TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NDS could break GS 6 NC Record

1. Default NDS could break GS 6 NC Record

CAA Football set an FCS playoff record on Sunday, but North Dakota State's dynasty will be pursuing an even bigger mark in the 24-team field.

The top-ranked Bison (11-0) earned the No. 1 seed when the pairings were announced Sunday. The defending champions are making their ninth consecutive appearance in the playoffs and seeking their seventh FCS championship in eight years, which would break their tie with Georgia Southern for the most titles.

http://www.espn.com/college-football...cord-six-teams
    "I believe political correctness is one of the most dangerous movements facing America." Erk Russell

Default Re: NDS could break GS 6 NC Record

Quote Originally Posted by GSU25+yrFan View Post
    CAA Football set an FCS playoff record on Sunday, but North Dakota State's dynasty will be pursuing an even bigger mark in the 24-team field.

The top-ranked Bison (11-0) earned the No. 1 seed when the pairings were announced Sunday. The defending champions are making their ninth consecutive appearance in the playoffs and seeking their seventh FCS championship in eight years, which would break their tie with Georgia Southern for the most titles.

Our record will fall at some point. I am pulling for ksu and look for Bohannon to win the Eddie Robinson award.
    Brian Brennan
    1995 BBA Finance
    Eagle fan since 1982

Kennesaw winning this year. Write that down.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

The titles they’ve won since 2013 are asterisk laden.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Quote Originally Posted by GSU25+yrFan View Post

Give credit where credit is due. Before NDSU went FCS I think they won 6 D2 NC's. Also they beat us on their way to two of their NC's. They are an outstanding football program. I also got to say, they can recruit, how they find their kids is amazing. They have become the Alabama of FCS.

It's NDSU and everyone else.

They'll likely win this year. KSU has to play in the tin can to make it to Frisco, and NDSU has shown the ability to defend that offense really well (their HC was the DC when we played them). KSU doesn't have the talent advantage we had in 2012, but I'm sure they'll give it a go.

On a side note: If our record has to fall, I'm glad it's because someone is so completely dominate that they completely demolish our number of titles. It would be more irritating to have someone like Youngstown or Delaware pass our record just because they're in FCS forever.

Not could, they will this year. Remember our kicking woes? It never cost them a title. Just like us an XP you held your breath and couldn't' make chip shot FG's. Or they went for a 4th down vs kicking a short FG.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Not could, they will this year. Remember our kicking woes? It never cost them a title. Just like us an XP you held your breath and couldn't' make chip shot FG's. Or they went for a 4th down vs kicking a short FG.
    1peat been secretly lobbying for them since #6 in plain sight
    Ever devoted to the twin causes of reason and justice . . . ever at risk of waxing verbose

9. Default Re: NDS could break GS 6 NC Record

Wow, they are undefeated this year, too?!?!? Damn. Oh well, it’s inevitable that they would break that record at some point. We never should have lost to UMASS in 1998. I’d care if we still played there, I won’t pull for them but I’ll wish them luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    The titles they’ve won since 2013 are asterisk laden.
    No they are not. They are doing exactly what they are supposed to do...win all the games in front of them. We can say all day long that the competition is weak, and it is) but it's no different than before we moved up. Troy and Ark State and Marshall and UCF, and anyone else that moved before us could have said the same thing about "all the good teams are gone". If it was so easy.....why didn't we win 7 in 9 years before we moved up?
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive