TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NDS could break GS 6 NC Record

Default Re: NDS could break GS 6 NC Record

In 2013 they had one or two challenges. I assure you, they don’t want to see Kenessaw.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

lol. The competition is nowhere near what it was since they started.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Chris Klieman is 65-6 at NDSU. Mike Houston 36-5 at JMU.

Both of those coaches have higher win percentage than Erk Russell or Paul Johnson while at Georgia Southern, higher than Jim Tressel at YSU, higher than Roy Kidd at EKU in their golden years, higher than Tubby Raymond at Delaware, higher than Jerry Moore at App after changing to the spread, and higher than Jim Donnan at Marshall.

Are Chris Klieman, Mike Houston, and Craig Bohl simply the best coaches to ever come through the FCS and they just happen to come through in the same era? Anyone who thinks the subdivision isn't watered down is in complete denial. And yes, that should be taken into consideration for our playoff runs 2010-2012.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

4. Default Re: NDS could break GS 6 NC Record

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post

Both of those coaches have higher win percentage than Erk Russell or Paul Johnson while at Georgia Southern, higher than Jim Tressel at YSU, higher than Roy Kidd at EKU in their golden years, higher than Tubby Raymond at Delaware, higher than Jerry Moore at App after changing to the spread, and higher than Jim Donnan at Marshall.

Are Chris Klieman, Mike Houston, and Craig Bohl simply the best coaches to ever come through the FCS and they just happen to come through in the same era? Anyone who thinks the subdivision isn't watered down is in complete denial. And yes, that should be taken into consideration for our playoff runs 2010-2012.
    And you can add teams like WKU, Ark St, Troy, ULL, Central Florida, Nevada, South Florida to the list. One needs to go look at the FCS brackets and you will see this is simply not the same 1AA division from years ago.

NDSU has always seemed like a classy program. No matter how many they end up winning, I think people will always respect what we were able to accomplish. Educated fans typically give us our due for our winning history.
    I still believe we should be sitting at 9 1AA titles instead of 6... Never should have lost to umass in '98, the '04 (I think) team that lost to UNH in the rain was one of our best teams ever IMO, and I still believe, in spite of the outcome, that the '12 team was better than NDSU, even though they beat us.
    Regardless, 6 championships is an incredible accomplishment no matter the level. I love being a Georgia Southern Eagle!
    We had plain white pants, we had plain navy-blue shirts, a number on the front and a number on the back. We couldn't even put a stripe down the middle of our helmets. We used a strip of tape. ... Those kind of things screamed, 'TEAM!' - Erk Russell

I still can’t comprehend how they’ve done it without anything groundbreaking or different on offense and being located in an area with limited local talent and little appeal from a recruiting standpoint.
    Ever devoted to the twin causes of reason and justice . . . ever at risk of waxing verbose

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post

I'm not saying it's not watered down. I'm just saying that it didn't magically get watered down in 2013 when GS and Appy left. It was watered down before that, yet we didn't go on a 10 year run like they are did we? If it's so easy to do, then why didn't we? What they are doing is because they are a great team, not JUST because the division is watered down. Should Bama's championships have an asterisk since there are only 2 or 3 teams in any given year that are even close to being on their level?
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    I'm not saying it's not watered down. I'm just saying that it didn't magically get watered down in 2013 when GS and Appy left. It was watered down before that, yet we didn't go on a 10 year run like they are did we? If it's so easy to do, then why didn't we? What they are doing is because they are a great team, not JUST because the division is watered down. Should Bama's championships have an asterisk since there are only 2 or 3 teams in any given year that are even close to being on their level?
    2005 we were getting close. Then we got van goobered and hatched a bad scheme change. Monken was on the way but NDSU just had our number by that point.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    +1. I don't buy the "water down" theory, bottom line is you got to win. Glad FCS wasn't watered down when we were in it, makes it easier to say we didn't win a NC for those 13 years because back in those days men were men and FCS was like running the gauntlet from hell. Now we know it's really easy to win a FCS NC.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    Kennesaw winning this year. Write that down.
    Win what?
    Poster formerly known as gudp1