TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: FB Game Thread - Eagles vs Panthers

Default Re: FB Game Thread - Eagles vs Panthers

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSanders View Post
    Why are we talking about Paul Johnson and the flex? Still. In this thread. Why?
    Every thread on this board runs the risk of turning into a flex discussion.....even the "Happy Thanksgiving" and "Merry Christmas" threads.

Quote Originally Posted by gwinnetteagle88 View Post
    Every thread on this board runs the risk of turning into a flex discussion.....even the "Happy Thanksgiving" and "Merry Christmas" threads.
    And you are ERKed by discussion.
    Have you read anything I've comented on?

PS check your PM!
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

Quote Originally Posted by Bleedin Eagle Blue View Post
    I think posters just throw out anti flex rhetoric just to see how long they can side track a thread. Itís like those forwarded emails from back in the day, letís just see how long this will go on and how it will change!

Now back to the thread, great win for the program. Didnít think we would be looking at getting 10 wins this season but couldnít be happier. We have a competent coaching staff and with a little continuity 2019 should be fun.
    And what a pleasure it was to see us score 2 touchdowns on long pass route execution made possible by success in the run game once again. Love to see the O linemen pull, get up field, & execute blocks along with the H back & wide outs which helped make the run game go. Logan Wright also takes care of his business without the ball.

A much better W/L record this year than I expected. Props to the coaching staff & players. Surely the pass game will get cleaned up before the start of next season. Got to if games like ULM & Troy are gonna be improved upon.

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    And you are ERKed by discussion.
    Have you read anything I've comented on?

PS check your PM!
    Actually I did not go back through the thread to see who said what. I was commenting on Mike's message... and yes it does seem a lot of threads go off on a "flex discussion" tangent out of nowhere. Similar to how many threads on the CSNbbs Sunbelt board often turn into an APP/GS discussion. ERKs me? Not really.... it is amusing at times. I am a flex fan and have been since I was a student when we evolved into it in 1985 when PJ moved from defense to OC, but really like a well executed option play from any formation.

Checked my PM and did not see anything from you.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Actually, no it wouldn't. Various rule changes throughout the years have changed the way the offense works. I've seen some articles about it as time has gone by. What we ran in 85/86 and even in the late 90s/early 00s can't be run today. I think the big change was blocking below the waist rules changes in 02.

Eventually, rules are going to change to keep the flexbone from being a viable offense just because of how it's perceived (right or wrong) to cause more injuries than other offenses. It's probably why you're seeing less veer plays these days and more belly or zone plays than you used to.
    eaglewraith, I do respect your opinion on this. However, I'll simply beg to differ with it. I do understand that if a version of the 1985 Hambone was run today it would be closer to the offense we saw the second half of the 1985 national championship game. The pass routes are there. They just have to be called & executed. You'd have to have a quarterback that's as good in the pass game as he is in the run game pulling the trigger & receivers like Sharpe, the Belsers, the Johnsons, Craft, Andrews, etc., that would go get the ball & catch it. You'd have to have the O linemen with the skill set to get off the ball as we used to & coach 'em up to do so. Yep, some blocking technique would be changed. Maybe there wouldn't be as many big plays in the run game, but with the improved execution in the pass game execution I still think the correctly called & executed Hambone scheme would be every bit as productive today as it was in 1985.

Quote Originally Posted by GIEAGLE View Post
    eaglewraith, I do respect your opinion on this. However, I'll simply beg to differ with it. I do understand that if a version of the 1985 Hambone was run today it would be closer to the offense we saw the second half of the 1985 national championship game. The pass routes are there. They just have to be called & executed. You'd have to have a quarterback that's as good in the pass game as he is in the run game pulling the trigger & receivers like Sharpe, the Belsers, the Johnsons, Craft, Andrews, etc., that would go get the ball & catch it. You'd have to have the O linemen with the skill set to get off the ball as we used to & coach 'em up to do so. Yep, some blocking technique would be changed. Maybe there wouldn't be as many big plays in the run game, but with the improved execution in the pass game execution I still think the correctly called & executed Hambone scheme would be every bit as productive today as it was in 1985.
    Wertsbone?????

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Wertsbone?????
    Is that what we call this gun/pistol scheme we're running now, garns 4?

Quote Originally Posted by GIEAGLE View Post
    Is that what we call this gun/pistol scheme we're running now, garns 4?
    Well, if we keep winning and Werts keeps improving especially in the passing game then yes, we might be watching the Wertsbone. Oh, for what it's worth, Ham thinks the kid is good and is going to get even better.

Quote Originally Posted by introvertedGSUfan View Post
    That was the coldest game I've been to. I didn't bring nearly a thick enough jacket, I had to walk around constantly in the second half to stay warm.
    Been to UT Chatanooga, Western Carolina, App state, Middle Tn state, Furman, or Ga southern in December? Wear some layers and bring a flask!

Quote Originally Posted by 81AUGUSTAEAGLE View Post
    Been to UT Chatanooga, Western Carolina, App state, Middle Tn state, Furman, or Ga southern in December? Wear some layers and bring a flask!
    Don't envy LA having to play in Boone Saturday, high of 46 with 60% chance of precipitation.