    Ever devoted to the twin causes of reason and justice . . . ever at risk of waxing verbose

Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post
    Haha, I'm right there with you . . .

I think he's implying that ANYONE should be expected to excel in such a situation (with all of the best resources/recruits/etc.), so PJ wouldn't be anything special if he did in fact do that, but I totally get what you're saying as well.
    Good to know I'm not the only "old'un" here GATAlac El Dorado. Guess I was trying to say Paul Johnson's success with his offensive scheme could be even more prolific if he was working with the kind of talent & resources he seems to get compared to. "Why doesn't Tech win the ACC year in year out because they use the flex". "UGA stops a hole in his flex", etc.

Would another offensive scheme coached by a different offensive coaching staff have gotten Georgia Tech more W's in the games they've played under Coach Paul Johnson? Not imho. Probably not as many, either. Everybody's got an opinion.

I watched some of the game on YouTube earlier where Klak had put the GS radio feed instead of the ESPN announcers.
    Man, our radio crew was SAVAGE in trolling GState. I didn't hear them refer to the place as "Georgia State Stadium" a single time... it was always Turner Field. And there were baseball references left and right. On one long run they said "he's rounding third base, and gets tripped up before he can make it to home..."
    Classic, and hilarious! Great job to our crew.
    We had plain white pants, we had plain navy-blue shirts, a number on the front and a number on the back. We couldn't even put a stripe down the middle of our helmets. We used a strip of tape. ... Those kind of things screamed, 'TEAM!' - Erk Russell

Yes my point is that most any "X's and O's" is going to look good when you have solid "Jimmy's and Joe's".

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    Yes my point is that most any "X's and O's" is going to look good when you have solid "Jimmy's and Joe's".
    Unless they're Tyson Summers' "Xs and Os."
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Unless they're Tyson Summers' "Xs and Os."

Quote Originally Posted by EagleTeacher View Post
    I watched some of the game on YouTube earlier where Klak had put the GS radio feed instead of the ESPN announcers.
    Man, our radio crew was SAVAGE in trolling GState. I didn't hear them refer to the place as "Georgia State Stadium" a single time... it was always Turner Field. And there were baseball references left and right. On one long run they said "he's rounding third base, and gets tripped up before he can make it to home..."
    Classic, and hilarious! Great job to our crew.
    The non elbow drop on the Gag State chair, the location was tagged as Turner Field. I listened to the first few minutes of the quick cut just to hear the trolling. I'll watch it probably tonight at home.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

10. Default Re: FB Game Thread - Eagles vs Panthers

Quote Originally Posted by GIEAGLE View Post
    Good to know I'm not the only "old'un" here GATAlac El Dorado. Guess I was trying to say Paul Johnson's success with his offensive scheme could be even more prolific if he was working with the kind of talent & resources he seems to get compared to. "Why doesn't Tech win the ACC year in year out because they use the flex". "UGA stops a hole in his flex", etc.

Would another offensive scheme coached by a different offensive coaching staff have gotten Georgia Tech more W's in the games they've played under Coach Paul Johnson? Not imho. Probably not as many, either. Everybody's got an opinion.
    Let me start by saying i love the flexbone. What most of if not all of you arent realizing is that regardless of where PJ is at school wise, he will never have the players that bama, clemson, ohio state, and uga. Kids aren't going to those schools because they have been a fan of the school for their whole life(in most cases). These kids are going to those schools because thats the best chance for them to get to the NFL. The flexbone isn't going to produce hardly any NFL prospects in todays world. You have to use quick, smaller linemen in order to block it the way he does. The b-backs have the best chance but its even hard for them to get a look. WR's don't get thrown to enough to get looked at nor do the A-backs. AP will be the best running back ever to come out of the flex and he had an ok NFL career.